Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

Very interesting stuff.....but Marsh is an easier loss than Crompton, if you're an Als fan, and the Esks have other bodies at RB to replace White. These aren't MASSIVE blows to either team...

Very interesting stuff.....but Marsh is an easier loss than Crompton, if you're an Als fan, and the Esks have other bodies at RB to replace White. These aren't MASSIVE blows to either team...

I believe if White would have stayed healthy last season he would have led the league in rushing, so it is a pretty big loss for the Esks.

I believe if White would have stayed healthy last season he would have led the league in rushing, so it is a pretty big loss for the Esks.

Not if Cornish would have been healthy for all 18 games

I don't get the problem with Chad Simpson on this board? Guy ran hard for us and was a solid back during his time here. The way he left things wasn't the greatest, but considering the situation I wouldn't mind him being back in Blue and Gold should the need arise. 

I don't have anything against him... he kinda burnt some bridges on his way out... and I'd much rather have any of the guys on our roster than an almost 30-year-old back with serious injury history...

I don't get the problem with Chad Simpson on this board? Guy ran hard for us and was a solid back during his time here. The way he left things wasn't the greatest, but considering the situation I wouldn't mind him being back in Blue and Gold should the need arise. 

I don't have anything against him... he kinda burnt some bridges on his way out... and I'd much rather have any of the guys on our roster than an almost 30-year-old back with serious injury history...

True enough, I would totally prefer Cotton or Randle even. But If we needed him, I'd be glad to have simpson.

Chad Simpson signs in Edmonton.

and Edmonton's drive to reproduce the 2013 Bomber offence continues.  Sorensen and Pencer manning their stellar OL, Simpson carrying the rock, handed to him by Justin Goltz.  Kito Poblah!  Paging Kito Poblah! Ed Hervey on line 3!

You forgot to include Cory Watson and Wallace Miles.

and Edmonton's drive to reproduce the 2013 Bomber offence continues.  Sorensen and Pencer manning their stellar OL, Simpson carrying the rock, handed to him by Justin Goltz.  Kito Poblah!  Paging Kito Poblah! Ed Hervey on line 3!

You forgot to include Cory Watson and Wallace Miles.

I did indeed.  Glenn January and Steve Morley must be waiting by the phone right now as well.

You missed Cauchy man!  Cauchy!!!

What happened with Chad Simpson in 2013? Didn't he walk out on the team?

Whatever the reason, I'm glad he's not here. In all my ~30 years of watching the CFL, he's the most frustrating running back I can remember. He'd be heading upfield with a good head of steam, needing 2-3 more yards for a first down with one or two tacklers in front of him. And then, something would misfire in his brain and he'd decide to pivot and run east-west, or stop dead and juke -- try to finese the situation rather than attacking it. And then, without exception, the other team would rally to him and he'd get gang-tackled and then we'd punt. It happened every. single. fscking. game.

If I were Tim Burke and I had to coach Chad Simpson, I'd look like a kicked dog too. Maybe Tim would've won a few more games if Mr. Mack had gotten him an RB who wasn't allergic to the first down stick.

Now, if we could get the 2011 Chris Garrett back, that'd be sweet. Garrett is the best back the Bombers have dressed since Charles Roberts. Don't know if the 2011 Chris Garrett still exists, though.

Ticats apparently lose RB Moses Madu for the season with the TC-suffered injury......bodies hit the floor, bodies hit the floor......

Dangit - if that had only happened in Ottawa, we could have traded them Da'rel Scott for their best NI.

apparently some kinda shoulder problem, will require surgery and he'll have to miss the season. They *claim* it won't hurt them too much because of a lot of depth at the RB position. We shall see.......

You missed Cauchy man!  Cauchy!!!

Well in my defence I was talking about the 2013 Bomber offence....Cauchy was playing for every other team's offence in 2013...