Butchko Recommends Firing Mack *update Buchko Resigns & Mack Fired Wade Miller Hired As Acting Ceo*

holoman

How about sticking with Walters as GM and Moll as player personnel director?  I feel like Moll has done his job pretty well.

I like that Walters has experience as a player, as a coach, as an AGM, and running a college football program.  He might be a better fit than people think.

The professional thing to do would be to keep the discussion internal so that all parties involved could get the information in a similar timeframe.  Leaking it like this puts undue pressure on Board members and, depending on how maleable that person is, can bias their decision.  It's also a bit of a farce that Mack (regardless of how you feel about him) has to hear about his impending demise through a gossip column. 

People like to complain about professionalism (whether it's a coach, a player or other parts of the organization) .. this is yet another example where the Board falls short .. do you think True North would air their dirty laundry in the media?  Likely not.

The professional thing to do would be to keep the discussion internal so that all parties involved could get the information in a similar timeframe.  Leaking it like this puts undue pressure on Board members and, depending on how maleable that person is, can bias their decision.  It's also a bit of a farce that Mack (regardless of how you feel about him) has to hear about his impending demise through a gossip column. 

People like to complain about professionalism (whether it's a coach, a player or other parts of the organization) .. this is yet another example where the Board falls short .. do you think True North would air their dirty laundry in the media?  Likely not.

This is the problem with a publicly owned team & a Board with someone who can't keep his mouth shut. A private owner would just fire the guy & be done with it. Not have someone leak it to the media that Mack's gone next Tuesday. One of three things is going to happen now, the BOD get cold feet & don't fire him, two, they fire him in an emergency meeting before Tuesday or they ride it out & do it then. I'll be glad when Mack is gone but this seems so heartless. Even I have feelings for the man & how bush league this is. The best thing to do, if they are going to fire him (now that is has gone public) is have a conference call today & get it done. And yeah, remove the snake from the Board who talked to Lawless. Inexcusable.

I would like Murphy. He'd get the warm bodies into camp and I suspect he wouldn't meddle on the field. He'd be my #2 after Higgins, maybe even 1B.

Chris Jones as GM? Are you off your rocker? That guy appears to have some control issues to boot 

Jones is loyal to no one but himself.

If Higgins was a realistic option, I'd be in favor.

I don't think he's interested, though.

Higgins misses the sidelines. He took the Head of Ref job with the CFL to stay close to the game. If the position becomes available, he'll go after it.  Especially as GM.

Barker said when he left Winnipeg after his interview and read about things said in the confines of the interview the next day in the paper he didn't want the job. That should tell people something.

This isn't true.  He's on record as saying, as recently as last year, he really wanted the job in Winnipeg.  Not sure where you got this.

Higgins misses the sidelines. He took the Head of Ref job with the CFL to stay close to the game. If the position becomes available, he'll go after it.  Especially as GM.

Hope you're right. He's my first choice. 

Even though he's not as "sexy" a choice as some of the others, we really need some stability and experience in the big chair. 

Your "misses the sidelines" is a bit of a red flag to me -- I hope he's smart enough to hire an O-minded coach and then focus on finding players, not meddling on the field. 

As much as I've supported Mack in the past ... and I do feel like a lot of the criticism he receives is unwarranted ...

I can only be so patient with the one glaring thing he's failed to address. If he can't get it together and piece together a capable offense after four years, it's time for him to go.

Couldn't agree more.  Love how Mack turned our NI content around... but we've been one of the 2 weakest franchises in the CFL 3 of his 4 years, because we cannot generate offense.  His failures to address QB and offensive game planning are his downfalls. 

Couldn't agree more.  Love how Mack turned our NI content around... but we've been one of the 2 weakest franchises in the CFL 3 of his 4 years, because we cannot generate offense.  His failures to address QB and offensive game planning are his downfalls. 

Not trading away all of our draft picks every year can really pay benefits for you down the road. 

Hope you're right. He's my first choice. 

Even though he's not as "sexy" a choice as some of the others, we really need some stability and experience in the big chair. 

Your "misses the sidelines" is a bit of a red flag to me -- I hope he's smart enough to hire an O-minded coach and then focus on finding players, not meddling on the field. 

In Calgary, he was GM & HC & did a very good job handling both. Higgins is one of the few people out there who could do both jobs well because he finds excellent assistants & lets them do their jobs. And he knows all 3 facets of the game very well. There'd be none of this, "I don't know offense" crap coming from him. He's not a control freak but at the same time, he's the boss. He trusts the people he hires will do their jobs. Like I said, watching him turn the Stamps around so quickly from a disaster in 2004 to a second place team in the West in 2005 was impressive.

In Calgary, he was GM & HC & did a very good job handling both. Higgins is one of the few people out there who could do both jobs well because he finds excellent assistants & lets them do their jobs. And he knows all 3 facets of the game very well. There'd be none of this, "I don't know offense" crap coming from him. He's not a control freak but at the same time, he's the boss. He trusts the people he hires will do their jobs. Like I said, watching him turn the Stamps around so quickly from a disaster in 2004 to a second place team in the West in 2005 was impressive.

are you and Higgins secret lovers or something?  :D

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

This leak and 'impending' firing is bullfrog.

Do it....or don't do it, but to drag it out is s_t_u_p_i_d.

Listen, I don't know what's in the works as far as scouting NFL cuts and talking with potential neg. list personnel but I would suspect there is some on-going activity and there might even be some on-going trade talks.

Now what?

Mack should have been talked to and these things figured out before this info. came out.

What did you think Barker was going to say? R u kidding. Not like some he gave the politically correct answer. People in the football business know while you have a job never close doors or stopping worrying about your next job. Just look at the recycling that goes on in an 8 team league.

This leak and 'impending' firing is bullfrog.

Do it....or don't do it, but to drag it out is s_t_u_p_i_d.

Listen, I don't know what's in the works as far as scouting NFL cuts and talking with potential neg. list personnel but I would suspect there is some on-going activity and there might even be some on-going trade talks.

Now what?

Mack should have been talked to and these things figured out before this info. came out.

well here's something.... what is the GM hears the rumours he's being fired and decided to go out in the blaze of sour grapes and starts gutting the roster just for spite? I don't believe he'd do that, but it's the risks you take when you leak **** like that. 

What did you think Barker was going to say? R u kidding. Not like some he gave the politically correct answer. People in the football business know while you have a job never close doors or stopping worrying about your next job. Just look at the recycling that goes on in an 8 team league.

So you admit that you basically just pulled your last post out of your ass?