Butchko Recommends Firing Mack *update Buchko Resigns & Mack Fired Wade Miller Hired As Acting Ceo*

holoman

As much as I've supported Mack in the past ... and I do feel like a lot of the criticism he receives is unwarranted ...

I can only be so patient with the one glaring thing he's failed to address. If he can't get it together and piece together a capable offense after four years, it's time for him to go.

I said last year that if he didn't hire a good head coach for this year then it'd cost him... and Burke isn't good enough as a head coach. Can give a guy a mulligan on Lapo but 2 duds at HC is just not going to cut it. That being said, I absolutely hate the timing and this just screams trying to appease the unruly mob. What in gods name is firing the GM going to accomplish now? The season isn't a write off, there's a ton of games left against Hamilton, Edmonton and Montreal, turning things around isn't that far fetched. 

I said last year that if he didn't hire a good head coach for this year then it'd cost him... and Burke isn't good enough as a head coach. Can give a guy a mulligan on Lapo but 2 duds at HC is just not going to cut it. That being said, I absolutely hate the timing and this just screams trying to appease the unruly mob. What in gods name is firing the GM going to accomplish now? The season isn't a write off, there's a ton of games left against Hamilton, Edmonton and Montreal, turning things around isn't that far fetched. 

The guy was as good as gone already. They need to find someone competent. Why not start now?

He's the GM, not the coach. Shouldn't have any effect on Burke and Crowton turning this season around, as clearly unlikely as that is. 

Respectfully, don't be so naive. Lawless wasn't leaked this info cause they like the cut of his jelly jib.

They're sending a message that people are actually working to solve this sheet-show. 

The professional thing to do would be to keep the discussion internal so that all parties involved could get the information in a similar timeframe.  Leaking it like this puts undue pressure on Board members and, depending on how maleable that person is, can bias their decision.  It's also a bit of a farce that Mack (regardless of how you feel about him) has to hear about his impending demise through a gossip column. 

People like to complain about professionalism (whether it's a coach, a player or other parts of the organization) .. this is yet another example where the Board falls short .. do you think True North would air their dirty laundry in the media?  Likely not.

The professional thing to do would be to keep the discussion internal so that all parties involved could get the information in a similar timeframe.  Leaking it like this puts undue pressure on Board members and, depending on how maleable that person is, can bias their decision.  It's also a bit of a farce that Mack (regardless of how you feel about him) has to hear about his impending demise through a gossip column. 

People like to complain about professionalism (whether it's a coach, a player or other parts of the organization) .. this is yet another example where the Board falls short .. do you think True North would air their dirty laundry in the media?  Likely not.

I don't disagree with you, though this is how the board has operated since I started paying attention. 

Alright, kid...fill in us unwashed masses.....and I should send a tweet to Rids about this, too...

Well, firstly ... I've known he's been a consideration if they ever replaced Mack for about a year now.

What should scare you, if anything, is that the same people who came up with Mack are coming up with Mike Murphy.

He's got a strong football IQ though and obviously, he's learned from one of the best. Oddly enough, he used to work for the Bombers as an assistant in the player personnel department during the 1989 season.

If Mack does indeed go, the onus is on the board to bring in a successful candidate.

If at that point the next candidate proves to be a dud, get a NEW BOARD.

Stop with the status quo of having a bunch of lame ducks picking the new lame duck.

I am excited to see a new direction for this team, but appreciate the work Mack has done with the draft/scouting.

Well, firstly ... I've known he's been a consideration if they ever replaced Mack for about a year now.

What should scare you, if anything, is that the same people who came up with Mack are coming up with Mike Murphy.

He's got a strong football IQ though and obviously, he's learned from one of the best. Oddly enough, he used to work for the Bombers as an assistant in the player personnel department during the 1989 season.

Mack 2.0

No thanks. 

If Higgins was a realistic option, I'd be in favor.

I don't think he's interested, though.

Dave and I were saying: "Watch 'em hire Forde in the off-season, just to keep Lawless happy and then eff the rest of us in the ass..." Ugh...