Nick Moore Out 1 -2 Weeks

Rich

I was very impressed with Moore ( and Denmark ) in the last game. Moore played hurt, tried to get back in the game, and after another tackle was done. Yes he gets injured too much, but he's good!! I like the idea of an incentive-based contract, but I'm thinking he's gone at the end of the year.

I think he played all 18 games for BC in 2013 so he might just be on a run of bad luck the last season and a half.... I'm certainly not ready to write him off as injury prone this quickly.  He could still play 14-15 games this season which is reasonable.

Heres hoping. I thought he had an injury knack on him even before we signed him.. Remember it was one of the few things people complained about... That and his price tag lol.

Nick Moore is just too damn feisty, seems to play like he has a giant chip on his shoulder.  He might remain healthy for more than two games at a stretch if he didn't go to war with the D-backs every time he catches the ball.  Clarence knows how to catch a pass, fight for a few yards then go down,  after which he always apologizes for making the defender look bad.

We just have to start looking at production with our players and quit making excuses for them. I have never been impressed with Moore and 1 TD in a season and a half is just unacceptable when you consider what we are paying him. He's been a gigantic flop.

We just have to start looking at production with our players and quit making excuses for them. I have never been impressed with Moore and 1 TD in a season and a half is just unacceptable when you consider what we are paying him. He's been a gigantic flop.

This is just such a dumb way to look at it. You don't just start cutting players out of spite. Injuries or not he's our best receiver and cutting him makes the team worse. The scouting staff has been incapable of bringing in a good receiver so far and who knows what's available in free agency. Can't cut Moore until we have a star receiver to replace him.

Moore definitely looked like a keeper Saturday. The question is whether the injuries are going to continue or is this just a bad luck streak. He does fight after the catch to gain extra yards and that will eventually lead to more injuries. That long catch and run he had was full of twisting and turning, any of which could of led to an awkward hit. I am glad I don't make these decisions. It is so easy to criticize the management from the seats but there are an amazing number of variables to try to fit into a winning equation. As a management exercise, analysing football personnel moves is quite entertaining in itself apart from the actual games. 

But his production in terms of catches and yards is really good. So he's not scoring TDs, that's a Bomber problem not a Moore problem. Moore has been playing like a top receiver when healthy, just that he's missed a lot of time. 

Moore had 3 catches against Regina for 103 yards. His first 100 yard game this year. He's 16th in the league in receiving. He had 1 really big year in BC (2013). Other than that, he's put up below average numbers. He's scored a single TD in a year and a half with us and he's been hurt for a bunch of games. All in all, he's a pretty average receiver who's getting top receiver wages. That's the kind of player we need to actively look at replacing in the offseason, not resigning with a raise.

I really like Nick...He is talented BUT when you can't stay healthy for at least half a season it's time to reassess...He's beginning to remind me of Johnny Sears and Watson, who spent a lot of time in the tub and hurt the club...Both of those guys are now gone and I believe Sears has been on the ir with his new team and Watson has also been 'nicked'...If our Nick can't stay healthy...hate to say it but it could be time for him to move on.

He's a stick man, all arms and legs. Nic Lewis is built for going over the middle, or is that just a legend too.

Nic Lewis has a skill set.  There are a lot of 5'10 260 lbs pound guys walking the earth.  All but one of them would be useless "over the middle."

The best slotback in history was 6' 185 lbs and the best one in the CFL right now is about 5'7 155 lbs.

Stick Moore at WR and Denmark in the slot. That's more geared to their strengths.

Denmark's already in the slot 90% of the time. You want to move Darvin Adams out of the boundary? Or put Nick Moore at field WR where he might see 30 passes over a full season?

I don't track snaps, but it seems to me Denmark goes deep a lot more than I notice him in the slot.

He's a stick man, all arms and legs. Nic Lewis is built for going over the middle, or is that just a legend too.

Nic Lewis has a skill set. There are a lot of 5'10 260 lbs pound guys walking the earth. All but one of them would be useless "over the middle."

The best slotback in history was 6' 185 lbs and the best one in the CFL right now is about 5'7 155 lbs.

So are you saying Bryant Turner isn't the answer as the new slot receiver?

Stick Moore at WR and Denmark in the slot. That's more geared to their strengths.

Denmark's already in the slot 90% of the time. You want to move Darvin Adams out of the boundary? Or put Nick Moore at field WR where he might see 30 passes over a full season?

I don't track snaps, but it seems to me Denmark goes deep a lot more than I notice him in the slot.

I don't think we're speaking the same language.  Slot refers to where they start the play at the line of scrimmage, not where the route takes them.

I don't think we're speaking the same language. Slot refers to where they start the play at the line of scrimmage, not where the route takes them.

You're right, not talking same language.

The suggestion by a previous poster was that making catches over the middle is causing Moores injuries. I'd like to see Denmark take over those routes and Moore as the deep guy, regardless of where they lineup.