Butchko Recommends Firing Mack *update Buchko Resigns & Mack Fired Wade Miller Hired As Acting Ceo*

holoman

I guess Mack is done.  I can't say that he didn't get enough chances.  He blew it on the QB side.  I can't blame him for not getting Reilly and only an idiot would say that we could have gotten him, as there was no chance.  I do think that he should have grabbed Glenn when he had the chance.  Not finding a legit QB in four years would be any GM's downfall.  Sayanora Mack!

I won't dump on a guy about to lose his job because I'm sure he made a good faith effort.  It will be interesting to see what they do in the interim here. 

On the one hand it gives a replacement 2/3 of a lost season to evaluate and begin to move his pieces in.  That helped Tillman and Sask win the Cup in '07.  On the other hand if it's just Walters treading water till Candidate X gets hired in November things could get even more ugly than the ugly they already are.  On the 3rd hand having a GM in charge who all but knows he's gone at the end of the year can be dangerous too.  And that's where this was heading. 

It's kind of bush league for the  board member to leak this before the rest of the board has deliberated on Buchko's recommendation.

Par for the course I guess though.

I hope Walters has the acuman to make some tough decisions that are coming up.

I wonder if we will still keep Ken Moll? (For now at least.)

It's kind of bush league for the  board member to leak this before the rest of the board has deliberated on Buchko's recommendation.

Par for the course I guess though.

I hope Walters has the acuman to make some tough decisions that are coming up.

I wonder if we will still keep Ken Moll? (For now at least.)

This. I'd like to see that clown step down IMMEDIATELY.

I think the director who leaked the info to Lawless should be the next to go. That's completely unacceptable. As a director you're bound by a confidentiality agreement that would preclude you to go public with that information until its voted on.

I won't dump on a guy about to lose his job because I'm sure he made a good faith effort.  It will be interesting to see what they do in the interim here. 

On the one hand it gives a replacement 2/3 of a lost season to evaluate and begin to move his pieces in.  That helped Tillman and Sask win the Cup in '07.  On the other hand if it's just Walters treading water till Candidate X gets hired in November things could get even more ugly than the ugly they already are.  On the 3rd hand having a GM in charge who all but knows he's gone at the end of the year can be dangerous too.  And that's where this was heading. 

He might've made "good faith" effort but I saw very little actual effort.

No moves for a QB, no action in free agency, little in the way of trades. Just some decent scouting but even that has slowed down. 

Now lets get someone proven behind the wheel. 

The amount of glee in Lawless' "voice" in this piece disgusts me. I really feel Joe Mack has done some great things in pulling this team outta the Mike Kelly fiasco, but at the end of the day, someone has to answer for the W/L record. I just really feel that waiting till the offseason is the right move.

The guy in the glasses in the post above me was a big fan of controlling the message. 

Has nothing to do with controlling a message .. it's about projecting a clear vision and ensuring goals (both short and long term) are well defined for both the organization and other stakeholders (fans). 

As much as I've supported Mack in the past ... and I do feel like a lot of the criticism he receives is unwarranted ...

I can only be so patient with the one glaring thing he's failed to address. If he can't get it together and piece together a capable offense after four years, it's time for him to go.

The only thing that helped Chia head win the Cup in 07 was Kevin Glenn breaking his arm.  The Riders weren't that good.  We would have clubbed them into the ground if we had had Glenn.

Fine.  I don't disagree with that.  But my point is it would be ideal if a new guy could get a 2/3 season head start on what he wants to accomplish here.  It would be nice is the 2014 season wasn't written off to assessment. 

Has nothing to do with controlling a message .. it's about projecting a clear vision and ensuring goals (both short and long term) are well defined for both the organization and other stakeholders (fans). 

Respectfully, don't be so naive. Lawless wasn't leaked this info cause they like the cut of his jelly jib.

They're sending a message that people are actually working to solve this sheet-show. 

Respectfully, don't be so naive. Lawless wasn't leaked this info cause they like the cut of his jelly jib.

They're sending a message that people are actually working to solve this sheet-show. 

Respectfully, they're sending a message that they have no respect for proper process and no clue how to be professional and handle things in an appropriate fashion.