Oh boy, someone else thinks Tebow could make it here

IC Khari

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000639598/article/urban-meyer-tim-tebow-might-consider-playing-in-cfl

If Tim Tebow still has the desire to be a professional football player, his former college coach said his best chance to play is probably north of the border.

Talking to Rich Eisen and Mike Mayock during NFL Network's NFL Scouting Combine coverage in Indianapolis on Saturday, Ohio State coach Urban Meyer said he spoke to Tebow about the possibility of playing in the Canadian Football League.

"I was actually in a conversation with him about going to Canada ... I think if there's a right (opportunity) I think he'd probably do it," Meyer said.

Tebow was cut by the Philadelphia Eagles just before the start of the 2015 season. He finished Philly's preseason slate with a completion percentage near 60 along with a pair of passing touchdowns and an interception. He rushed for 82 yards and another TD. He also showcased a new throwing motion and improved mechanics, but still struggled with reading defenses.

"He does have somewhat of an awkward throwing motion at times," Meyer said. "I really thought the Chip Kelly experience (in Philadelphia) would be his opportunity. I really hope he gets his foot in the door."

Tebow, the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner, helped Florida win two national titles under Meyer before being selected 25th overall by the Denver Broncos in the 2010 NFL Draft. He hasn't played in a NFL regular-season game since his final contest with the New York Jets in December 2012.

For years, the CFL has been a rumored destination for Tebow. Is the time right for a little northern exposure?

many were against this idea years ago, when he was relatively still in game shape.  whens the last time hes has a meaningful snap? and even if he kept in shape what would have changed from then till now. I thought biggest knock was the guy had a suspect arm.

if he ever did come north I'd expect Popp to be first in line to powder his jock.  guy has a rager for anything NFL

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

many were against this idea years ago, when he was relatively still in game shape.  whens the last time hes has a meaningful snap? and even if he kept in shape what would have changed from then till now. I thought biggest knock was the guy had a suspect arm.

if he ever did come north I'd expect Popp to be first in line to powder his jock.  guy has a rager for anything NFL

He's also still on the Als' neg list, isn't he?

If you thought Brohms one hoppers were bad...you ain't seen nothin yet ,till/ and if the Als. ever bring in this neg. lister...Tebow can't throw on the postage stamp size fields down south, how would he ever complete one up here...I hope Popp brings him in and gets burned again by his penchant for anything nfl...be just another nail in his lacklustre performance of late..

9 hours ago, bearpants said:

Just another example that many Americans are ignorant to the CFL game... some figure "well the CFL is like a football minor league so he should have no problem there"... 

No one said he'd dominate here. They simply mentioned that the CFL may still be an opportunity for him, whereas he's exhausted his nfl chances.

14 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Someone fill me in as to why Tebow refused to switch positions? I know one reason is probably his ego but still you have to wonder why he couldn't have done really what was best for his career. He blew it.

The water boy told to screw off.