Chris Jones to Saskatchewan Roughriders confirmed

blueandgoldguy

Rider fans, continuing to miss the point. Your franchise suffers envy of the esks and wants to be like them. All those cups they won and the fans screamed bloody murder about it because they had money to throw around. Now the Riders have money to throw around and don't give a **** about pissing people off to do it, ie. becoming the Esks, and the fans are all "so? It's no big deal, they hate us cause they ain't us" 

Just the biggest ******* hypocrites going and it's the reason no one likes your sad sack team and has nothing but contempt for the fan base.

What a ridiculous and childish post.  

You might be wise to remember that there is a very real possibility that the Bombers will be looking for a GM in the not so distant future and that Murphy will probably be at the top of that list.  When that time comes, I can GUARANTEE that you will be here saying "the Bombers better get this done" as opposed to "Yeah, he's good.  But I'd rather go with someone cheaper. We called out the Riders and their fans for spending money to get the best candidates last year.  I really don't want to look like a hypocrite". 

no you missed the point. The point is let's all laugh at the hypocritical rider fans. Some of us remember the past and rider fans are acting like the people they once upon a time swore were the evil empire.

If we are the new evil empire, I want a better name. How about " Team Alpha Super Awesome Cool Dynamite Wolf Squadron".  Oh and we also get to win the next 5 consecutive grey cups. 

You guys would hate baseball. Everyone outbids everyone for coaches and players, having no salary cap in place. This fiasco is nothing compared to what happens in the MLB.

You are right. I hate baseball. Do three quarters of those teams have any realistic chance to ever win the World Series? 

It remains to be seen if the Riders are the new Evil Empire. I doubt it but time will tell.

Ya know Chris Jones is supposed to be a prickly **** to work with,yet he can get his whole staff to follow him? Must be doing something right. Don't understand the Jones hate. All he does is win.

Hate for Jones? Nah…well, maybe. See the *line

See what Graham Hicks - Edmonton Sun, has to say about Jones:

*This is a guy who, until recently, wouldn’t shake hands with other coaches, didn’t get his teams out for the national anthem, didn’t have the time of day for sports media.

When it comes to class, he’s way more Don Matthews than Hugh Campbell.

It was Jones’ first head-coach job after bouncing through three teams over 10 years as a defensive coordinator. Always the groomsman, never the groom, at least not until the Eskimos gave him his break, complete with a three-year contract. And Hervey gave him the players.

So, just as long-suffering Eskimo fans could realistically savour the return of a Canadian Football League dynasty based on three pillars - GM Hervey, coach Jones and quarterback Mike Reilly - what does Jones do?

He gives EVERYBODY – his players, his staff, the Eskimo organization and, most insultingly, Eskimo fans – the middle finger!

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/12/11/hicks-on-biz-good-riddance-to-the-traitorous-chris-jones

He may be a top Coach in the CFL, but he doesn't exude class, and if the mood, or other offers come along, he'll bolt the Riders too, because he has absolutely no loyalty.

You guys would hate baseball. Everyone outbids everyone for coaches and players, having no salary cap in place. This fiasco is nothing compared to what happens in the MLB.

You are right. I hate baseball. Do three quarters of those teams have any realistic chance to ever win the World Series? 

It remains to be seen if the Riders are the new Evil Empire. I doubt it but time will tell.

We will never be the evil empire, because evil is not in us. Full credit to Rhodes and Hervey for not standing in the way of Jones. Very classy way to handle the situation. Same can't be said for the media and some of the fans, but upper Eskimo management has handled it the way its been handled many times in this league, with class.

We will never be the evil empire, because evil is not in us. Full credit to Rhodes and Hervey for not standing in the way of Jones. Very classy way to handle the situation. Same can't be said for the media and some of the fans, but upper Eskimo management has handled it the way its been handled many times in this league, with class.

Why stand in the way... after Sask went after Jones, it was pretty clear that Edmonton would have to get rid of Hervey at some point to keep Jones...  Hervey probably just bought himself three or four more years as GM

Why stand in the way... after Sask went after Jones, it was pretty clear that Edmonton would have to get rid of Hervey at some point to keep Jones...  Hervey probably just bought himself three or four more years as GM

100% true.  Hervey hasn't made that many dynamic moves, albeit he has made some good ones. At some point Jones would have out shined him. Only hope now for Edmonton is that Jones screws it up, because if he doesn't it s a constant reminder of what they could have had themselves. They have a ready excuse though, any success in Regina will be credited to Murphy, so they will be comfortable in saying Jones isn't GM material.

