Chris Jones to Saskatchewan Roughriders confirmed

blueandgoldguy

I could see the locals in Sask turning on Jones quick if things don't go well. His attitude is basically a big **** you to all things media or reaching out and I can't see that playing well in that market. 

He better win because he isn't the nicest guy around. I bet he'll do all kinds of things like not talk to local media, close practices & alienate fans. That's all okay but as Mike Kelly found out here that'llonly works if he wins. 

I could see the locals in Sask turning on Jones quick if things don't go well. His attitude is basically a big **** you to all things media or reaching out and I can't see that playing well in that market. 

He better win because he isn't the nicest guy around. I bet he'll do all kinds of things like not talk to local media, close practices & alienate fans. That's all okay but as Mike Kelly found out here that'llonly works if he wins. 

yeah Jones has that same mentality as Don Matthews. Guy is the biggest ******* going but if you win no one cares. Lose though and the knives come out quick. 

Jason Mass

I need a source to confirm this, but I've heard rumours flying around that Edmonton is requesting permission to speak with Maas.

The pieces seem to be falling into place.

Been discussed ad nauseum.....he's the next head coach, when/if Jones leaves for the Dirty Regina...

Jason Mass

I need a source to confirm this, but I've heard rumours flying around that Edmonton is requesting permission to speak with Maas.

Been discussed ad nauseum.....he's the next head coach, when/if Jones leaves for the Dirty Regina...

Not sure Maas is ready for a HC position yet, he was part of a strong RB coaching staff which can distort one person's contribution.  Remains to be seen if he can handle the top job or not.

Jason Mass

Not sure Maas is ready for a HC position yet, he was part of a strong RB coaching staff which can distort one person's contribution.  Remains to be seen if he can handle the top job or not.

Obviously agreed and pray to God it happens......

I'm sure Walter never thought of that. Lmao.

When Walters DID ask MOS who we saw as his potential staff the answers he got were OC- Jason Maas and DC Rich Stubler. As we know, those were the guys that MOS wanted. Bellefeuille got pushed on him by Walters/Miller and Stubler rejected us after it looked like we were going to get him.

The rest of the staff is irrelevant as the coordinators have heavy input into that.

Because whether you like it or not, we have a GM. 

Why ask some of these questions when you know the answers to them? 

Yep, same reason as why doesn't Edmonton can't keep him.  Money isn't an issue for them, already having someone in the GM role is though.

I'm begrudgingly willing to give Walters one more year because I believe a GM and scouting unit needs that to fully implement their plan. However, I will say that I am disappointed in the progress we have seen so far. He better knock it outta the park this offseason. No more farting around. FIX IT.

The scouting needs to step up. Walters himself has done a good job. It's the scouts that really haven't. Active in free agency? Check. Signing guys to extensions? Check. Trades to help the team? Check.

The scouting tho has really only produced bass and j adams. Not good enough

Spencer Davis looked good last game of the season but he wasn't being used as a receiver. Jury out on him but looks to have potential but still 3 maybe 4 guys if you include Justin Cole... not good enough.

The scouting needs to step up. Walters himself has done a good job. It's the scouts that really haven't. Active in free agency? Check. Signing guys to extensions? Check. Trades to help the team? Check.

Spencer Davis looked good last game of the season but he wasn't being used as a receiver. Jury out on him but looks to have potential but still 3 maybe 4 guys if you include Justin Cole... not good enough.

I'm not a fan of the scouting either, but let's be honest - they also got Cotton, Marshall, Daniels, Bruce Johnson.

I'm not a fan of the scouting either, but let's be honest - they also got Cotton, Marshall, Daniels, Bruce Johnson.

I take it despite the poor results they're standing pat with the current scouting staff? 

Yeah. Thought I missed some. Wasn't sure if a couple were mack guys. How about Leggett?