Marve now the backup QB?

gbill2004

marve played well in his one start last yr in the snow, give him a shot , u never know not bad in ham except for the one pass that he should not have thrown , but we know what we get with the other guy, not much

Marve reminds me a lot of Elliott. But I like Marve to start instead of Brohm. Marve can at least march the O downfield.

One big difference is Marve has a cannon arm.

marve played well in his one start last yr in the snow, give him a shot , u never know not bad in ham except for the one pass that he should not have thrown , but we know what we get with the other guy, not much

Marve reminds me a lot of Elliott. But I like Marve to start instead of Brohm. Marve can at least march the O downfield.

One big difference is Marve has a cannon arm.

Wow. I never heard that for a long time ever since we have Michael Bishop as our QB.

Need to temper expectations somewhat .. Marve .. even in limited reps last game (and coming in at a point in time where it didn't REALLY matter) demonstrated some questionable decision making .. those are going to be the growing pains of rolling with Marve.  As dynamic as he's going to look at times .. moving the ball with his feet and naively trusting his arm to get a ball into tight spots .. there are going to be plenty of, "What the hell is he doing?!?" moments.

That said, I'd easily rather sit through that than if the Bombers trotted Brohm out for a game or two.

If Marve is to have any chance at all, he can't be tied to Marcel's "death in the pocket" scheme, he needs to move or he will end up sharing Willy's hospital bed in short order.  Marcel is on his last legs and if he can't protect QB's and won't learn to work with Marve's talents than his future is dim.

I would suggest they follow Mtl.'s example and bring in an "offencive assistant" (potential Marcel replacement) "like" Jeff Garcia an ex CFL QB to work specifically with Marve.  Maybe Buck can fill that role, but I kind of doubt it, he was a warrior but he wasn't much of a General.

Marve isinexperienced, unpolished and needs to work on technique.  That said, he has a arm, and a set of useful legs.  Brohm has neither.

Yeah.... but Brohm got a bigger pair of b***ls to withstand the boos from the crowd.

Give it time.   If Marve plays as poorly as Brohm, the crowd will boo him too.  I hope Dominique Davis is ready to be the most popular player in town.

Marve isinexperienced, unpolished and needs to work on technique.  That said, he has a arm, and a set of useful legs.  Brohm has neither.

Yeah.... but Brohm got a bigger pair of b***ls to withstand the boos from the crowd.

Give it time.   If Marve plays as poorly as Brohm, the crowd will boo him too.  I hope Dominique Davis is ready to be the most popular player in town.

To avoid this the Bombers would be wise to start Marve at home and Brohm on the road, there will be plenty of playing time for both in the weeks to come.  It doesn't do anybody good to be subjected to that abuse and the Wpg. media will jump all over it just adding to the **** storm.

Need to temper expectations somewhat .. Marve .. even in limited reps last game (and coming in at a point in time where it didn't REALLY matter) demonstrated some questionable decision making .. those are going to be the growing pains of rolling with Marve.  As dynamic as he's going to look at times .. moving the ball with his feet and naively trusting his arm to get a ball into tight spots .. there are going to be plenty of, "What the hell is he doing?!?" moments.

That said, I'd easily rather sit through that than if the Bombers trotted Brohm out for a game or two.

I don't expect anything he does to be a master piece, I just hope he makes more big plays than poor plays and we manage to fluke out a win. The one thing I am excited about for him though, is there was a play late in the Hamilton game where the pocket completely collapsed and I thought for sure Marve was buried, but somehow he managed to slip out and run to the outside. That's the kind of dynamic that neither Willy nor Brohm have and it can help take a lot of pressure off not only the offensive line but Marve himself. Teams have to respect his mobility and elusiveness and that can be a good crutch for a young qb. 

My hope is that Marve can pull off a few Bishop type games, not the most amazing stats but a big run or two and a couple of long bomb connections and we pull it out. Plus he's more exciting to watch.

Brohm, no excitement and really offers you jack.

Brohm is just one of those guys who needs to make 10 or so good throws in a row to score a touchdown. You can get away with that when you're Ricky Ray or Kevin Glenn, but not when you're Brian Brohm. 

My hope is that Marve can pull off a few Bishop type games, not the most amazing stats but a big run or two and a couple of long bomb connections and we pull it out. Plus he's more exciting to watch.

Brohm, no excitement and really offers you jack.

Brohm is just one of those guys who needs to make 10 or so good throws in a row to score a touchdown. You can get away with that when you're Ricky Ray or Kevin Glenn, but not when you're Brian Brohm. 

10 or so good throws..........what are the odds on that?

Defence and ST need to step it up now. Let's have some focus on the running game for a change. Smash-mouth run blocking is simpler than pass blocking, after all. Let's try some different launch points and sprint-outs instead of 3-step drop. All the QB has to do is manage the game and make securing the football a priority. Don't anyone dare turn it over. We can still win a few games this way. It's a whole new ballgame.

All the people who would stay home if BB starts, do you not enjoy any other aspect of the game outside of the QB'ing?

Quite frankly, this adversity makes me more likely to go (I dont attend a lot of games live) because I find it very interesting.  I want to see how the players respond, how the coaches prepare etc.  If BB starts, it intrigues me.  And the team could use a very full, very loud IGF.

I know fans will boo BB.  And I hope Marve starts because we should get a look at whether he's the future or not.  But it would sure feel better as a fan and Im sure way better as a player to have 30,000 fans cheering and showing their support during the adversity.

All the people who would stay home if BB starts, do you not enjoy any other aspect of the game outside of the QB'ing?

Quite frankly, this adversity makes me more likely to go (I dont attend a lot of games live) because I find it very interesting.  I want to see how the players respond, how the coaches prepare etc.  If BB starts, it intrigues me.  And the team could use a very full, very loud IGF.

I know fans will boo BB.  And I hope Marve starts because we should get a look at whether he's the future or not.  But it would sure feel better as a fan and Im sure way better as a player to have 30,000 fans cheering and showing their support during the adversity.

Amen. Regardless of who starts at QB I want the team to succeed and to know they've got support from the fans.

I will be at the game no matter what, but I can understand people not wanting to go.

There has been too much time spent in that new stadium watching the game with disinterest knowing that your team has absolutely zero chance of winning.  Unfortunately Tim Burke set the tone for Bomber teams in that stadium, and we really haven't been yet able to shake it.