Hervey got Reilly. Hervey got Jones. How many of the other players he got is unknown.

Graham Hicks certainly wrote a bitter column there. One correction to that article is that Jones originally signed a two year contract that was extended one more year early in the 2015 season. Nobody want the coach being seen as a lam duck in his last year.

Baseball is boring. I don't dislike or decry the Riders just many of their fans who are full of themselves, rude, etc. Unlike many of the broadcasters I remember how not too long ago these supposed "best fans in the league" were mostly sitting at home on game day. It took some really hard work and some winning to turn that around. Honestly? I think the best fans in Canada are Leafs fans. How long have they been the model of futility and yet they always seem to have a full house? All CFL teams would kill to have fans like that.

Ya know Chris Jones is supposed to be a prickly **** to work with,yet he can get his whole staff to follow him? Must be doing something right. Don't understand the Jones hate. All he does is win.

Hate for Jones? Nah…well, maybe. See the *line

See what Graham Hicks - Edmonton Sun, has to say about Jones:

*This is a guy who, until recently, wouldn’t shake hands with other coaches, didn’t get his teams out for the national anthem, didn’t have the time of day for sports media.

When it comes to class, he’s way more Don Matthews than Hugh Campbell.

It was Jones’ first head-coach job after bouncing through three teams over 10 years as a defensive coordinator. Always the groomsman, never the groom, at least not until the Eskimos gave him his break, complete with a three-year contract. And Hervey gave him the players.

So, just as long-suffering Eskimo fans could realistically savour the return of a Canadian Football League dynasty based on three pillars - GM Hervey, coach Jones and quarterback Mike Reilly - what does Jones do?

He gives EVERYBODY – his players, his staff, the Eskimo organization and, most insultingly, Eskimo fans – the middle finger!

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/12/11/hicks-on-biz-good-riddance-to-the-traitorous-chris-jones

He may be a top Coach in the CFL, but he doesn't exude class, and if the mood, or other offers come along, he'll bolt the Riders too, because he has absolutely no loyalty.

So what's being said then, is, he's an even better fit in Regina than he was in Edmonton. Interesting. LOL!

Personally I don't care if they're nice, classy guys or not, as long as they win championships. You're not always going to have Mike Riley.

I'd rather see him win a the game

Two in a row would be like ecstasy.  Not the emotion, the drug.

Yeah but c'mon now, imagine a scenario where Jones and the Riders run up the score on an over-matched Bomber team and when the two coaches go to shake hands, BAM, O'Shea hooks him!  :lol:

So you are saying that Sask severely lacking in talent runs up the score against Wpg and MOS then ***** slaps Jones before being fired for losing to lowly Sask? Yikes

Well if he was about to be fired anyway ... why not? It'd be a great way to go out and finally show some emotion.

sigh ... nevermind.

Saskatchewan won't be running up the score against anyone unless Jones/Murphy makes some wholesale changes to their offence. Durant is a gimp with a mush arm that hasn't played in 2 years, their receiving corps and running game doesn't even belong in the same conversation as what the Shmoes gave to McAdoo, and their OL is old and tired.

I won't even get into the fact that Jones is a D-guy that will build from that side of the ball. In time, and not right away, the Riders will be a team that is tough to score against but will be average offensively. In the immediate future, I see them being a team that will flash potential but will be on a learning curve and going through growing pains until they become cohesive.

I don't agree with what has happened with Jones etc moving to Sask but I give him some credit with blowing up the team. It sends a huge message to the remiaining players and those who will replace them. I will wait to see how this turns out but I'm guessing that whomever is palying for them will be playing with alot of urgency and determination.

Saskatchewan won't be running up the score against anyone unless Jones/Murphy makes some wholesale changes to their offence. Durant is a gimp with a mush arm that hasn't played in 2 years, their receiving corps and running game doesn't even belong in the same conversation as what the Shmoes gave to McAdoo, and their OL is old and tired.

I won't even get into the fact that Jones is a D-guy that will build from that side of the ball. In time, and not right away, the Riders will be a team that is tough to score against but will be average offensively. In the immediate future, I see them being a team that will flash potential but will be on a learning curve and going through growing pains until they become cohesive.

Durant can't accomplish much unless he's a threat to run, and with his injury history I doubt they can rely on him to run very often.   Take away the run and he's mediocre in the passing game.  Sask. has basically disposed of all of their RB's without finding replacements so that's going to be an issue next year as well.