Main Camp

Floyd

So I was reading the sun today and the article on wild. Osh saying theres about 5 really good lbs on the team n if we can keep them all thatd be great for changing up looks and plays. I got the impression by the article that wilds really gotta bring it to secure his place on the starting /constant line up. Is there really any doubt that hes the ncumbent starter and its the other guys that need to bring it to stick? Was this just a polite way to say everyones got a chance even tho reality says they're competing for back up roles to bass, wild and hurl (?)

There's nothing reported on Richards. He has healed fully from off-season surgery, but that has left him slightly behind in conditioning. And that would be normal

Heres an interesting piece. 

Putting the receivers battle into numbers...Weston Dressler, Ryan Smith, Darvin Adams and Rory Kohlert will likely take four of the Bombers starting receiver jobs leaving just one starters job for the other 12 receivers in camp.

10 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

There's nothing reported on Richards. He has healed fully from off-season surgery, but that has left him slightly behind in conditioning. And that would be normal

Heres an interesting piece. 

Putting the receivers battle into numbers...Weston Dressler, Ryan Smith, Darvin Adams and Rory Kohlert will likely take four of the Bombers starting receiver jobs leaving just one starters job for the other 12 receivers in camp.

I like Veltung but don't like his odds.  I wonder who has the upper hand on the returner job?

11 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

So I was reading the sun today and the article on wild. Osh saying theres about 5 really good lbs on the team n if we can keep them all thatd be great for changing up looks and plays. I got the impression by the article that wilds really gotta bring it to secure his place on the starting /constant line up. Is there really any doubt that hes the ncumbent starter and its the other guys that need to bring it to stick? Was this just a polite way to say everyones got a chance even tho reality says they're competing for back up roles to bass, wild and hurl (?)

Wild will be part of an intriguing body of LBs that the Bombers are high on. 

Khalil Bass, Ian Wild, Moe Leggett, Sam Hurl, Tony Burnett, Jesse Briggs, Garrett Waggoner, Knox, Teague Sherman along with newcomers Duron Singleton, John Rush (currently injured) and draft picks Shayne Gauthier and Frank Renaud.

“We’ve got a lot of good linebackers right now and I feel very comfortable with any of them playing for us,” said O’Shea. “The hope is we can get a bunch of different looks on the field and keep everybody fresh during the game.”

The Bombers are just beginning to open their package of linebacker setups. 3-4...4-3..and even 3-3 with 6 defensive backs. They can do that with the roster being built the way it has been built up. It sounds like Coach Hall will be able to deploy a more "exotic" look as the season progresses.

31 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Wild will be part of an intriguing body of LBs that the Bombers are high on. 

Khalil Bass, Ian Wild, Moe Leggett, Sam Hurl, Tony Burnett, Jesse Briggs, Garrett Waggoner, Knox, Teague Sherman along with newcomers Duron Singleton, John Rush (currently injured) and draft picks Shayne Gauthier and Frank Renaud.

“We’ve got a lot of good linebackers right now and I feel very comfortable with any of them playing for us,” said O’Shea. “The hope is we can get a bunch of different looks on the field and keep everybody fresh during the game.”

The Bombers are just beginning to openarrow-10x10.png their package of linebacker setups. 3-4...4-3..and even 3-3 with 6 defensive backs. They can do that with the roster being built the way it has been built up. It sounds like Coach Hall will be able to deploy a more "exotic" look as the season progresses.

so in that blabbering i wrote,  the question was are there any locks for starting LBs? I'm sure in the fairness of competition the coaches will always say its anyone's job to be had, but have guys like Wild and Bass done enough to ensure job security. imo yes. not to say they couldnt rotate at times with some other awesome talent we have in the wings, but that article made it seem like there is no sure thing. i disagree

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

so in that blabbering i wrote,  the question was are there any locks for starting LBs? I'm sure in the fairness of competition the coaches will always say its anyone's job to be had, but have guys like Wild and Bass done enough to ensure job security. imo yes. not to say they couldnt rotate at times with some other awesome talent we have in the wings, but that article made it seem like there is no sure thing. i disagree

In a world of no guaranteed money I hesitate to call anyone a lock but they're definitely Wild/Bass's jobs to lose.

22 minutes ago, mbrg said:

With the injuries he had in camp last year, Richards really hasn't been in game shape since playing in the CIS in the fall of 2014.  There will be a lot of rust to knock off.

thats true, but wasnt he healthy all off season? we are near the end of TC and he had rookie camp. I got a pit in my stomach that hes another waste of a pick. 

Roberts is a big play making db prospect im allways happy to see that kinda guy in camp. 

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

thats true, but wasnt he healthy all off season? we are near the end of TC and he had rookie camp. I got a pit in my stomach that hes another waste of a pick. 

Roberts is a big play making db prospect im allways happy to see that kinda guy in camp. 

There was an article on him a few days ago. He says all off-season was rehab, and he missed the offensive mini-camp remember, so this has been the first real football he's played in awhile. There's going to be some growing pains getting back into game shape again. I'm willing to give it time, 'cause he's got the Want-To, and all the physical tools are there...

So I just woke up not that long ago, am only on my first cup of coffee, and I saw this: 

Rush end Trent Corney, #Bombers top 2016 draft pick, just broke Stanley Bryant's ankles with a speed move off the edge. #hyperbole #noinjury

Had to read it a couple times, 'cause my heart skipped a beat......holy hell....

38 minutes ago, Noeller said:
So I just woke up not that long ago, am only on my first cup of coffee, and I saw this: 

Rush end Trent Corney, #Bombers top 2016 draft pick, just broke Stanley Bryant's ankles with a speed move off the edge. #hyperbole #noinjury

Had to read it a couple times, 'cause my heart skipped a beat......holy hell....

Basketball term for when you cross a guy up with a good move. 

Scott Billeck ‏@ScottBilleck  12m12 minutes ago

Drew Willy offering up gifts again today, with Macho Harris the latest beneficiary of an errant throw. Last play of the first session.

This seems somewhat concerning. Haven't heard a lot of really good things about Willy throughout camp......

38 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Scott Billeck ‏@ScottBilleck  12m12 minutes ago

Drew Willy offering up gifts again today, with Macho Harris the latest beneficiary of an errant throw. Last play of the first session.

This seems somewhat concerning. Haven't heard a lot of really good things about Willy throughout camp......

Especially after he has been throwing balls for 10 days now. not good.

With all the apparent talent we have I sure hope we can turn that into some insurance on the OL

The thing we don't know, based on tweets alone, is if Willy's throwing poorly, or if receivers are running wrong routes, or what. I suppose, though, it shows the offense is not in sync yet, and that may be troubling.....