Penton: Wade Miller already recruiting assistant coaches for next year

gbill2004

I think it is highly unlikely that Miller is speaking to anyone currently under contract. He might be talking to people that are currently unemployed or may have requested permission to speak to Dyce or Chapdelaine, since their futures are in the air. But I HIGHLY doubt that he is talking to anyone that is currently under contract without permission, and I even more HIGHLY doubt that permission would be granted.

I don't for one minute think that he is doing whatever he is doing behind O'Shea's back either. I strongly believe that MOS has given him a list of names he would be interested in interviewing for OC and would like Wade to let know of the interest. Obviously, MOS cannot do this during the season while he is chasing a playoff spot and he has to work with MB for the time being.

I think it is highly unlikely that Miller is speaking to anyone currently under contract. He might be talking to people that are currently unemployed or may have requested permission to speak to Dyce or Chapdelaine, since their futures are in the air. But I HIGHLY doubt that he is talking to anyone that is currently under contract without permission, and I even more HIGHLY doubt that permission would be granted.

I don't for one minute think that he is doing whatever he is doing behind O'Shea's back either. I strongly believe that MOS has given him a list of names he would be interested in interviewing for OC and would like Wade to let know of the interest. Obviously, MOS cannot do this during the season while he is chasing a playoff spot and he has to work with MB for the time being.

Read the article...it's an assistant currently under contract with a team.  The anonymous source is pissed off at Miller. 

Read the article...it's an assistant currently under contract with a team.  The anonymous source is pissed off at Miller. 

Not exactly... To me it says the source's coaches told him that Wade Miller has already talked to "a guy" about being an assistant coach for the Bombers. It does not say that guy was a member of another coaching staff, he could be... CFL circles are pretty small, it could be that the "guy" that Miller talked to knows or talks to the coaches on the source's staff. I believe there is a whole lot more to the story than just this. 

Doesn't mean I think it's completely the right thing to do, but at least it hints that MB will not be back... 

That is just plain false.I think you should re-read the article. Nowhere does it state that it's a coach that is currently under contract and nowhere does it say or even imply that anyone is pissed off at Miller.

To me it sounds like the anonymous person is more angry that Wade is looking for someone instead of MOS, and also that he's doing it during the season rather then waiting until the season is over.  Doesn't sound like he's mad that someone is being talked to.

Talking to assistant coaches doesn't mean we want them as an assistant in Winnipeg. Maybe Miller's talking to an assistant or two (Condell? Steinauer? Brady?) about wanting to make the jump to HC next year. Maybe he doesn't want Walters or O'Shea to do it because he already knows that Walters/O'Shea won't be here next year.

This is such a bizarre subject that what is there to say?

Yah. It's not like Miller was shooting his yap off and making offers to strangersand being recorded by a smart phone. What Penton said was Miller was talking to a "guy". WTFis that suppose to mean beyond he was talking to a guy? Someone else heard that Miller was at his doctors and his doctor said to grow 16 inches to catch up to his weight. Both heresay statements are likely.

Talking to assistant coaches doesn't mean we want them as an assistant in Winnipeg. Maybe Miller's talking to an assistant or two (Condell? Steinauer? Brady?) about wanting to make the jump to HC next year. Maybe he doesn't want Walters or O'Shea to do it because he already knows that Walters/O'Shea won't be here next year.

Was going to say this as well.... if we're going to speculate rumours with absolutely no weight... yeah, maybe Wade's working the phone because he's got a resignation letter from Walters on his desk dated November 9th.

It's a little more than just chatting about the weather:

My coaches told me that Wade Miller has already talked to a guy about being an assistant coach next year for the Bombers. One, it's not his job to do that. Two, how can any organization be successful when that bull(bleep) is going on during the season?

Either that or both O'Shea and Walters know and approve of Miller's initiative.  It's unlikely that he's doing it behind their backs.

Not Millers job. Shouldn't be done during the season. Unprofessional. 

What I would like to know is what's been professional about this team in the last years? 

Our way of fielding a team on the field?

Our OC finally falling out of bed at half time asking when did the game start?

If Miller were to hire a crap OC who would end up taking the heat for it? Sure not him as in this year.