Time for some tough love on....

KptKrunch

Seems to me that the Bombers don't practice this scenario. if they did they'd have been ready for it. Willy couldn't hear? Fans were excited. Asking them or even EXPECTING them to shut up is unrealistic. This never should have happened. Inside the 5 for gosh sake's just call a run on the LOS. Have a signal system along with the play call in the helmet mic.

It was very very quiet in that stadium.

I agree with numbers 2 & 3. I don't think Tracy is good enough but at the same time where the hell is our GM & why didn't he bring in a long snapper? Wild's been gone since August. Etch needs to go. He is a terrible DC & with the restrictions he puts on the type of players he wants up front & his schemes not only are they overmatched size wise but they are vulnerable to the big play & we see it every game now. I thought Creehan was bad as a DC but Etch may be worse. 

Instead you are actually the worst for thinking Etch is the worst. That was certainly NOT a worst performance yesterday!

Seems to me that the Bombers don't practice this scenario. if they did they'd have been ready for it. Willy couldn't hear? Fans were excited. Asking them or even EXPECTING them to shut up is unrealistic. This never should have happened. Inside the 5 for gosh sake's just call a run on the LOS. Have a signal system along with the play call in the helmet mic.

Willy said he made a mistake not calling his own play, and would learn from that.

Willy said he made a mistake not calling his own play, and would learn from that.

and thats all we need to hear really... That he is going to learn from his mistakes or at least try to..

I was watching on television... I could hear crowd sounds. 

In the courtroom of plaintiffs vs the defence, the judgment is firmly for the the defence.

Can't see how many of you are faulting, what has been, stellar performances by our defence, week in and week out.

Calling out run defence? Really? Did you not see those games? Nor remember what happened?

They have been giving us many opportunities to win games, right from the start of the year.

And that's really all you can ask from that part of your team.

Do you want to know what's really hurt us, in those 7 losses, more than anything? Special teams, turnovers and penalties.

I can only think of a couple of games where poor tackling and positioning has cost us a chance to win.

Guys,

I've read through this thread this morning and see a number of different views.  From 5-1 glory, to 1-6 goat, Willy has been the exact same guy at the microphone after every game.  During the 5-1 stretch, he was as humble as can be deflecting complements from the press to his team mates who were "making plays" around him and stressing how he and his teammates wanted to "do every thing they can to make the province proud".  During the recent stretch he has been playing with an aching body yet going out there week after week and playing his guts out for this team and this province.  Once again he has stood at the microphone, taken the heat and fallen on some grenades for his teammates from the press for this team.  We have never heard a word of excuses from him in post game press conferences and he has always manned up at the podium.  Yes he's made some mistakes and missed a few throws on Saturday, but if you started this year knowing that we would have achieved twice as many wins as last year, I would have signed up for that.  He didn't go home during the bye week, but stayed in Winnipeg getting as much medical treatment as possible to get back on the field for us fans and I use the term loosely with some on this board.  How many offensive first downs were called back because of holding penaltie's and how many drops have we had?  How much have we missed not having Nick Moore on the field?  How much have we missed two defensive starters out with season ending injuries since TC?

We are very close as a franchise.  We need work on both lines, our LB's are two small, we need better Canadian depth, our discipline in some of the penalties we take are ridiculous and our special teams at times fall down.

To come on here and bash Willy (who is probably more critical of himself than any player I've seen) is insane.  We finally have a guy who loves to play for our province and leave everything on the field.  Some of you on here are just plain nuts.  I rarely post because rationale arguments with some of you don't fly, so I don't bother.  That being said, the man has one year on his contract left and I'm reading comments like "I'm not trying to run him out of town".  You want him to be accountable in this forum, when he has done nothing but BE ACCOUNTABLE in his public comments the entire season!

5-1 and enjoying free dinners in Winnipeg....Mr. P is right you don't have a clue or know a thing about the man.

My two cents.  Anyone going to Ottawa?

Go Bombers!

You're right.

The OP is misdirected.

Willy's progress is really hard to 'chart', what with all the changes this 1st year QB has had to put up with.

Not to mention many factors that are beyond his control.

Drew Willy doesn't need us to hold him accountable..he does that himself..after every single game.

Watson was definitely hurt on the field  he limped a lot...

Denmark blocking is a site for hilarity...

Romby is non existent...

Kelly I will say is one of the few guys with some balls and drive ...

Grigsby can fall down from the wind....

I love your comments so true... And instead of lowering his should when contact is coming Grisby often tries to Jump over ???

Willy and MOS, both only going to get better as they go along. Also agree the defense has been better than expected. If you give up 16 and still lose, that's not on the D. I'd love to see them force more turnovers...fumbles, interceptions, whatever....but they're doing their job, for the most part. Just gotta get some guys healthy so the offense actually has a chance to do something...

I was watching on television... I could hear crowd sounds.
And I was there and I'm telling you it was much quieter than any other play that game.

I tend to get the feeling that the TSN microphones might pick up more sound than actually is there, it really depends where those mics are placed in the stadium... I've gone to games in the past and it's been dead quiet in the stadium when the bombers are on offence, maybe you can hear 1 or 2 lets say 10 people making some sort of noise but then i go home and watch it on tv and those 1 or 2 or 10 sounds like it's half the stadium. Very sensitive mics i think. Has to be. 

Um, you know if the helmet radio didn't work, it doesn't really matter how loud or quiet it was... 

Yes, this exactly.  Reading all these comments about "it was quite in there, how could he not hear"...O'Shea said there was technical difficulties.  Willy couldn't hear what MB was saying because of the helmet radio.

Folks believe that helmet speaker stopped working on the one play we took a time count violation at the end of the game?  Sounds more like an excuse to me.

or you know, it's a perfectly fine explanation for it... why doubt it? You think that on that play they just decided they couldn't get a play called and the ball snapped on time for no reason? Not like we've never seen the speakers not work before. 

The speaker in the helmet works for the whole game, heck the whole season, except for the one play we take a stupid time count.  That doesn't make you go Hmmmm?

They were having trouble the whole drive with the headset.  Howell ran halfway on the field on one play to signal the call, Marve did the same on the first play from the 3.