Free agency news

BigBlue

You would think guys like Russell Wilson and Drew Brees would make NFL types think twice about judging QBs by their height but most still prefer QBs around 6'4 or 6'5. A 6'2 undrafted QB coming out of the CFL already has the deck stacked against him.

You would think guys like Russell Wilson and Drew Brees would make NFL types think twice about judging QBs by their height but most still prefer QBs around 6'4 or 6'5. A 6'2 undrafted QB coming out of the CFL already has the deck stacked against him.

Both those guys are very solidly built. Wilson especially. He is short for the NFL, but he is not small.

BLM isn't the biggest qb around & they may have felt he never would have had a fair chance to start.

BLM is 6'2" and 200lbs. That's pretty good size for an NFL QB.

No that is small for an NFL QB. At least today. 

Decent size for a CFL QB though. 

If an NFL team thought that BLM had the physical & mental tools, they wouldn't give his height a second though. He's right around the average - they might want a little more weight.

You know maybe BLM is just happy to be playing football somewhere he's appreciated rather than trying to go through the grind in teh NFL for no guarantees. Some guys are happy being a big fish in a small pond.

Of course I'm biased as a CFL fan, but I totally respect that

@CFL_News: Highly touted free agent @RennieCurran53 still searching for NFL deal http://t.co/q8uh6I8o5W#CFL via @PentonKirk

@CFL_News: Curran's @RennieCurran53 agent confirmed #Esks, #Riders, #Bombers and #RedBlacks put in calls about his client,,via @PentonKirk #CFL

Good to see we are still kicking the tires.. Hopefully he will figure it out sooner then later.. Id still think he would be a huge signing...

NFL is more worried about how big a QB's hands are than how tall or heavy he is in terms of physical attributes.

According to my wife, that myth has been disproved.

Your wife's just being nice to you. ;)

Well, somebody besides the dog should.

Bombers sign International running back, previously on the practice roster in 2013 for a month here,Bradley Randle today. Don't think Cotton is a lock to be our running back.. gonna be quite the competition with Cotton,Marshall,Randle etc. 

Bombers sign International running back, previously on the practice roster in 2013 for a month here,Bradley Randle today. Don't think Cotton is a lock to be our running back.. gonna be quite the competition with Cotton,Marshall,Randle etc. 

Randle is 5'7" 190lb and runs a 4.38, so he is built for the CFL. The Vikings saw enough in him to keep him around for two years.

Gonna be quite the competition, read somewhere the bombers wanted a bigger back, while Randle may not be the biggest, 5'7 190 is pretty solid, with marhsall being a good size too, cotton may be on the outside looking in after all is said and done. RB's, man they are a dime a dozen really. 

You aren't gonna be dressing 3 international running backs a game, maybe 2 and one goes on the IR or something but i don't even know about that. Depth? Sure, it's more like training camp competition.

... you'll have one on the practice roster. So easily two on the roster at any given time. If not three.

And Cotton isn't going anywhere.