Wpg v. Edm

Floyd

Re-watched our offence thanks to USAbomberfan.. awesome job

MB called a decent game... I would say his 3rd quarter adjustments threw him off a bit - went too conservative...  our double tight-end formations are not producing results

And yes Cordarro Howard got better as the game went on... Neufeld got worse, looked like he ran out of steam

Knapp was actually our worst OL... just did not have enough strength to handle the rush, got suckered into stunts a lot

Really liked Grigsby's game - no way he should lose his starting spot... huge improvement in blocking and in a few games, he will really look like Blink - on his good days...

That last drive definitely does not get 'old'...  

Concerns are MB's half-time adjustments and the right side of our OL - that's not too bad at all...  still want to see Jarvis Jones at RT though

Edmonton should win this game, you guys don't get it - Reilly hasn't played great yet

I would say that you don't get it. You can count the amount of "great" games Reilly has had in his career on one hand so far. He is a consistently very average QB who has a great game few and far between. We may not win, but more than likely it will not be because of Mike Reilly.

Interesting stats here

Edmonton has played BC,HAM,OTT.. combined record of 1-6, 2 teams with ZERO WINS, one team just one their first game this past weekend (bc)

Winnipeg has played TOR,OTT,MTL... Combined record of 2-6.. Yup.. only Ottawa is winless on the year

None of the teams Edmonton played had a win when they played Edmonton.. they were all 0 for at the time...Montreal just came off a win last week...

I'm not overly worried here, I do think Reilly is a tad over-rated, I mean what has he done to earn this love? Edmonton wasn't much better than we were last season. I'd argue Edmonton has played the 3 worst teams in the league, I'd argue that we haven't. We have only played one of the worst teams in the league LOL.

Edmonton has faced Glenn (backup qb), Collaros(also lefevour and masoli(backups)) and Burris

Ray,Burris,Smith... say what you will but we have faced the better qb's and the better teams.. Edmonton has yet to play a team who actually won a game when they played them...

DLINE is strong but... they have yet to face a good offence, we are a good offence, actually we have the most points scored so far by a wide margin. Edmonton has looked good against 3 teams i'd ranked as the bottom 3 teams in the league at this point. 

Im concerned about their Dline vs our OL. Washington better not *** it up this time

I like Grigsby... I'd like to see some pro sets with Grigsby and Cotton both in the backfield. They both have some serious speed.

Happy we're not taking Cotton off the roster, but lets use him this week

Edmonton gets lots of pressure but the don't do it the same way that Montreal does.  That gives them the ability to get turnovers.  If we keep the turnovers down, and we have all year, we will limit their effectiveness.  If we start turning the ball over, it could snowball.

Reilly hasn't had any great games this year, but he can hurt you with both his arm and his running ability.  Stamps and Bowman give them some serious receiving threats, but they don't run the ball very well and that's one place our D is weak.  

All in all Edmonton is the best team we've faced so far.  It should be a great game.

Edmonton should win this game, you guys don't get it - Reilly hasn't played great yet

I would say that you don't get it. You can count the amount of "great" games Reilly has had in his career on one hand so far. He is a consistently very average QB who has a great game few and far between. We may not win, but more than likely it will not be because of Mike Reilly.

What I mean is Reilly hasn't been good at all. That's what's scaring me. The Defense has been great here. Juran is right, Eskies should have lost to Hamilton, and did get lucky against B.C. Defense won the first two games (though I'll argue it was a bad throw by Masoli - his guy was WIDE open in the end zone all he had to do was lob it up for him, instead he threw it on a line and the eskie player deflected it just enough). 

My point is if Reilly has a good game, coupled with that defense, Eskies will win. It should be interesting because our defense starts slow, and Reilly and his offense are even slower starters (2 points against Ottawa in first half and they were booed off the field). 

This will be an interesting game - if Reilly wakes up eskies win. If the eskies start slow again, they won't get the drop on the Wpg D in the second half, bombers should win then. That's all I'm saying - just watch for Reilly's start. 

