Marcel Bellefeuille - When does he get axed

Brandon

According to the post-game shows on both OB ans 1290, there is a consensus that Bellefeuille will last out the season due to both O'Shea's loyalty to his hires and also because the season is de facto over, and bringing in another defensive coordinator would be a waste of time and money.

Have to agree firing the OC and replacing him with a 2nd DC would be a waste of time and money

We have not scored more than 26 points in a game since week 2 of 2014. That is 28 games of such failure with Marcel.

We got 30 in week 1 this season.

Too late, once the flames of outrage have been fanned the facts become irrelevant!

I have said I was wrong. Fact remains, we have 3 games or 25% this year with less than 10 points (Edmonton, Calgary at home and Hamilton in Hamilton). We have five with under 20 this year or 41.67%. That is pathetic and will help drive fans away. Not only are we a bad team, we are a boring bad team that gets their asses kicked far too often.

According to the post-game shows on both OB ans 1290, there is a consensus that Bellefeuille will last out the season due to both O'Shea's loyalty to his hires and also because the season is de facto over, and bringing in another defensive coordinator would be a waste of time and money.

Have to agree firing the OC and replacing him with a 2nd DC would be a waste of time and money

What does a new DC got to do with the firing of Bellefeuille|?  

We have not scored more than 26 points in a game since week 2 of 2014. That is 28 games of such failure with Marcel.

We got 30 in week 1 this season.

Too late, once the flames of outrage have been fanned the facts become irrelevant!

I have said I was wrong. Fact remains, we have 3 games or 25% this year with less than 10 points (Edmonton, Calgary at home and Hamilton in Hamilton). We have five with under 20 this year or 41.67%. That is pathetic and will help drive fans away. Not only are we a bad team, we are a boring bad team that gets their asses kicked far too often.

You don't even need stats to see that the offense is a steaming pile. They bring in Walker and run him up the gut. The game passed Marcel by 10 years ago, it's a joke.

I like Mike, but I think they'll can him at the end of this season.  And if Walters goes, that will almost definitely be the end of him.

This reminds me of the Reinbold hiring.  Everyone wanted Ritchie, but they hired Jeff.  And we lost big time.  This time, a lot of people wanted Higgins (not saying everyone), and we got Mike (although not quite the failure Reinbold was).  Wonder if that means we'll end up with Higgins next year.

In any case, if he does get the boot, I hope they hire someone who's been around the block.  Not sure if we can lure anyone away or what the answer is.

If the season is over why not fire him now and see if Howell and/or Buck are worth keeping at seasons end.

Im not sure how much they could fix this blander then vanilla offense. But they sure couldnt do worse with play calling. I mean this offense makes the air taste exotic. its soo bad if i see a designed off tackle run my jaw might hit the floor like every other play under joe paopao.

What does a new DC got to do with the firing of Bellefeuille|?  

that was the point.... read what I quoted

We should bring in john murphy with taman as GM assistant/team sandwich artist..

All jokes aside, Murphy would be my pick once walters takes the Guelph job and my concern is zero experience at actual GM duties (officially that is as he has probably acrued some on the job experience by now)

We should bring in john murphy with taman as GM assistant/team sandwich artist..

All jokes aside, Murphy would be my pick once walters takes the Guelph job and my concern is zero experience at actual GM duties (officially that is as he has probably acrued some on the job experience by now)

Murphy would be a great choice. Keep Taman away.

30 Games as OC in 2014 and 2015

6 games under ten points scored (In 2014 Edmonton 3, Edmonton 9, BC 9) (In 2015, Edmonton -3, Hamilton 8, Calgary 8)

11 games under 20 points scored (In 2014 Edmonton 3, Edmonton 9, BC 9, Riders 17, Hamilton 11, Calgary 18) (In 2015, Edmonton -3, Hamilton 8, Calgary 8, Montreal 14, Riders 19)

How do you justify that?

I know he won't be fired until the end of the season, but here is yet another game that serves as a damning indictment of Marcel's offensive game plan.  270 total yards and only 90 yards in the entire second half.  Third quarter was horrible with no really attempts to stretch the field with intermediate or long passes - something that worked in the first half.

Calgary's defense is not that great, certainly not elite like Edmonton's or hamilton's so I really don't think 270 yards can be considered a solid effort by the offense.  With Marcel at the controls I don't see this team gaining 300 yards of offense against the Eskies.  Defense will really have to bring it next week.

Yup. O did nothing yet again all second half. If not for Stoudemire return. This game wasn't as close

Yup. stubs changes his defensive game plan to defend what we were doing.. Bellfool continues the quick hitters and gut runs for an entire 3rd quarter and into 4th.. He is undefendable at this point..Nichols may not be elite but he is capable of wins..

Only four games out of thirteen this season with over 300 total yards from the offense.  Two of those against the worst defense in the league - Saskatchewan.  When you can't manage 300 yards in the vast majority of your games something is wrong with the game plan, especially when you have either Willy or Nicholls starting the majority of those games.