Nick Moore Out 1 -2 Weeks

Rich

We just have to start looking at production with our players and quit making excuses for them. I have never been impressed with Moore and 1 TD in a season and a half is just unacceptable when you consider what we are paying him. He's been a gigantic flop.

This is just such a dumb way to look at it. You don't just start cutting players out of spite. Injuries or not he's our best receiver and cutting him makes the team worse. The scouting staff has been incapable of bringing in a good receiver so far and who knows what's available in free agency. Can't cut Moore until we have a star receiver to replace him.

With all due respect, if you're paying a player more than he's worth, that's dumb. If we're going to improve as a team we have to be smarter than this. Moore has not produced for us going on two seasons now (1 TD) and had just one good year with BC before that. That's on Walters and I don't care if it's because of injury, trying too hard, or because he forgot to sacrifice a chicken in his basement. Too much money for a non-productive player.

We just have to start looking at production with our players and quit making excuses for them. I have never been impressed with Moore and 1 TD in a season and a half is just unacceptable when you consider what we are paying him. He's been a gigantic flop.

This is just such a dumb way to look at it. You don't just start cutting players out of spite. Injuries or not he's our best receiver and cutting him makes the team worse. The scouting staff has been incapable of bringing in a good receiver so far and who knows what's available in free agency. Can't cut Moore until we have a star receiver to replace him.

With all due respect, if you're paying a player more than he's worth, that's dumb. If we're going to improve as a team we have to be smarter than this. Moore has not produced for us going on two seasons now (1 TD) and had just one good year with BC before that. That's on Walters and I don't care if it's because of injury, trying too hard, or because he forgot to sacrifice a chicken in his basement. Too much money for a non-productive player.

Yea, I really don't understand why Walters, before he signs someone for big money, doesn't take a moment and look into the future to see if that player is going to have a good season or two or not.  It's almost like he's hiring people on past performance that then just hoping that they'll continue to perform.  That really doesn't sound too professional to me.  Come on Walters, you should be better than that.

Bullshit. When he's been healthy Moore has been producing catches and yards. Yeah his numbers are lower this year, but maybe the complete lack of passing attack in several of the games has an impact on that? When the passing game is working though Moore is catching a ton of balls. Let's drop this "he's not producing" garbage. He's the most consistent player on our offense AINEC

Our record when Drew Willy and Nick Moore both start/finish a game is 8-1, I think.

I don't think it is a coincidence that Moore got passes from  Nichols (approximate). The other fill in QB's weren't getting the ball down field at all. Denmark has been almost invisible not because he can't make a big play (just think of all the big plays he's made) but because he can't catch a ball thrown 20 yards behind him. 

The suggestion by a previous poster was that making catches over the middle is causing Moores injuries. I'd like to see Denmark take over those routes and Moore as the deep guy, regardless of where they lineup.

Yes, what we need to do is make our offense more predictable.
How does that make it more or less predictable? I'm just suggesting Moore and Denmark switch spots.

The suggestion by a previous poster was that making catches over the middle is causing Moores injuries. I'd like to see Denmark take over those routes and Moore as the deep guy, regardless of where they lineup.

How does that make it more or less predictable? I'm just suggesting Moore and Denmark switch spots.

No you're not.  You just said you don't care where they line up, you just want Moore on deep routes and Denmark on short routes.  Which is silly and predictable because the defence knows exactly what they're doing on every play.  No team in pro football runs an offence that way.

No you're not.  You just said you don't care where they line up, you just want Moore on deep routes and Denmark on short routes.  Which is silly and predictable because the defence knows exactly what they're doing on every play.  No team in pro football runs an offence that way.

What's with the attitude and nit-picking man?  Have you ever noticed that Moore is almost always catching passes up the middle this season?  Well I'm suggesting Denmark take on that role instead.  I'm suggesting they switch roles. 

Stick Moore at WR and Denmark in the slot. That's more geared to their strengths.

Denmark's already in the slot 90% of the time. You want to move Darvin Adams out of the boundary? Or put Nick Moore at field WR where he might see 30 passes over a full season?
I don't track snaps, but it seems to me Denmark goes deep a lot more than I notice him in the slot.

I don't think we're speaking the same language. Slot refers to where they start the play at the line of scrimmage, not where the route takes them.

You're right, not talking same language.

I think just making catches causes the injuries  ;)

No you're not. You just said you don't care where they line up, you just want Moore on deep routes and Denmark on short routes. Which is silly and predictable because the defence knows exactly what they're doing on every play. No team in pro football runs an offence that way.

What's with the attitude and nit-picking man? Have you ever noticed that Moore is almost always catching passes up the middle this season? Well I'm suggesting Denmark take on that role instead. I'm suggesting they switch roles.

I get it. We've seen Denmark try to play that possession role and he's okay at it but not as good as Moore. Likewise Moore isn't as good on the deep stuff. Denmark struggles to get open for some reason, other than on really deep routes. He's also not much of a YAC guy. It may or may not help reduce Moore's injuries to switch their roles but it would also make both receivers and the offence in general less effective. IMO.

No you're not. You just said you don't care where they line up, you just want Moore on deep routes and Denmark on short routes. Which is silly and predictable because the defence knows exactly what they're doing on every play. No team in pro football runs an offence that way.

What's with the attitude and nit-picking man? Have you ever noticed that Moore is almost always catching passes up the middle this season? Well I'm suggesting Denmark take on that role instead. I'm suggesting they switch roles.
I get it. We've seen Denmark try to play that possession role and he's okay at it but not as good as Moore. Likewise Moore isn't as good on the deep stuff. Denmark struggles to get open for some reason, other than on really deep routes. He's also not much of a YAC guy. It may or may not help reduce Moore's injuries to switch their roles but it would also make both receivers and the offence in general less effective. IMO.
Exactly my thinking. This is the dilemma. Flip side is you do what I suggested, and maybe it keeps Moore healthy. Maybe not though...

There was great rejoicing in this forum when Moore was signed, and it looked like a solid upgrade. No batter in baseball hits 1000, no pro golfer hits eagles every hole, and no GM's choices pan out every time. Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances, so kwitcherbitchin.

Bowman had good games and bad ones. Looking back he had way too many drops when he was here. He still has the dropsies in Edmonton too.. just not as much. Letting bowman go was a good move at the time.

Nope that was a bad coaching decision Edm moved him inside where the ball would get to him quicker less thinking on his part.He had all the tools we didn't use him right.

Bowman had good games and bad ones. Looking back he had way too many drops when he was here. He still has the dropsies in Edmonton too.. just not as much. Letting bowman go was a good move at the time.

Nope that was a bad coaching decision Edm moved him inside where the ball would get to him quicker less thinking on his part.He had all the tools we didn't use him right.
This is true.