Free Agency 2016...

Mr Dee

8 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

So with Ted Laurant re-signing with the Ti-cats for average $250k a year, what does it do for Capicciotti? How much will he be expected to sign for? and should the Bombers be involved in the bidding?

Laurent signing means nothing for Capiciotti really because he got what everyone pretty much expected he would. Had he gotten his crazy ask of 300k that could have been a game changer....and no we shouldn't be involved in the bidding.

11 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

So with Ted Laurant re-signing with the Ti-cats for average $250k a year, what does it do for Capicciotti? How much will he be expected to sign for? and should the Bombers be involved in the bidding?

I gotta be honest man - you're going to be disappointed if you think the Bombers are in on any high price tag items going forward. If any signings are made, they'll be of the value variety. No more big fish.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

I gotta be honest man - you're going to be disappointed if you think the Bombers are in on any high price tag items going forward. If any signings are made, they'll be of the value variety. No more big fish.

I agree. I see nowhere left that we can cut dead weight to free up the benjamins. Yesterdays signings likely clear out our existing starting DL with the exception of Westerman and quite possibly Denmark as well. Any big ticket items would have to be met with an equal response as a cut. Not sure we have any more dead weight to spare. Unless, of course, a FA calls and offers himself to us for a price we just can't refuse...but that is highly unlikely.

Edited by gcn11

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Would you consider Fuller or Edem big fish? Walter wanted to draft Edem so I figured they would at least make a pitch(which they may have)

2 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Would you consider Fuller or Edem big fish? Walter wanted to draft Edem so I figured they would at least make a pitch(which they may have)

Fuller for sure is a big fish. He wants the bucks. Edem will get his coin too. Any signings today will be of the "who's that/internet search" variety. We still have to leave cap room to extend Westerman and Chungh.

I liked our little spending spree yesterday, but it will have repercussions, any more big dollar signings and those repercussions may be too high a price to pay.

Edited by gcn11

20 minutes ago, Mike said:

I will understand (and not gonna be disappointed) if they wont sign anything today, big fish or not. Im just throwing the question.

Walters said they will fill holes on the roster thru free-agency. And this is the once in a lifetime opportunity. There's still some holes need to be filled up - a DE, a WR, DB and OT depth. I know they can pickup some guys in the US but what does the Bombers scouting brought so far?

Edited by M.O.A.B.

2 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

A couple thoughts:

1) I'm shocked the Riders aren't among those teams.

2) Huff talking to Sherritt is the pot calling the kettle black after yesterday's tirade.

I'm not shocked that the Riders are not in on Sherrit. There were rumors that the two didn't really see eye to eye.

25 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Obviously we either lowballed him or he wants to play elsewhere. Either way I'm fine with that after we signed Shologan. We just needed one of them.

Likely the former. Sources are saying he's looking for around $200K. He probably would have signed at the right price.

7 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

A couple thoughts:

1) I'm shocked the Riders aren't among those teams.

2) Huff talking to Sherritt is the pot calling the kettle black after yesterday's tirade.

I'm not shocked. I wouldn't be surprised TBH if we were going after Capiciotti. The only question is whether Jones wants to pay that much to get him or not though.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Has huff taken over the job of that captain obvious guy from the commercials? Yeah I'm fairly sure most teams would like to build from with in, ya tool. It's not always possible, especially when this is your last year to make improvements. 

Those quoted tweets make him sound like a bitter old man. It's too bad we can't hear the full convo, cause those comments have tainted my view of the man. Which I know is a bit ridiculous, but I can't help it.

The one year contracts are going to drastically shake up the CFL landscape, the ground has shifted.  We'll find out just how thick Huf's "pipeline" is when his team starts hemorrhaging 10-15 free agents every year.  Old dogs don't like new tricks, thus they grumble.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne