Wpg v. Edm

Floyd

Oshea says same lineup for the Esks

Cordarro Howard is our new Shannon Boatman...  guess we'll see just how well Wylie can pull an OL together

Should be an entire night of Odell spin moves on Knapp and Marcus Howard bull rushes, expect quite a few stunts to test Cordarro and Neufeld

Grigsby needs to be in this game early or Willy is going to get Odelled

And if we leave the flats open like last game, let's hope Bowman has the dropsies.

Edit:  My apologies to Howard, he did get better as the game went on

Howard wasn't bad outside of the penalties, only watched the game live though.  Neufeld was fairly poor, giving up his inside gap a lot vs Montreal's stunts.  I suspect Edmonton will use stunts and blitzes to try to isolate Neufeld with Sewell, and capitalizing on a preoccupation with Sewell to open up inside gaps for blitzes and Willis looping through on stunts.  Neufeld needs to have a good game because Jones isn't just going to send the guys you expect through the gaps they're lined up in and maybe throw a LB or HB on a blitz once and awhile, it will be psychological warfare.

I'll be pretty disappointed if Aaron Woods isn't back on the roster.  How many turnovers will it take?

Howard wasn't bad outside of the penalties, only watched the game live though. Neufeld was fairly poor, giving up his inside gap a lot vs Montreal's stunts. I suspect Edmonton will use stunts and blitzes to try to isolate Neufeld with Sewell, and capitalizing on a preoccupation with Sewell to open up inside gaps for blitzes and Willis looping through on stunts. Neufeld needs to have a good game because Jones isn't just going to send the guys you expect through the gaps their lined up in and maybe throw a LB or HB on a blitz once and awhile, it will be psychological warfare.

I'll be pretty disappointed if Aaron Woods isn't back on the roster. How many turnovers will it take?

O'Shea said same lineup so that means no Aaron Woods. I'm disappointed by that decision too.

"if you were expecting head coach Mike O'Shea to call out Washington after the game, you were looking in the wrong place."

"We put him back out there because we trust him and he's the guy who's going to get us field position and get us out of jam," said O'Shea.

"All he's trying to do is make plays for his team."

Wpg Free Press

Although I don't expect Wash. to handle punts, I'm sure we'll see him on kickoffs.

​Regarding Howardif you listen to O'Shea's interview on the BB site, it sounds as if Howard didn't necessarily have a bad game other than the mental errors on procedure.

I believe the Bombers are fully aware of the shatstorm that is called the Edmonton Defence and the whirlwind style that they play.

It won't be an easy test, but then neither was Montreal's game style.

Bashing on Howard, overlooks the point, that the entire middle of the OL....did not play very well.  Pretty sure this staff understands, that we have to do a better job of protecting Willy....because this OB will get it done for us....if he gets an even chance...

I suspect we will see the same kind of game against Edmonton as was played against Montreal. Edmonton will blitz, blitz, blitz but does not have the running threat. Our O-line has to be a lot better but our D-line should have an easier time of it. The game is likely to go right down to the wire.

Edmonton should win this game, you guys don't get it - Reilly hasn't played great yet, their Defense is literally winning the games for them. If Reilly starts playing like he can, they'll be blowing teams out (well, they kinda blew out Ottawa in the second half). 

I think Winnipeg's weaknesses will be really exposed but...... O'Shea knows Jones too. Expect some trick plays by us to keep the score close, but we'll still get beat. 

These teams are evenly matched. We complain about our OL? Well, the Eskimos aren't great, either. Call it a saw off. With Sherritt out, we have better linebackers. I like our secondary. Adarius Bowman is hit & miss. I like our receiving corps although Stamps & Coehoorn are tough to cover. Definetly think we have the better run & return game. 

Wpg - 2 pts.  Thats what matters here.  It could be 52-0, it could be 2-1, all that matters is that we come out with the 2 pts for the win.

Seriously though, guessing 27 - 24 Wpg

Concerned with the offensive game planning from the last game, hoping we get our crap together.

Edmonton does not stack the line on a consistent basis like Montreal does. It dramatically limits your options as a play caller. We'll have more to choose from on Thursday considering the difference in styles.

Given our lack of adjustment, maybe they will.

Edmonton should win this game, you guys don't get it - Reilly hasn't played great yet, their Defense is literally winning the games for them. If Reilly starts playing like he can, they'll be blowing teams out (well, they kinda blew out Ottawa in the second half). 

I think Winnipeg's weaknesses will be really exposed but...... O'Shea knows Jones too. Expect some trick plays by us to keep the score close, but we'll still get beat. 

Reilly is an average to good QB.  Still not really making progress from there in year 2 so far, and they've played some really bad teams that he could have had a field day against.  They would have lost to BC and Hamilton without herculean efforts from their D to turn the ball over and score points.  He's been more consistently good this year, less hit or miss, but you can tell he's still making all his reads with the ball in his hand, and that's not a good thing, especially behind Rosie O'Donnell.  Their offence doesn't scare me one bit.  I guess you can roll with the if _______________ plays like he can, he'll dominate the CFL.

More worried about their defense and it's unpredictable nature.  I'm hoping this is the week that Cotton is freed, because Jones' scheme is pretty susceptible to the run.