Kurt Goodrich leaves Bomber camp & quits football

gbill2004

@DarrinBauming: Winnipegger and @WinnipegRifles product Kurt Goodrich told Mike O'Shea this morning "his heart wasn't in it," and has left camp. #Bombers

@BobIrvingCJOB: Kurt Goodrich leaves bomber mini camp saying he doesn't want to play football anymore

@PentonKirk: #Bombers receiver Kurt Goodrich calls it a career after one practice today in Florida, saying his heart's not in it.

I dunno, whatever. If his hearts not in it, it's not in it. It's too bad cuz he was pretty pumped a month or 2 ago when he signed. Hope all his well with Goodrich and his state of mind right now.

Regarding Demski at 2, I think it's a possibility however there is also the strong possibility that Demski much like Brett Jones did with Calgary, tells people he only wants to play for the Bombers, I mean in this day and age, i think drafting a guy in the first round, you want him to be there after his first contract is up. If Demski only wants to play for the bombers, teams could pass on him and he could drop to wpg in the 2nd round, only due to the fact that i'm not sure a team would take a guy who in all liklihood would bolt in a couple years once his rookie contract is up. 

It wouldn't shock me to see teams pass on Demski if he truly only wants to play for the bombers. You hear all these questions about who is your favorite team, have you ever put a watermelon on your head, those questions seem crazy but i think they matter cuz teams want guys who will be there for the long haul, not just guys who will play out their first contract and bolt back home which i Think demski might do. 

"Apparently" Kurt is used to being the best and when he's out shined, he becomes a pouter.

Interesting. Good thing he left then. No need for a bad attitude pretty boy who's not prepared to put in the work. Did he expect to be annointed the number one WR on the first day of camp?

It's kind of funny, a friend of mine (and former teamate of Kurt) called this exact thing happening after he signed.

Does he have a mental illness? Lazy? Can't commit?

I can't comment any further as I really don't know. Just that he doesn't like to be out performed and has a bad attitude when things don't go his way. No idea what the reason is, and of course this is purely speculation. He may have left camp for a serious personal reason, for all I know.