Penton: Wade Miller already recruiting assistant coaches for next year

gbill2004

You hire someone to do a job. A job that is purely performance based and measured in the win loss column. It isn't about close, nice try or almost. If someone in their Devine wisdom wants to bring him back then let that someone then too be accountable if " potential" isn't realized. Others have documented here the success of HCs that are hired part way thru a season when it is time for a new direction.

Don Matthews on his taping (stealing) other teams offensive signals:

"If you're not breaking a rule, you do whatever you can to make your team better. I don't see anything wrong with advance scouting ... let's call it advance scouting. If you don't take every opportunity you can, you're cheating your team...  Personally, I think fans like winners, but the media and other coaches have a problem with winners."

Did they take away any of his Cups?  nope. Did anyone cheat harder than Matthews?  Not that I'm aware of.

I don't wanna be the only honest team or a lovable loser.  Sask can have that title.

All this crap about tampering, and we have no idea if the guy Miller was talking to is currently under contract. Miller can talk to anyone that is not employed right now, and there are some excellent assistant candidates currently out of work. For all we know he was talking to Mike Benevides, or Tom Higgins, or Paul Lapolice, etc. etc  etc.

This tampering talk is just pure unfounded speculation. Nowhere does it say he was talking to people currently under contract and unless he is the world's worst tamperer I don't for one minute believe that he was.

Benevides & Higgins... you would still need to ask permission to BC & MTL.  Of course they'd say yes, but they still have contracts so it's part of the process.

I like the idea of bringing back LaPo.  I'm sure he'd be open to it too, knowing O'Shea will have a short leash, and no one from the Mack era that rushed him out there door is left!

No, you do not need permission from b.c. or montreal to talk to higgins or benevides. IF...you hire them then the stipulations as to a payout - if that has not happened already, comes into effect. But they are fired...anyone can call them with inquires...

Benevides - no. Higgins - yes. Higgins is still under contract to Montreal so they would have to give their permission to talk to him (unless his contract has already been bought out by the Als).

Both Higgins and Benevides have accepted buyouts for the remainder of their contracts.

Interesting how that works teams will either offer you a buyout at a greatly reduced percentage of the contract or coaches take a salary continuance. The team then hopes you take another job so they can stop paying you. Coaches then often become "unpaid consultants" so as to not lose their salary continuance.

All this crap about tampering, and we have no idea if the guy Miller was talking to is currently under contract. Miller can talk to anyone that is not employed right now, and there are some excellent assistant candidates currently out of work. For all we know he was talking to Mike Benevides, or Tom Higgins, or Paul Lapolice, etc. etc  etc.

This tampering talk is just pure unfounded speculation. Nowhere does it say he was talking to people currently under contract and unless he is the world's worst tamperer I don't for one minute believe that he was.

Benevides & Higgins... you would still need to ask permission to BC & MTL.  Of course they'd say yes, but they still have contracts so it's part of the process.

I like the idea of bringing back LaPo.  I'm sure he'd be open to it too, knowing O'Shea will have a short leash, and no one from the Mack era that rushed him out there door is left!

No, you do not need permission from b.c. or montreal to talk to higgins or benevides. IF...you hire them then the stipulations as to a payout - if that has not happened already, comes into effect. But they are fired...anyone can call them with inquires...

Benevides - no. Higgins - yes. Higgins is still under contract to Montreal so they would have to give their permission to talk to him (unless his contract has already been bought out by the Als).

Both Higgins and Benevides have accepted buyouts for the remainder of their contracts.

Benevides was fired before his extension kicked in so he wouldn't have had to be bought out.

Benevides was fired before his extension kicked in so he wouldn't have had to be bought out.

They still paid him an undisclosed sum even though his extension had not kicked in. Good will I guess.

Does MOS really want Miller's good buddy Khari as his OC? Then what? If you go 1-5 to start 2016 MOS gets fired and Khari is the HC?

If a head coach is so bad at choosing subordinate coaches that the boss of his boss has to pick them, then there is no way he ought to be head coach.

The more likely scenario is that MOS wanted K.Jones and knew that Miller had an in with him. That would be too easy and likely a scenario for this forum though....

Does MOS really want Miller's good buddy Khari as his OC? Then what? If you go 1-5 to start 2016 MOS gets fired and Khari is the HC?

If a head coach is so bad at choosing subordinate coaches that the boss of his boss has to pick them, then there is no way he ought to be head coach.

The more likely scenario is that MOS wanted K.Jones and knew that Miller had an in with him. That would be too easy and likely a scenario for this forum though....

So, after the season MOS couldn't have contacted KJ himself but  needed Miller's help because Wade knew Jones? If that's the case, we're in even more trouble than I thought.  Just call the dude & say he's interested in talking to KJ about joining his staff. Like what's so hard about that?