Bellefeuille OUT.....

trueBlue83

I think you will see a different Lapolice offense when he gets back. He has been out of the coaching world for 3 years now. I am sure he just did not sit around and do nothing. If anything he has studied every offense in the league and has made changes to his philosophy and offensive attack. Need to watch the **** Vermille A Football Life he spent his time when he was off from football and in TV to study what every head coach around the league was doing and ask questions when he was there to observe before games. I would not be that upset if its him.

Remember when we heard the same story about MB being away from the CFL and learning new stuff from the NFL....
This was totally my first thought as well...

Can anyone else verify Tracker's assertion that Lawless stated categorically that Lapolice will be OC. I listened to H&L and couldn't find it. Not saying it's not true but I would like to know what he said with a little more detail than what was given. Exact wording or a link would be nice. Not calling you a liar Tracker but I can find no proof of this anywhere.

The one cringe worthy thing during his tenure here that I recall (all the rest seems to be repressed), is the mirror speech... that made me throw up in my mouth a bit when I heard about that.

Still makes me gag when I think about it...

He's a terrible motivator. He does corporate speaking functions and his tips for motivating players/employees are a complete joke. If he's trying to motivate a junior high team, maybe, but for adults with a functioning brain, he shouldn't even try.

Mixing boxing clips with football highlights? Really?

Can anyone else verify Tracker's assertion that Lawless stated categorically that Lapolice will be OC. I listened to H&L and couldn't find it. Not saying it's not true but I would like to know what he said with a little more detail than what was given. Exact wording or a link would be nice. Not calling you a liar Tracker but I can find no proof of this anywhere.

I wish I could tell you chapter and verse about Lawless' statement, but I can't  even say definitively if it was on the radio show or during a TSN panel discussion. I tend to  think it was on TV.

I think you will see a different Lapolice offense when he gets back. He has been out of the coaching world for 3 years now. I am sure he just did not sit around and do nothing. If anything he has studied every offense in the league and has made changes to his philosophy and offensive attack. Need to watch the **** Vermille Vermeil A Football Life he spent his time when he was off from football and in TV to study what every head coach around the league was doing and ask questions when he was there to observe before games. I would not be that upset if its him.

I read this about 4 times trying to figure out what swear you used...

Richard  :o  :o  :o :o  

Sucks for us. We always miss the boat.

Not really we had the guy and dumped him.

Also Lapolice is the easy / lazy hire that will appease the fans.

I just don't see why the guy would want to work with this club..its uninspired.

We had Murphy & dumped him before he was ready to be a true GM. That was years ago. He went back to Calgary, did most of the work for Hufnagel & learned the business top to bottom. The guy has contacts everywhere & he works damned hard. He  knows as much about the CIS as he does what free agents are available in the US. Just because he was a young guy in 2009 doesn't mean he wouldn't be qualified now. He would be a significant upgrade from Walters but with Miller & his predecessors it's never about doing what's the best for the team, it's about what's doing best for them. Now the pipeline will be coming to Saskatchewan & not us.

Keeping Walters under the guise of learning on the job and not continuing our pattern of quick firings, while the Riders hire Murphy coupled with the news that Lapo may be the new OC (after an extensive 2 week search) just makes it seem like its same old, same old at IGF. Miller just seems to be looking out for his buddies.

I love how some posters are already awarding John Murphy the GM of the year.    I hope he succeeds but it wouldn't be the first time a guy falls flat on his face once he becomes the man.  

Ted Goviea would be a perfect example of someone who's flaws were exposed once he left the Argos and more specifically Jim Barker.

I love how some posters are already awarding John Murphy the GM of the year.    I hope he succeeds but it wouldn't be the first time a guy falls flat on his face once he becomes the man.  

Ted Goviea would be a perfect example of someone who's flaws were exposed once he left the Argos and more specifically Jim Barker.

I wouldn't say he's GM of the year... but his one year with us he found quite a few solid guys from down south who immediately could play the CFL game.   

Now we can't even find a healthy decent receiver ... it seems like any guy we find with talent is injury plague or he's just filler

I wouldn't say he's GM of the year... but his one year with us he found quite a few solid guys from down south who immediately could play the CFL game.   

Now we can't even find a healthy decent receiver ... it seems like any guy we find with talent is injury plague or he's just filler

Couple things: 1) We don't know what he did or what Mack did.... 2) Just because you can scout talent, doesn't make you a great GM...

Couple things: 1) We don't know what he did or what Mack did.... 2) Just because you can scout talent, doesn't make you a great GM...

Wasn't John Murphy here with Mike Kelly?  I thought Mack fired John Murphy shortly after taking over.

Murphy isn't without his wrinkles either. He has a reputation of being very difficult to work with/for that has rubbed people the wrong way. He has interviewed for several GM openings in the past few years and in just about all of them the scuttlebutt was that he was perceived to be to big a gamble for this reason.

Further to this, knowing how to recruit players and how to build a team are two entirely different skill sets. Mack is proof of that. In fact, the laundry list of top notch bird dogs failing or being mediocre as GMs is long and illustrious. The names Roy Shivers and Eric Tillman immediately spring to mind. Other names like Marcel Desjardins and Brendan Taman had years of failure once being promoted to GM before they learned their craft.

John Murphy is a gamble no matter how you cut it. He could be a great one or he could end up a dud. I am surprised that TBurg is pumping his tires since his main objection to our current regime is their inexperience.

Murphy isn't without his wrinkles either. He has a reputation of being very difficult to work with/for that has rubbed people the wrong way. He has interviewed for several GM openings in the past few years and in just about all of them the scuttlebutt was that he was perceived to be to big a gamble for this reason.

Further to this, knowing how to recruit players and how to build a team are two entirely different skill sets. Mack is proof of that. In fact, the laundry list of top notch bird dogs failing or being mediocre as GMs is long and illustrious. The names Roy Shivers and Eric Tillman immediately spring to mind.

Hasn't he won multiple Grey Cups as a GM?

I know he won one with the Riders in '07, but that's the only one I'm aware of. At any rate, he has been run out of two different towns and had his third team fold on his watch. Made some of the most roundly criticized trades of all time, and is now relegated back to bird dog again. Might have taken longer for him to pronounce his failure, but ultimately he failed as a GM.

I say this because he no longer is a GM and is back to bird dogging after short stints in each and every stop he made.

Y'know, as soon as I posted it, I kinda went "Wait...." ..but my point is more or less the same. We don't really know who's responsible for what...and being able to scout doesn't make you a great GM.

Well during the Kelly year he made it clear that Murphy had the database and had the list of guys to go after.

Hence the napkin joke about Taman.