Butchko Recommends Firing Mack *update Buchko Resigns & Mack Fired Wade Miller Hired As Acting Ceo*

holoman

People are way over reacting the Bombers current state. This isn't like when Mike Kelly gutted the team and this isn't like when Taman locked up all our salary money on old crusty players.

We have a really young team, lots of talent in various positions, we have depth , draft picks and should have lots of free room under the cap.

Truly all we need is a few guys on the o line, qb stability, and a good oc.

People are way over reacting on the current state. Remember if we had someone average like Glenn and say Doug berry has our oc.... We would of won our first three games easily.

I'm hoping they bring in a gm who won't take other teams scraps (boatman) and who will bring in guys to compete on a regular basis.

Burke can only stay of he gives full control of the offense to somebody who knows what they are doing. I.e somebody who will bench Pierce and not flip flop on him.

You had me all the way up to Burke staying.  Can't get on board with that.  He's just too awful at head coach.  One of the bright spots in this gong show is that for once we have the opportunity to rebuild the right way - the CEO will pick his GM and the GM will pick his HC.  Everyone on the same page with the same vision.  Too often teams fire one guy and have the new hire inherit other pieces. 

You had me all the way up to Burke staying.  Can't get on board with that.  He's just too awful at head coach.  One of the bright spots in this gong show is that for once we have the opportunity to rebuild the right way - the CEO will pick his GM and the GM will pick his HC.  Everyone on the same page with the same vision.  Too often teams fire one guy and have the new hire inherit other pieces. 

I don't follow... Mack hired LaPo, fired him & promoted Burke so the coaches were his guys. It's not the CEO that hires the HC, the Board (shudder) does.

There are very few if any things that could make me question my fandom but Troy Westwood being relied on to provide an educated decision on the future of the Bombers would be near the top of the list.

Yeah this is what scares me too.  If Westwood thinks Wade being made CEO is a good thing, it makes me question if it really IS a good thing.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/blue-board-unmitigated-disaster-218952821.html

Boards don't decide how many water bottles should be purchased and what football personnel should be released. They hire qualified people and then get out of the way to let them do their jobs. Doesn't matter if it's building buses, printing newspapers or fielding a football team. It's the tried and true business model.

The Bombers board members, most of them successful in their own businesses, fully know this. But a small number of them want to control the football team as if it is their own.

I wonder who Lawless is talking about ???

/sarcasm

That's priceless, isn't it.

I hope Miller doesn`t poke his nose into the football business once things are settled(assuming he keeps the job) otherwise our mistakes are destined to repeat themselves.

Amen to that.

How do you explain the first two-three games with no banged up receivers and a healthy running back? How about that the run game has been better with Goltz under center?

I'm pretty sure that both Edwards & Mathews were banged up coming out of camp, add in the max protection package and no commitment to the run and you get what you got. But really at the end of the day it's Crowton not knowing how to make any sort of adjustments that is really handicapping the offense. I think you're right about the run game opening up more with Goltz at QB though but he isn't stuck in a max protection scheme either. Odds are, Buck will just get injured again if they let him play in the same offense as Goltz, heck even Goltz is hurting now on a wonkie ankle, that's football.