Bellefeuille OUT.....

trueBlue83

I feel like someone much smarter than I could prove it with numbers but Lapo always seemed like the type of OC that was made better because of his players. His Rider team that went to the GC was stacked on offence and Milt and Khari essentially made his career.

And yes, his incompetence as HC sours me on him as well but there's also a reason he has been out of the league for three years. He's a name. Just like Khari would be. The signing the bombers would make in years past. I hope we're through with that way of thinking.

I had heard from a little birdy that Buck Pierce was calling the last half of each of the last few games and possibly had called all of the last game against Toronto.  Just speculation but he could be our next OC...... 

This is coming from someone who works with the Bombers so take it as you will.

Booo! I like Buck Pierce but I dont think he's ready to be an OC. He need to learn more from a good OC... not from MarcelB only.

I had heard from a little birdy that Buck Pierce was calling the last half of each of the last few games and possibly had called all of the last game against Toronto.  Just speculation but he could be our next OC...... 

This is coming from someone who works with the Bombers so take it as you will.

Booo! I like Buck Pierce but I dont think he's ready to be an OC. He need to learn more from a good OC... not from MarcelB only.

I agree! But if you noticed the second half of the Edmonton game the calls were way different and more aggressive.  And the Toronto game had a lot better play calling and Denmark actually had the ball thrown to him more then once in the game.  I'm fairly certain Buck was calling the plays and I do think he needs more time to learn but he was definitely better then MB.  Although I have 6 years old McDonalds French fries under my car seat that might be better than MB....

I'd be pretty stoked to have Lapo here as OC assistant HC. He had a terrible, terrible Bomber team competing in the games when he was here.... After Mack fired him the team literally fell apart and played like Garbage under Burke the next year and a half.

And when Lapo was OC in Sask he did a pretty darn good job. Had a lot of respect around the league.

Not sure why anyone would want Khari Jones.

Would rathe have Lapo than Khari AINEC.

Khari Jones, other than being a name brand in Winnipeg, is not a reasonable candidate. I mean ... how bad is it going to look if we can Bellefeuille and replace him with a guy he showed the ropes to? Khari was first hired into the CFL coaching ranks by Bellefeuille. His offense is run like Bellefeuilles. Pass.

Khari Jones, other than being a name brand in Winnipeg, is not a reasonable candidate. I mean ... how bad is it going to look if we can Bellefeuille and replace him with a guy he showed the ropes to? Khari was first hired into the CFL coaching ranks by Bellefeuille. His offense is run like Bellefeuilles. Pass.

I agree... he's also been given a couple opportunities and has shown he doesn't have what it takes.

I hope the new OC isn't Buck because his very limited experience is under MB and we all know how horrible that offense has been.

I don't expect that PLAP would take an OC job over his cushy gig at TSN. I suspect he's only leave for another HC shot. Wouldn't want him anyway as his offenses were vanilla and take what they give you instead of going after the defence and making them adjust to what we're doing.

I don't think Khari's a good choice either. 1 year as an OC in 2011 under MB in Hamilton. He's been a QB or receivers coach since then. Hardly a guy that looks like he's ready to take the next step to OC.

Oh please, Khari and Kerwin Bell were basically the OCs in 2000, it's dishonest to suggest that Khari is just a mini Bellefool. He's also worked under some other damned good offensive coordinators in his time in the CFL and been coached as a player by Lapo as well. It's been a long time since he was OC with Bellefool as his head coach. I'd give him a chance. 

Please no Lapo. Brady would be a boon, as would be Jackson. Lapo is such a bombers hire. We've seen what he can do.

Totally agree with this.

Remember why we fired him in the first place.

His O produced inspite of having a glass-QB Pierce and a bunch of wannabes - Elliott, Brink, Goltz, Champion & Wilczynski.

Did anyone even remotely think of Marcus Brady as an option before Mike mentioned it? Now that's the de facto #1 choice? Hmmm. Dunno about that one. But I'm curious to see what all is out there. Could be some wheelin' and dealin' during GC Week.