Optimist, Pessimist or Realist for Friday

BigBlue

Sel Assessment  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How would you describe yourself as Blue Bomber fan in general?

• Optimist
    • Realist
    • Pessimist
    • Delusional
    • Other - please describe
    • Other - cannot describe
  2. 2. What do you expect on Friday night

• We will win by a lot
    • We will win by a little
    • It's a wild guess and too close to even speculate about
    • We will lose by a little
    • We will lose by a lot
    • It's going to overtime
    • Other - please explain
  3. 3. Will Drew Willy play the whole game

• Yes, or until the game is a blowout either way
    • No, for whatever reason
    • He won't even start
    • Other - please explain

I am a fan of good CFL football and delight in watching 2 teams that demonstrate a high level of quality skilled football. Will Willy play the entire game? The greater question is should he play? For Willy to say he was not unconscious is either false bravado, delusional or ignorance. Son you were unconscious. I understand the stigma and fear in sport of using the C word, concussion but it is what it is. I have complete trust and faith in the a Bomber medical staff. I know them and know the level of professionalism, experience and expertise that they represent. What do I expect on Friday? I expect a lot of anxious people that will be on pins and needles watching and worrying about Willy taking a significant hit. He may or may not be at a greater risk for injury then any other player. But the problem is if he does take one and gets hurt.....well you decide.

My feeling is the game will start 0-0.  Over the course of 3 hours both teams will score points.  The team with the most points will be declared the winner.

Over the course of the same 3 hours my wife will buy sweet potato fries.  We will smooch more than once.  I will arrive at the game happy and leave the game happy**.  If the Bombers win, I'll be slightly more happy.  And then I won't think about football again for at least 72 hours.

**subject to Andre Proulx reffing the game

I'm wondering which Bomber team shows up.  The one that looked like a real football team and beat up the Riders or the one that looked like they were completely lost against Hamilton?

Is our offense really the one that chewed up yards on the ground and in the air against Regina or the one that threw Int's and rang up 2 and outs vs Montreal?

Our defense has been consistently bad in both games, but we will be facing a rookie QB, right out of college with one game of experience under his belt and some film on him. If we give up over 400 yards again, then something is seriously wrong no matter if O'Shea is worried or not about it.

The biggest question is:  Is Willy really OK or not? I know I'll be hold my breath every time he gets hit and I know I won't be alone.

We are completely healthy for the first time in a couple of years and Montreal has a ton of injuries (7 on the 1 game and 10 on the 6 game including Crompton, Hebert, and Woods)

On paper, we should win this one, but games aren't played on paper,

My feeling is the game will start 0-0.  Over the course of 3 hours both teams will score points.  The team with the most points will be declared the winner.

Over the course of the same 3 hours my wife will buy sweet potato fries.  We will smooch more than once.  I will arrive at the game happy and leave the game happy**.  If the Bombers win, I'll be slightly more happy.  And then I won't think about football again for at least 72 hours.

**subject to Andre Proulx reffing the game

But will she share those sweet potato fries? If so....she's a keeper.

I'm wondering which Bomber team shows up.  The one that looked like a real football team and beat up the Riders or the one that looked like they were completely lost against Hamilton?

Is our offense really the one that chewed up yards on the ground and in the air against Regina or the one that threw Int's and rang up 2 and outs vs Montreal?

Our defense has been consistently bad in both games, but we will be facing a rookie QB, right out of college with one game of experience under his belt and some film on him. If we give up over 400 yards again, then something is seriously wrong no matter if O'Shea is worried or not about it.

The biggest question is:  Is Willy really OK or not? I know I'll be hold my breath every time he gets hit and I know I won't be alone.

We are completely healthy for the first time in a couple of years and Montreal has a ton of injuries (7 on the 1 game and 10 on the 6 game including Crompton, Hebert, and Woods)

Our defence is playing a raw rookie. I know he had a great week last week, but I have to wonder if Calgary didn't underestimate him by a lot. If we can't handle the Montreal offence, we are in trouble this year. I predict we will.

I hope that's not a premonition.

Honestly I see the Bombers in both games as very similar teams. I actually would say our defense got a little bit better in Hamilton (they were much closer to making plays than in Saskatchewan). The problem was that we were playing a better team and our starting QB went out. Then things went downhill quickly (kick return touchdown, interceptions etc.).

I'm hoping that our defense can take another step in the right direction. They are still learning the system. Talent wise I think they can be a respectable defense once they stop making huge mistakes.

It's a new week. Go Blue.

I hope that's not a premonition.

Yikes!  What a bad typo on my part.  LOL

Wonder when stoudamire will play? Doesn't appear injured. Throwing and catching in sidelines today at Bomber practice.

While he might provide a bit of a spark .. Veltung has acquitted himself nicely so far in the return game.  

Very true. Wonder if we could get them both back there on kickoffs somehow...or if it would be worth it. Pick your poison.

The Bombers will have no excuse if they lose this one. They were humiliated in their own stadium last game, they ought to be as healthy as all getout, the coaches have had time to compensate for the blitzes, and Montreal has a lot of key injuries. If the Bombers lose, it will be bad news for morale, and if they are soundly beaten again, all sorts of alarms bells should be going off.

good thing...that would be pretty boring to watch...

Someone should invent 'Canadian Paper Football League' and let the Bombers play there and pull out from the CFL.

I bet the Bombers will build a dynasty there.