Wpg v. Edm

Floyd

It's funny how two undefeated teams are meeting in a battle for first place and everybody realistically knows the real stakes are deciding which one of the teams has the edge for the crossover berth.

I wouldn't say that at all. And the only reason you would say that is because of preseason expectations. We're into the season now, we've won and we've looked very strong doing it. Throw the predictions out the window, we're in a battle now.

It's funny how two undefeated teams are meeting in a battle for first place and everybody realistically knows the real stakes are deciding which one of the teams has the edge for the crossover berth.

Sask and especially BC sans Lulay really don't scare me.

Saskatchewan is one of those teams that could be stronger later in the season than they are now. They're in the process of trying to break some new people into spots they had pretty good players in last year, you would expect some of their recruits to improve as the year goes on right? And if Chamblins stops being a fool with his running game they'll be a lot better off. They were making progress in both games the last 2 weeks when they were running the ball but then they stopped because of a fumble and it all went to hell on them. 

Why is everyone getting on our O's case instead of our D's?  Willy did get pressured some but not as bad as what some of the nuts here are saying, plus you can't expect 30 plus points to be put on the scoreboard every game.

Etcheverry is the one who needs to be called out here, letting Troy Smith, that inaccurate passer everyone talked about, rack up 300 plus yards and some big plays against his D.

I sure hope he picks his cover corner wisely and maybe has the safety watching Adarius Bowman, that guy has been the Eskimos lone offensive source so far.  I expect Reilly to keep heaving bombs that direction more this week and we gotta be ready for them.

Why is everyone getting on our O's case instead of our D's?  Willy did get pressured some but not as bad as what some of the nuts here are saying, plus you can't expect 30 plus points to be put on the scoreboard every game.

Etcheverry is the one who needs to be called out here, letting Troy Smith, that inaccurate passer everyone talked about, rack up 300 plus yards and some big plays against his D.

I sure hope he picks his cover corner wisely and maybe has the safety watching Adarius Bowman, that guy has been the Eskimos lone offensive source so far.  I expect Reilly to keep heaving bombs that direction more this week and we gotta be ready for them.

Bowman is in the slot so Washington or Johnson has him.

The D also put up two touchdowns and held the Als to field goals on very short fields given up by the special teams.

The D also put up two touchdowns and held the Als to field goals on very short fields given up by the special teams.

Troy Smith completed 56% of his passes, his inaccuracy is still consistent.

The D stepped up when they had too and put 14 points on the board themselves... how can anyone blame the D when they actually stepped up when it mattered.. so did the Offence actually, went pretty cold for a while, a long while actually, if the D didn't step up, that last drive of the game wouldn't have mattered. 

Because people have accepted that the defense is what it is. It's got vulnerabilities as well as big play capability. They gave up yardage, but made big plays when it counted so it's really the best we can hope for.

I wouldn't say that at all. And the only reason you would say that is because of preseason expectations. We're into the season now, we've won and we've looked very strong doing it. Throw the predictions out the window, we're in a battle now.

Well the main reason I said it is because the previous two pages were spent discussing the cross over and what we need to do to get it.

But yeah the predictions too. I'm not ready to throw them out quite yet. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but if Edmonton and Winnipeg are fighting it out for first place after week 13 or so I will be surprised. Time will tell.

Edmonton at Winnipeg

• Bull On Parade - Drew Willy owns the hearts and minds of folks in Manitoba. The Former Buffalo Quarterback is 3-0 as a starter with two heart pounding comebacks under his belt. He is healthy and will once again get the start.
  • Last Week: Stop me if you heard this one before; Drew Willy led his team to a come from behind victory which featured a near perfect late fourth quarter drive. This was not Buffalo back in 2008 nor was it last week against Ottawa. The Legend of Drew Willy continues to grow as he took down Chad Johnson and Montreal with a third down strike with under a minute left as the Blue Bombers beat Montreal.
  • This Week:Edmonton and Winnipeg are the only two 3-0 teams in the CFL after neither was seen as being too highly ranked when the season started. Suddenly this is an early game for the poll position in the Western division.
  • Expectation: Winnipeg has been playing with fire the last two weeks and as the saying goes eventually that kind of game will burn you and the Eskimos have been playing well enough to be the team that makes the Blue Bombers pay. Edmonton 27 - Winnipeg 22

http://www.ubbullrun.com/2014/7/16/5903601/week-three-cfl-action-winnipeg-vs-edmonton

Edmonton at Winnipeg

• Bull On Parade - Drew Willy owns the hearts and minds of folks in Manitoba. The Former Buffalo Quarterback is 3-0 as a starter with two heart pounding comebacks under his belt. He is healthy and will once again get the start.
  • Last Week: Stop me if you heard this one before; Drew Willy led his team to a come from behind victory which featured a near perfect late fourth quarter drive. This was not Buffalo back in 2008 nor was it last week against Ottawa. The Legend of Drew Willy continues to grow as he took down Chad Johnson and Montreal with a third down strike with under a minute left as the Blue Bombers beat Montreal.
  • This Week:Edmonton and Winnipeg are the only two 3-0 teams in the CFL after neither was seen as being too highly ranked when the season started. Suddenly this is an early game for the poll position in the Western division.
  • Expectation: Winnipeg has been playing with fire the last two weeks and as the saying goes eventually that kind of game will burn you and the Eskimos have been playing well enough to be the team that makes the Blue Bombers pay. Edmonton 27 - Winnipeg 22

http://www.ubbullrun.com/2014/7/16/5903601/week-three-cfl-action-winnipeg-vs-edmonton

Is there a 'Not Like This' button somewhere ?

Edmonton at Winnipeg

Is there a 'Not Like This' button somewhere ?

I hope I am wrong but the Bombers have had a lot of spectacular and rare special teams / defensive scoring help them win over the past two weeks.. Ill still be watching and rooting Blue..

I say we do what teams did to us when we had Odell at DE, Run the ball at him repeatedly till he is either forced to slow down his pass rush or he is taken out.

Not a bad idea, Willis is as averse to making an actual tackle as Grigsby is to fighting through contract.

Oh man...Grigsby is already asking for more money?

From what I hear there is PI on most pass plays. So we pay huge amount of money for very talented receivers than we will restrict their ability to do their job? Both calls in Friday were interference. Denmark was held for way too long and our guy did not even turn around to see where the ball was before the push on the chest.

And what happens if you restrict the number of calls they can make. After the they have used their one chance they just open the flood gates. The refs and the review people will have to redefine what a PI should be and go from there.

The teams waste a lot more time on penalties than they do on PI's The number of total challenges has not changed, just what is challenged. Doug Brown makes it sound as if a team can just sit on the 55 and throw all night in the end zone and get a break every time getting the PI review.

How many times have we seen guys crying blue murder in previous year when uncalled PI's had changed the outcome of a game? Remember that?