Butchko Recommends Firing Mack *update Buchko Resigns & Mack Fired Wade Miller Hired As Acting Ceo*

holoman

I think if he did that it would probably prevent him working somewhere else as football is a closed community & word gets around. Plus mack has been a football man his entire working life so why jeopardize a life's work? EVERYBODY has been fired in football. They all get it. Close the door one place & open it somewhere else.

But it's not really that, it's the next move that might be in the works.

Nobody saying he's going to sabotage anything, but as of today...he owes the Bombers nothing of value that he has knowledge of.

I would have waited but am ok with the decision. Dislike how poorly this has been handled. Sad when you realize your team is run like a clown show.

Would like to see the safe, reliable Tom Higgins hired.

Higgins isn't known for making trades or any type of bold player moves, which this team desperately needs.

The way this BOD leak is exploding on Twitter, I think old Garth should just legally change his name to Botchko. 

Why is Buchko being blamed for this ? He wasn't the leak, it was a member of the B.O.D that opened their mouth to Lawless.

Garth did his job, he wants Mack fired, but needed approval from the board.

The Incompetent Dozen

Brock Bulbuck, Chairperson

David Asper, Vice Chair

Debbie Metcalfe, Secretary Treasurer

Bill Watchorn, Past Chair

Ossama AbouZeid

Vincent Barletta

Bob Cameron

Gene Dunn

Trevor Kennerd

Chrys Pappas

Phil Sheegl

Jeff Thompson

How are they supposed to fire the leak if no one knows who it is? One little rat boy flaps his gums to Lawless and the Bombers make an even bigger gong show out of this. Im all for removing the rat but there really isn't any way of identifying him unless Lawless give up his source and that aint gonna happen.

As for the new GM......Im all for McEvoy. 18 years with the Lions, and Wallys right hand man. Hes learned from one of the best, is Canadian, and knows the CFL and the role. IMO there really isn't any other option that would offer as much stability and experience.

The Incompetent Dozen

Brock Bulbuck, Chairperson

David Asper, Vice Chair

Debbie Metcalfe, Secretary Treasurer

Bill Watchorn, Past Chair

Ossama AbouZeid

Vincent Barletta

Bob Cameron

Gene Dunn

Trevor Kennerd

Chrys Pappas

Phil Sheegl

Jeff Thompson

No wonder they're so incompetent.  Half of them are morons and the other half are corrupt.  Plus two kickers.

Yes, I suppose. Though why is Botch making these calls before reportedly going on vaca?

"Hey, Board of Guys Who Can't Keep a Secret, I recommend we fire our GM...but not til net week as I have to take my kid to 6 Flags."

The Board has a scheduled meeting next week, don't think that Buchko's vacation has anything to do with it, but flame on.

Friesen suggesting on Twitter that the leak is Buchko himself, to take the heat off of him. Good Lord Paul....

Should we really expect anything less from Friesen.

The Board has a scheduled meeting next week, don't think that Buchko's vacation has anything to do with it, but flame on.

Should we really expect anything less from Friesen.

Exactly. Given the Board has a history of stuff like this, why not hold off on telling someone your recommendation?