Butchko Recommends Firing Mack *update Buchko Resigns & Mack Fired Wade Miller Hired As Acting Ceo*

holoman

are you and Higgins secret lovers or something?  :D

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Nah, just beating the drum. Saw the guy's work first hand here in Calgary. When I see some of the names people are throwing out with no experience, I just shake my head as we have gone down the same road so may times before & we're still lost as a team.

well here's something.... what is the GM hears the rumours he's being fired and decided to go out in the blaze of sour grapes and starts gutting the roster just for spite? I don't believe he'd do that, but it's the risks you take when you leak **** like that. 

I think if he did that it would probably prevent him working somewhere else as football is a closed community & word gets around. Plus mack has been a football man his entire working life so why jeopardize a life's work? EVERYBODY has been fired in football. They all get it. Close the door one place & open it somewhere else.

Crap. Hope (if true) that Higgins is the next GM. He brings a lot to the table and is a classy guy to boot.

Part of me wishes the BOD turn the tables on Botchko and turf him instead of Mack though ;)

That would be such a "Blue Bombers" thing to do.  Leak to the press that a guy is getting fired, then fire his boss instead.

Hope you're right. He's my first choice. 

Even though he's not as "sexy" a choice as some of the others, we really need some stability and experience in the big chair. 

Your "misses the sidelines" is a bit of a red flag to me -- I hope he's smart enough to hire an O-minded coach and then focus on finding players, not meddling on the field. 

Stability and experience would serve the Bombers so good right now...

I'd like our next GM to be someone who has been a part of the CFL landscape for years.  To have the connections to bring in the best coaches.  To know the game well enough to know if it is your QB that is the problem, your OL, your coaching, etc.  To know my competition and the market well enough to be able to enter into a trade to get guys that can help us, rather than avoiding trades like a dirty word. 

Higgins is my #1 choice, and Database is #2 right now.  Not that Mike Murphy couldn't be great... but because I'd err on the side of a longtime CFL guy with connections and knowledge from across the league... to replace a longtime NFL guy (Mack) who seemingly didn't foster those relationships.

If Higgins was interested in Ottawa, Regina 2 years ago and WPG 3 years ago, I'd say we can get him.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/11/23/exclusive-cfl-director-of-officiating-tom-higgins-wants-to-be-ottawa-teams-gm

http://globalnews.ca/news/1785/tom-higgins-interested-in-roughriders-vacant-gm-position/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/story/2010/01/04/sp-cfl-bluebombers-higgins.html?ref=rss

I say also that the timing is right because we have the possible opportunity to trade for a QB and it appears that no one will trade with Mack.