Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

Rick Moffat from TSN Radio in Montreal ran into Sam at the airport & doesn't believe he's leaving for good.

2. Dont think he had enough luggage with him to be bailing or bugging out on #CFL @vdirico @HerbZurkowsky1.

3. #MichaelSam seemed rushed, mind elsewhere when I introducted myself @Keithrowe888 @HerbZurkowsky1 so have no reason to doubt him. #CFL

Sounds pretty serious if he's leaving in such a rush, hopefully whatever it is doesn't keep him out of the CFL or football in gerneal. I actually want to see if this guy can play at the next level, looked decent in preseason action in the NFL.

Sounds pretty serious if he's leaving in such a rush, hopefully whatever it is doesn't keep him out of the CFL or football in gerneal. I actually want to see if this guy can play at the next level, looked decent in preseason action in the NFL.

He's just another player, no different than the multitude of others that will be cut in the next few weeks.  Too much attention has been directed his way already.

Another flame-out of a big-name NFL player. Maybe he just didn't want to leave his buddys behind.

He's not really a big name player. He couldn't even crack an NFL roster. He's basically just famous for being gay.

He was also SEC Defensive Player of the Year. Whatever that meant for his NFL or CFL aspirations, he was already a "name" in football circles before coming out.

With Tanner Marsh on the Als 6-game, Montreal is going into the season with Crompton and LeFevour.

Anyone think Popp must be looking for a QB at this point? 

No.  Marsh's injury doesn't change much, he's third string.  If they weren't comfortable with Crompton and LeFevour the time to look for another QB was months ago.

People really seem to have extra dislike for Michael Sam.

It's understandable.  I'm leery of someone who says they don't want extra attention just wants to play football, yet signs up for a reality tv show and agrees to hold a press conference announcing his signing in Montreal.  I think if he really didn't want extra attention he might have asked what happens when every other American player who washed out of the NFL before even playing a meaningful game signs in the CFL and said let's do that.  I respect that he's being open and there's a risk in that, but it's pretty clear that the media attention is something he's playing into at this point, not trying to avoid.

It's understandable. I'm leery of someone who says they don't want extra attention just wants to play football, yet signs up for a reality tv show and agrees to hold a press conference announcing his signing in Montreal. I think if he really didn't want extra attention he might have asked what happens when every other American player who washed out of the NFL before even playing a meaningful game signs in the CFL and said let's do that. I respect that he's being open and there's a risk in that, but it's pretty clear that the media attention is something he's playing into at this point, not trying to avoid.

Reality show aside, we had a press conference when we signed Westerman. High profile NFL players get attention.

It's understandable. I'm leery of someone who says they don't want extra attention just wants to play football, yet signs up for a reality tv show and agrees to hold a press conference announcing his signing in Montreal. I think if he really didn't want extra attention he might have asked what happens when every other American player who washed out of the NFL before even playing a meaningful game signs in the CFL and said let's do that. I respect that he's being open and there's a risk in that, but it's pretty clear that the media attention is something he's playing into at this point, not trying to avoid.
Reality show aside, we had a press conference when we signed Westerman. High profile NFL players get attention.

Westerman is a non import who actually played in the NFL, and a virtual lock to make the roster, one of our highest paid players. Apples to oranges.