CFL to unveil rebranding today

Mike

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/industry-news/marketing/cfl-rebranding-to-show-new-fans-what-were-made-of/article27500542/?cmpid=rss1&click=sf_globe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ-TODedlzs&feature=youtu.be

I like it.

If the minimalist, simple approach to the new CFL logo is the same approach they take when rebranding the uniforms, I think we're in for a pretty good rebranding.

As a member of the 55+ group who are the biggest number of CFL watchers...

New Logo - No better than the old one. Worse actually. Just grey and black inside a clipped football with a little bit of red. It doesn't pop.

New Tagline - I couldn't have told you what the old tagline was. I'll forget the new one soon after finishing this post.

New Video -  I'd rather have more actual great football plays with a 'Video Game' look than footballs in flames and throwing a ball through glass. I didn't like the music either but I know it's not aimed at me.

I doubt it brings in any more young fans that the league needs, but if it does, then I'm all for it.

If the minimalist, simple approach to the new CFL logo is the same approach they take when rebranding the uniforms, I think we're in for a pretty good rebranding.

I agree completely... if I had my way the Bomber jerseys would be a flat colour, with the W and #s on the shoulder and flat colour (opposite of jersey) pants... I could live with a plain stripe on the shoulder as well...

I like the new logo and really enjoyed seeing a CFL commercial with legit production value.

People didn't see many references to the Bombers? Take a second look. If you miss all the W's, royal blues, and panoramas of IGF then maybe you should ask Santa for Lasik  :D I don't see any one team getting more (or less) attention than any other.

As a member of the 55+ group who are the biggest number of CFL watchers...

New Logo - No better than the old one. Worse actually. Just grey and black inside a clipped football with a little bit of red. It doesn't pop.

New Tagline - I couldn't have told you what the old tagline was. I'll forget the new one soon after finishing this post.

New Video - I'd rather have more actual great football plays with a 'Video Game' look than footballs in flames and throwing a ball through glass. I didn't like the music either but I know it's not aimed at me.

I doubt it brings in any more young fans that the league needs, but if it does, then I'm all for it.

Although you are part of the largest group of CFL fans, I imagine the CFL desperately wants to change that and thus does not care whether these changes appeal to you. No offense. You crusty old coot.

Reminds me of when the Jets came out with their new jersey. Lots hated it but over the years have grown to love it.

Pretty simple logo here. Yeah the maple leaf is pretty small but... it's still there. It's a modern design yet still looks kind of old school. Better than the previous ones IMO

I have no proof, but it looks like Marcel B. had a hand in the new design.

LOL!

So you think it lacks somewhat in imagination?

It is fairly  Spartan, maybe appropriate for us hardy northerners.

and "economical" so us cheap winnipegers should all be in favour!

Through the years….

CFL-Logo-History-590x448.jpg

I have no proof, but it looks like Marcel B. had a hand in the new design.

The new logo reminds me of something that might have been shown on an old balck and white TV.  Such exciting drama would have been broadcast 12 hours a day non-stop but that didn't stop us from gathering around the TV to stare at it.