Chris Jones to Saskatchewan Roughriders confirmed

blueandgoldguy

gary lawless

gary lawless – Verified account ‏@garylawless

You can take @Ticats DC Orlondo Steinauer off @EdmontonEsks list of HC candidates, told he and Ticats have agreed he'll stay in Hamilton

Steinhaur turns down a chance to coach the Grey Cup champs? Especially with that defense & Mike Reilly as their qb. He'll never walk into a better situation as a head coach. He's crazy. 

Wow I'm shocked that this happened and a bit disappointed that they made a huge splash while we of course never do. 

This definitely will be his biggest test....  he has a massively depleted roster,   an awful defense that won't be fixed in one season and he's going to have to deal with the local media who will be on him from day one.  

I think the odds are in favour of him sinking... 

Wow I'm shocked that this happened and a bit disappointed that they made a huge splash while we of course never do. 

This definitely will be his biggest test....  he has a massively depleted roster,   an awful defense that won't be fixed in one season and he's going to have to deal with the local media who will be on him from day one.  

And with a few losses under their belts, the honeymoon will be over. Then a couple more losses, Jones blows his cool with the media and the pitch forks come out. Until that time , we will have to endure the hillbillies planning parade routes.

At this point, I think this is getting blown out of proportion by the media. I don't think this realistically has the legs they are trying to give it. I would think the likelihood of Jones going to the Riders is slim. It would be insane for the Esks to let him go....and they don't have too.

Do the Esks hate the Riders as much as we do?

Yes, yes they do. Doesn't everyone hate the Riders?

Thanks for the clarification. I just wasn't sure if it was a prairie rivalry or extended further.

It's mainly Winnipeg, Calgary, and Edmonton, but most of the league isn't fond of the Riders.

Fact: It's because they suck so much.

Sadly true this year.

Hey Duressler, do you see a bunch of dickhead sk fans also? Or are they only visible to fans from outside sk?

He can bring in International players but to rebuild the Riders Canadian starters & depth will take time. I wonder if he really knows what he's getting into? 

There's got to have been some acrimony between him and Hervey in Edmonton. Grey Cup winning coach throws his name into the hat for the Rider job the day after.

It just doesn't smell right.

He more than doubles his salary. Grey Cup or no, I'm taking the raise.