Butchko Recommends Firing Mack *update Buchko Resigns & Mack Fired Wade Miller Hired As Acting Ceo*

holoman

The leak is either:

- someone wants Mack gone and leaking it makes it pretty hard to keep him (not to mention why does he CEO need board approval?)

- someone wants to keep Mack and is angry that the board is considering firing him.

- Buchko leaked the news knowing no one would suspect him since he's on vacation. But I have to assume if he was going to leak it would be to CjoB not TSN

Wouldn't surprise me if the leaker is pissed that were going to dwiddle our thumbs for the entire bye week while the CEO is on vacation and then fire the GM. If Buchko wants Mack gone he should be fired this last Tuesday morning. Period.

I like Mack. And it's not just QB. It's the entire offense. It's lack of coaching depth. Walters might show more than people think.

Another guy I'm interested in is actually John Murphy.

Mainly because I like who his choice for a head coach would be. He still strikes me as more of a scout than anything. But I like the idea of Dickenson+Dickenson on our sideline and that's what JM would want.

John Murphy would be a good choice. Higgins is working for the league office for a reason. Average coach, not really a personnel/scout type.

(not to mention why does he CEO need board approval?)

because that's how businesses are always operated. If a big move like that is to be made it has to clear the board. I would imagine unless there's a real power play by the board that it would be more of a rubber stamp type approval anyway, at least I hope it would be. If the CEO wants to make changes then let him make changes otherwise why did you hire him? 

Regardless, they need to take care of this **** show ASAP, one way or another. Either can him or don't, but the speculation is only going to do further damage. I can't stand the negativity surrounding this team, and how it makes us look throughout the league...

OK, so now we have pay a GM to not show up next year...for starters.

Then we have the entire coaching staff now on hold, wondering what the H is going on with the team they "might" have employment with.

Study game film, prepare the next game plan (sneak in time for a quick resume) and double check your roster to see if you have recently acquired Chris Leak by any chance.

We need a better system than the board as well.

David Asper and his siblings ran Daddy's empire into the ground and he messed up on the stadium build and yet he's on the board?

Phil Sheegl has been a part of the mess that is city hall as Winnipeg's Cao.

Vince Barletta, provincial bureucrat.

OK, so now we have pay a GM to not show up next year...for starters.

Then we have the entire coaching staff now on hold, wondering what the H is going on with the team they "might" have employment with.

Study game film, prepare the next game plan (sneak in time for a quick resume) and double check your roster to see if you have recently acquired Chris Leak by any chance.

There is no doubt in my mind that we will have a new head coach next season and likely new assistants as well except maybe for a couple spots. No GM is going to come here and be saddled with these coaches. If these coaches were good enough the GM wouldn't be on his way out the door. 

I'd be surprised if they fired Mack mid season....  I also supported the guy but ultimately for me it was him not bringing in any new o-linemen this year that really made me lose hope.    Also getting rid of Elliott was still a big no no IMO.    Crowton and sticking with Buck to me was all on Lapo/Burke....

My suspicion is there are board members who prefered to not fire Mack till the end of the season .So you leak the info to make it public and force the rest of the boards hand.Poorly handled? A little underhanded? Yup! But what is done is done and this was inevitable to all but the blind.. Lets move on and hope we finaly roll the GM dice correctly.

Holy crap is Bob Irving ever going off on the Bomber board right now. If you're missing this, you need to check out the audio vault on CJOB at some point for the 6 o'clock hour. Hard to disagree with anything he says.

you know you ****** up bad if Bob Irving is tearing a strip off you