Bellefeuille OUT.....

trueBlue83

Unless LAPO has learned to be a bit more aggressive as a play caller the last couple seasons, Not sure I'd have much interest there... maybe tho, i guess it would depend on what he's learned being away from the game, The tie to Drew Willy in SASK i think is interesting and something that shouldn't be over looked. I'd pass on Berry, he's just past his prime.. Right now i'd be leaning more towards a young guy with potential, a Marcus Brady, Jarious Jackson, hell even Khari Jones type...Maas is interesting but at the same time, i'm not sure if he's just not the product of a QB having his best year in ages and a receiving core that was basically bought... 

I don't really see that chap being responsible for those two QB injuries though, but I have noticed he has a propensity to go away from "running the ball", and that could be a concern.

Just thought I'd mention it as it has been raised as one of the reasons Bellefeuille was let go. Certainly what happened to darian Durant was a total fluke. Not Chap's fault. 

I think in the big picture, Drew Willy getting hurt had very little to do with MB being let go, it might be one of the reasons, but if there are 10 reasons he was let go, Drew Willy being hurt is probably reason number 10.  I think you need to look at the O as a whole, not just as one player... not just with Drew Willy cuz the O was pretty much at the bottom of the league last year and Willy played most of the games... the production was lacking, in game adjustments were non existent or happened to late to make a difference, conservative play calling, getting away from the run game when at times it was actually working... the sacks, not just on Willy but on all our QB's.. 

Really don't think Willy getting hurt was one of the top reasons MB was let go, like i said, if there are 10 reasons, i'd suspect it's reason 10. There were a lot of issues with O this year, Willy getting hurt just made it worse than it was and it was pretty bad, even with a healthy Drew WIlly. 

Let's not pretend that our O was lighting up the league last year with MB in charge either, we were pretty much bottom of the league in terms of pretty much everything. 

Would Doug Berry and LaPolice want to return to the scene of the crime? Berry has the skill but LaPolice's play-it-safe-so-we-don't-get-embarrassed offense never impressed me. Jason Maas is a promising comer but still a little shy on experience, and Danny Barrett also has the skill but when he was head coach in Regina he had some liabilities. He played favourites and was condescending to media and fans. I wouldn't bet against Chapdelaine or Maas in the final choice.

fine I'll be the one to say it... **** Jason Maas. I don't care what he did in Ottawa something about that guy just bugs me. 

Dat would be the record completion percentage in 2005, Bob!

That and his stupid ******* facial hair choices and his giant dumbo ears... he just looks like someone you'd want to punch right in the face. 

fine I'll be the one to say it... **** Jason Maas. I don't care what he did in Ottawa something about that guy just bugs me. 

That and his stupid ******* facial hair choices and his giant dumbo ears... he just looks like someone you'd want to punch right in the face. 

I don't care if he looks like the hunchback of Notre Dame.  If he can get our offence firing on all cylinders.  He's my guy!

It's not like you have to date him. 

Or celebrate Christmaas with him.

Don't you find this statement ironic Noeller??

I don't care if he looks like the hunchback of Notre Dame.  If he can get our offence firing on all cylinders.  He's my guy!

If we reject an OC with a winning track record purely because of his dumbo ears then we deserve to be 25 years without a Cup.

Barrett is an interesting name to me, if only because he and Willy have done some good things together in Buffalo.....curious if he'd leave the NCAA, tho....

His future with UCF is uncertain after this year. George O'Leary, the head coach, retired at the end of October. Barrett, who was the QB coach, was promoted to interim HC. The Knights have had a horrible season and are winless (0-10). Chances are he will be looking for a new job at the end of this season. The 0-10 record for UCF is bad, but I do not think it is direct reflection of Barrett as a coach.

My two choices are Barrett (experience) and Maas, who I think has a good grasp of the CFL game.

Yeah but you know what they say about guys with big ears right?  Ring a ding ding.

maas I always wanted as a QB but I would settle for OC. He seems very smart and has always been surrounded by excellent QBS and staffs. Id go for Maas then maybe Barrett.. i only worry about Barrett is his time away from the CFL. could be another MB situation where his game plan and schemes might not work well in the new CFL.

I said Barrett first !

Majel Barrett!

I said Barrett in another thread a couple of weeks ago and was shot down, but now that the media is talking about him it seems like an option.

We thought you meant Rona Barrett.

No! No! I meant Danny Barrett! That's okay though.

She'd probably still be better than Marcel...