Chris Jones to Saskatchewan Roughriders confirmed

blueandgoldguy

On Hustler and Lawless they briefly discussed this with Steve Simmons and the consensus was that Jones' refusal to directly answer questions regarding a potential move to Saskatchewan this off-season to take the position of GM/head coach means he is as good as gone in Edmonton for 2016.

I wonder what the Riders are willing to pay?  $500,000? $600,000?  Maybe even $750,000?

Thoughts? 

heard someone being interviewed, (radio, 1290 I think) saying Chris Jones probably makes 310 thousand dollars as head coach, and would make substantially more for both jobs.

question he was asked was "why would Jones move?"

answer was 1. control 2. money.

Obviously he will go there if he doubles his salary.

300 thousand is a lot, but 500 thousand is a lot more.

and, if he does the same thing again with sask, as he's done with Edmonton, who knows, the NFL might come calling.

based on what I've been hearing for the last few days, his ferocious defence in Edmonton is no fluke.

1290 sure has left 680 in the dust as far as sports coverage goes, at least for me.

Edmonton doesn't even have to allow him to talk to the Riders, and why would they?

He could have a clause in his contract that states if he gets a higher position,  i.e. GM, he can break the existing contract and accept the GM position. It wouldn't surprise me if he does have this clause.

Edmonton doesn't even have to allow him to talk to the Riders, and why would they?

The classless clown was under contract when he left for Edmonton, and didn't seem to provide any notice to the Stamps. Clearly CFL contracts dont mean much. Stamps probably got a little cheddar from the Eskimos. 

The classless clown was under contract when he left for Edmonton, and didn't seem to provide any notice to the Stamps. Clearly CFL contracts dont mean much. Stamps probably got a little cheddar from the Eskimos. 

Or perhaps the Argos ;)

dmonton doesn't even have to allow him to talk to the Riders, and why would they?

Jones left Calgary for Toronto not Edmonton, because Milanovich and Jones made a pact when they were in Montreal, whichever one was hired first as a Head Coach, he would hire the other.

Or you know it meant nothing and he just wanted to celebrate winning the grey cup. Pretty classless question to ask him 2 minutes after winning

Was gaining some respect for Lawless but... pretty much lost it with asking Jones that question. Steve Simmons is also a huge joke

Exactly that was total bullshit. No wonder Jones hates the media. 

heard someone being interviewed, (radio, 1290 I think) saying Chris Jones probably makes 310 thousand dollars as head coach, and would make substantially more for both jobs.

question he was asked was "why would Jones move?"

answer was 1. control 2. money.

Obviously he will go there if he doubles his salary.

300 thousand is a lot, but 500 thousand is a lot more.

and, if he does the same thing again with sask, as he's done with Edmonton, who knows, the NFL might come calling.

based on what I've been hearing for the last few days, his ferocious defence in Edmonton is no fluke.

1290 sure has left 680 in the dust as far as sports coverage goes, at least for me.

Well, TSN is sports all day everyday. CJOB is news, sports & discussion so not surprised you feel that way.