Both teams have been lucky (or fortunate, whatever you prefer) to win a couple of their games. Winnipeg is the only one of the two that has really put the boots to another team and I'd say the quality of their competition has been tougher as well.

Mike Reilly and Drew Willy have more or less been a wash. I'd definitely give the nod to Willy so far, but it's been close. Reilly is more of a threat on the run, Willy has been a more effective passer to this point.

I don't think it's going to come down to the QB so much as it's going to come down to who plays better defense and who earns better field position. Both teams have some absolute ballers in the secondary and the defensive line. Edmonton's secondary with Burnett, Grymes and Watkins matches up well and I really do think this will be a game where not having Cory Watson will hurt us. I won't be surprised to see Willy rely on JFG and Nick Moore to move the chains in the intermediate game instead of trying to stretch the field. I think this would also be a good game to get Cotton AND Grigsby involved.

The big hope for me is that we contain Bowman and Stamps. Bruce Johnson and Demond Washington will have a big task ahead of them but they've done a good job to date. Bruce Johnson especially. 6 tackles in the opener as he got picked on in his debut. He hasn't been giving much up since. Teams really are picking on Bucknor a little bit so let's hope he comes to play.

I don't think it's going to come down to the QB so much as it's going to come down to who plays better defense and who earns better field position.

Well ultimately I think it comes down to which qb makes less mistakes... but you probably just said as much in a different way.

Still hard to believe one of them will be 4-0 after this week.  

It's not like Montreal's dline is something to scoff at, so although I think the Eskimos defensive line is very good, and our oline will struggle, it will be close.  Hopefully if we establish the run (Grigsby only rushed six times according to the stats...?  I know he caught a few in the backfield which cuts into actual carries, but still) we can come out on top.

To me, it boils down to our running game.

If we game-plan a smart, running-based attack featuring Nic Grigsby and maybe….Paris Cotton, I can see a disruption in the force, and hopefully, tiring the line and therefore, the rush.

Time to go back to the running/screen game.

The absence of Sherritt certainly wouldn't hurt us.

Both teams have been lucky (or fortunate, whatever you prefer) to win a couple of their games. Winnipeg is the only one of the two that has really put the boots to another team and I'd say the quality of their competition has been tougher as well.

Mike Reilly and Drew Willy have more or less been a wash. I'd definitely give the nod to Willy so far, but it's been close. Reilly is more of a threat on the run, Willy has been a more effective passer to this point.

I don't think it's going to come down to the QB so much as it's going to come down to who plays better defense and who earns better field position. Both teams have some absolute ballers in the secondary and the defensive line. Edmonton's secondary with Burnett, Grymes and Watkins matches up well and I really do think this will be a game where not having Cory Watson will hurt us. I won't be surprised to see Willy rely on JFG and Nick Moore to move the chains in the intermediate game instead of trying to stretch the field. I think this would also be a good game to get Cotton AND Grigsby involved.

The big hope for me is that we contain Bowman and Stamps. Bruce Johnson and Demond Washington will have a big task ahead of them but they've done a good job to date. Bruce Johnson especially. 6 tackles in the opener as he got picked on in his debut. He hasn't been giving much up since. Teams really are picking on Bucknor a little bit so let's hope he comes to play.

And that's what I have liked to see from Willy so far.  He always keeps his eyes downfield.  That said, I think Willy has had some opportunities to run that he hasn't quite capitalized on. It was good to see him do it in the final drive last night.

Meanwhile...

CFL Official Feed ‏@CFL 19s

THIS JUST IN: Jeremiah Masoli will start for the @Ticats in Week 4. Details to come. #CFL

Stamps easily get to 3-0. :angry:

You think the stamps were in danger of losing to the ticats even with Collaros? The way the Stamps easily handled the argos with all those guys missing I don't give the tabbies much chance here.