Free Agency 2016...

Mr Dee

2 hours ago, do or die said:

Really wanted to see Cummings here......this guy can ball.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Anyone expecting much more than the official Cummings announcement tomorrow is getting greedy. 

We'll be done aside from maybe a depth signing at this point. We went big today. 

Announced at 11 pm:  

http://www.cfl.ca/2016/02/09/bombers-sign-free-agent-euclid-cummings/

12 hours ago, Dragon37 said:

I don't think Winnipeg has the depth at DL to cut Bryant. That may change but I would bet they enter TC with Turner.

Bryant didn't look that good last season. possibly not the same player he was a few years ago.

also, still need O lineman.  don't think that's significantly better than last year, so far. correct me if I'm wrong. Big problem.

Edited by Mark F

I would like the Bombers to sign Getzlaf (for the right price of course) ... Jones said their waiting for his health condition while his camp said he's healthy. Obviously there's a disconnect on both sides.

Reason being... I would say, Kohlert / Getzlaf > Kohlert / Feoli-Gudino

.... and just to make the Riders fans bleed even more. ;)

11 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Exactly. They also went in on Laurent and probably aren't done.

They, also, according to Riderfans had actually offered more money to Duron Carter than Montreal did but he chose to go to MTL anyway. If reports are true that Duron signed in MTL for 250k/Laurent in Hamilton for 250k per, and the Riders had higher offers in for both of them but lost out, then that would be two Non QB, non OL, for 500k.....and they are accusing Walters of being Taman. sheesh.

Nothing but sour grapes from the Rider fans because they are attempting to throw money around and players are choosing to go elsewhere. They are finding out that Regina is not the centre of the CFL universe and not every player wants to go there. They are Winnipeg circa 2010 and finding out that players don't go rushing to a rebuilding team just because you hire a flashy new coach.

The thing I find funniest is that you have a guy like Rider_Stronson over there (who I have a lot of respect for, he's a very smart CFL fan) talking about how our build is so "Tamanesque" because we're spending like mad in FA but then in the same thread, he brags about how smart Jones is because they have cap room and are now set up to spend on day two and beyond.

All in the name of "value".

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

The thing I find funniest is that you have a guy like Rider_Stronson over there (who I have a lot of respect for, he's a very smart CFL fan) talking about how our build is so "Tamanesque" because we're spending like mad in FA but then in the same thread, he brags about how smart Jones is because they have cap room and are now set up to spend on day two and beyond.

All in the name of "value".

"Tamanesque" is his word of the day. Those comparisons should be saved for when we pay $250k for import receivers and defensive ends.

Edited by sweep the leg

2 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

"Tamanesque" is his word of the day. Those comparisons should be saved for when we pay $250k on import receivers and defensive ends.

I love how every time I mention that Walters is actually spending money the exact opposite way Taman did, I get crickets over there. If they pretend they don't read it, it's not true.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I love how every time I mention that Walters is actually spending money the exact opposite way Taman did, I get crickets over there. If they pretend they don't read it, it's not true.

If you're talking about the Rider board, then you might be right about the "not being able to read" part.

27 minutes ago, Mike said:

A lot of them don't truly understand what you mean. Many have not grasped the concept of what it was that Taman did wrong. A couple like Rotor and BSD have been trying to explain to them that there was nothing wrong with building a Grey Cup winner in 2013, the problem came after when Taman refused to make some tough choices and instead deferred salary like a mad man and starting making ridiculous trades. They have been met with crickets too.

They literally don't have a perception of how a team could open up cap space effectively to be able to spend later. It is like a foreign language to them. Years of Taman as GM and believing in his shell game will do that though.

Taman's overpaying has really got them doing a run scared for the hills fear of paying people the market rate, or completely devalue any player out there. There numbers are just a jumble of made up amounts and according to them there is not a player in the league worth 150k these days.

It's quite a confusing time for them. Years of Taman followed by the Huffer and Joe Mack love child approach. It's hard to change your ideology that drastically over night and really get why.

Edited by gcn11

Why is Huff and puff dissing our gm...Seems odd for another teams management to go down that road..Did we start pointing the finger and 'yell' nepotism when he brought his son into the organization...I think Huff better pull in his horns before others start calling him out..Fair ball if he wants to start throwing crap..

Edited by Stickem

Has huff taken over the job of that captain obvious guy from the commercials? Yeah I'm fairly sure most teams would like to build from with in, ya tool. It's not always possible, especially when this is your last year to make improvements. 

Those quoted tweets make him sound like a bitter old man. It's too bad we can't hear the full convo, cause those comments have tainted my view of the man. Which I know is a bit ridiculous, but I can't help it.

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Why is Huff and puff dissing our gm...Seems odd for another teams management to go down that road..Did we start pointing the finger and 'yell' nepotism when he brought his son into the organization...I think Huff better pull in his horns before others start calling him out..Fair ball if he wants to start throwing crap..

Huff is throwing crap around because his team has hemorrhaged talent the last two years in FA because that's what happens when you have a lot of talent. He's bitter about it though. He's cheap and that worked for him for a long time, but now players are saying F-that and getting the bigger paycheque elsewhere and it's hurting his team. I really feel the Stamps have come way back to the pack this year with all the talent they have lost.