Butchko Recommends Firing Mack *update Buchko Resigns & Mack Fired Wade Miller Hired As Acting Ceo*

holoman

Another guy I'm interested in is actually John Murphy.

Mainly because I like who his choice for a head coach would be. He still strikes me as more of a scout than anything. But I like the idea of Dickenson+Dickenson on our sideline and that's what JM would want.

I say we hire this guy

07612c0d2b0a2292a75ff8efeca1f359ef933e08

But in all seriousness, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Mike Murphy.

Guys at the top of our list should be Higgins, John Muprhy, Mike Murphy, Neil McEvoy, etc.

Higgins would get my vote as of right now, mainly due to him having success as a gm in this league.

Dave and I were saying: "Watch 'em hire Forde in the off-season, just to keep Lawless happy and then eff the rest of us in the ass..." Ugh...

If they hire Forde I am cheering for the Lions.  I'm done with experiments at GM.  Hiring that guy would be such a sop to the media and the soft-brained fools who think that just because a guy commentates on TSN he knows what he is doing. 

Mack 2.0 would look awful good if he would be less stubborn about the QB position.

Mike Murphy understands the importance of Canadian talent, that much is certain. He's got a background as an offensive coach.

I'm interested.

Interested yes.  But I would want to sniff around the hot shot candidates first.  Maybe see if someone comes loose. 

Mainly because I like who his choice for a head coach would be. He still strikes me as more of a scout than anything. But I like the idea of Dickenson+Dickenson on our sideline and that's what JM would want.

he may want it, but I doubt Dickenson the ex-QB is interested in moving to Winnipeg.

I wouldn't be opposed to Murphy if he's got the qualifications, but I would much rather see them go with a guy with some recent CFL experience. If Higgins isn't interested then guys like John Murphy or Chris Jones would be guys I would seriously consider. 

True.  But he's got a lot more experience in football than Duane Forde.

I'm personally glad the Bombers didn't bring in Forde. Initally thought he would have been a decent hire as AGM, but his demands were nuts.

I wouldn't be opposed to Murphy if he's got the qualifications, but I would much rather see them go with a guy with some recent CFL experience. If Higgins isn't interested then guys like John Murphy or Chris Jones would be guys I would seriously consider. 

I would like Murphy. He'd get the warm bodies into camp and I suspect he wouldn't meddle on the field. He'd be my #2 after Higgins, maybe even 1B.

Chris Jones as GM? Are you off your rocker? That guy appears to have some control issues to boot 

If it's his shot at a HC job, he would be.

Huffer's too smart to let Dickenson go.  If he sees Dickenson being offered a HC job in Winnipeg, I could see him stepping back from the HC duties in Calgary ala Wally last year just to keep Dickenson from going elsewhere.  He'd be nuts to let Dickenson come to Winnipeg.

Chris Jones as GM? Are you off your rocker? That guy appears to have some control issues to boot 

why not? He's already heavily involved in it in Toronto and has always seemed to be good at that aspect. It's where he wants to wind up and considering that there's not a hell of a lot of good candidates currently in the CFL I'd take that gamble. 

Huffer's too smart to let Dickenson go.  If he sees Dickenson being offered a HC job in Winnipeg, I could see him stepping back from the HC duties in Calgary ala Wally last year just to keep Dickenson from going elsewhere.  He'd be nuts to let Dickenson come to Winnipeg.

Yeah, could see that happening. Guaranteed Huff and DD have had a similar conversation already. 

Sign me up for either Murphy.

Even if Mike's resume is similar to Mack's, if Mack could have figured out QB and HC then he'd be fine. They are the two biggest challenges.

I'm not convinced that he didn't have the qb thing on the right track but it got torpedoed by his coaching choices which were not good. Damned shame that cause he did a lot of great things with the roster. 

why not? He's already heavily involved in it in Toronto and has always seemed to be good at that aspect. It's where he wants to wind up and considering that there's not a hell of a lot of good candidates currently in the CFL I'd take that gamble. 

His rumoured personality issues would make me hesitant to give him a GM job. 

And we gambled with Kelly, and then with Mack.

Lets take a break from gambling for a bit until we have an ounce of respectablity. 

I can't say that he didn't get enough chances.  He blew it on the QB side.  I can't blame him for not getting Reilly and only an idiot would say that we could have gotten him, as there was no chance.  I do think that he should have grabbed Glenn when he had the chance.  Not finding a legit QB in four years would be any GM's downfall.  

I won't dump on a guy about to lose his job because I'm sure he made a good faith effort.  It will be interesting to see what they do in the interim here. 

It's kind of bush league for the  board member to leak this before the rest of the board has deliberated on Buchko's recommendation.

Bringing back Buck Pierce cost him any chance he had of retaining his job.

Some very valid points you guys made.

His rumoured personality issues would make me hesitant to give him a GM job. 

And we gambled with Kelly, and then with Mack.

Lets take a break from gambling for a bit until we have an ounce of respectablity. 

yeah but anyone you hire at this point is going to be a gamble

Mack 2.0 would look awful good if he would be less stubborn about the QB position.

Mike Murphy understands the importance of Canadian talent, that much is certain. He's got a background as an offensive coach.

I'm interested.

Well if they did hire Murphy we can still keep the IMWT :D                  What too soon?

Chris Jones' role as AGM in Toronto is in the area of player personnel and off season scouting. At some point people need to realize there is more to being a GM than player personnel.

so? any AGM isn't going to have GM experience either. I would think a guy like that would know how to look for head coaches and all that stuff. He knows about contract dealings and if he doesn't hire him an AGM that does. I'm not saying he's my first choice, I'm just saying he's someone who I'd look at.