Kurt Goodrich leaves Bomber camp & quits football

gbill2004

I've played organized sports, and I get it when your heart isn't in it anymore. It's just strange that 2 months ago, his lifelong "dream came true" by signing with the Bombers. And two months later he's done with football. Sounds like a confused young man.

Comparing rec league sports to pro sports hey??

....Alright....

It's kind of funny, a friend of mine (and former teamate of Kurt) called this exact thing happening after he signed.

Does he have a mental illness? Lazy? Can't commit?

I can't comment any further as I really don't know. Just that he doesn't like to be out performed and has a bad attitude when things don't go his way. No idea what the reason is, and of course this is purely speculation. He may have left camp for a serious personal reason, for all I know.

Usually when a guy lacks confidence he pulls the old fake injury,  not getting along with coaches,  blame everything else excuses....

Rarely does one quit before even giving it a shot.

I've played organized sports, and I get it when your heart isn't in it anymore. It's just strange that 2 months ago, his lifelong "dream came true" by signing with the Bombers. And two months later he's done with football. Sounds like a confused young man.

....Alright....

I was replying to Bigblueteammates question, that was since deleted. The question was related to "playing sports". If the initial question/post wasn't deleted, you'd see I'm not comparing rec/high school sports to pro sports.

Interesting how you deleted my previous post explaining my response yet you left yours here...

Sounds like the Bombers will just have to bide their time until he changes his mind again. Hopefully he will be back in a CFL training camp within 2-3 years once he comes to grips with the opportunity he has just squandered.

But will they want him then? Serious questions on his character now and whether he could be trusted if he decided he wanted to play again.

....Alright....

I was replying to Bigblueteammates question, that was since deleted. The question was related to "playing sports". If the initial question/post wasn't deleted, you'd see I'm not comparing rec/high school sports to pro sports.

Interesting how you deleted my previous post explaining my response yet you left yours here...

I deleted the posts.  And the ones that were deleted were deleted because you couldn't provide an explanation without insulting another poster.

I've heard from a few reliable sources that although Kurt is a hell of a talent, he's got a poor attitude and is known to be a diva.

"Apparently" Kurt is used to being the best and when he's out shined, he becomes a pouter.

It's kind of funny, a friend of mine (and former teamate of Kurt) called this exact thing happening after he signed.

I can't comment any further as I really don't know. Just that he doesn't like to be out performed and has a bad attitude when things don't go his way. No idea what the reason is, and of course this is purely speculation. He may have left camp for a serious personal reason, for all I know.

Why bother making all these posts regarding his character if it's "purely speculation?"

^^^ this makes a lot of sense based on current evidence. I'm curious if going up against Murican DBs got to him...

Why would it. He went up against American DBs at TC last season and was doing

Did he not get hurt in main camp the first day and only played in rookie camp?

Sounds like the Bombers will just have to bide their time until he changes his mind again. Hopefully he will be back in a CFL training camp within 2-3 years once he comes to grips with the opportunity he has just squandered.

But will they want him then? Serious questions on his character now and whether he could be trusted if he decided he wanted to play again.

You might be right.  I imagine telling O'Shea in particular "my hearts not in it" was not a wise career move.

You might be right.  I imagine telling O'Shea in particular "my hearts not in it" was not a wise career move.

lucky for him he has a very forgiving passport

I've heard from a few reliable sources that although Kurt is a hell of a talent, he's got a poor attitude and is known to be a diva.

"Apparently" Kurt is used to

being the best and when he's out shined, he becomes a pouter.

Why bother making all these posts regarding his character if it's "purely speculation?"

Well I've been told this by a team ate of his who called him quitting the day he signed. I can't specifically say he quit because of poor attitude, but I thought it was worth noting that things like this seem to follow Kurt around. Who am I to say that's for sure why he quit? Maybe he had a serious family matter, it could be anything.

At least it was only 1 day, should have enough time to get someone in that roster spot for camp(s) and get someone in there who will use that spot productively. Not familiar with his time with the Bisons, was he an early candidate for a starting NI spot?

No he wouldn't have started this year, but he was considered equivalent to a first round draft pick.

At least it was only 1 day, should have enough time to get someone in that roster spot for camp(s) and get someone in there who will use that spot productively. Not familiar with his time with the Bisons, was he an early candidate for a starting NI spot?

Bombers cut Brett Carter when they signed Goodrich. I wonder if he gets an invite to TC now?

No he wouldn't have started this year, but he was considered equivalent to a first round draft pick.

By posters here, maybe... Not sure anyone else felt that way. He was coming out of junior, impossible to tell what he would have looked like in a pro setting.

By posters here, maybe... Not sure anyone else felt that way. He was coming out of junior, impossible to tell what he would have looked like in a pro setting.

pretty sure it wasn't all board hype but hey don't let that get in the way of truth. between the team and media.. the belief he was a talent was there..