Arland Bruce, classy as always

O2L

I don't want to live in a world where jbr is from... You wouldn't be able to speak a word without offending someone.

Essentially every person on here would be labelled ignorant for the mean spirited things they have said about Mack, Burke, Kelly, Buck, Friesen etc...

You're right. There is no difference between judging people on their character, personality, judgement and poor management/writing and judging people based solely on elements of their humanity that they don't control like gender, race and sexuality.
You can have sex changes, change your outward appearance and you can choose your sexual preferences at any time. Your points are invalid.

Lots of people took personal shots at Kelly. How many fat jokes were cracked about Lawless. What Roberts and his personal life decisions we mocked in the past. Maybe he couldn't help chasing big girls and smoking all the time.

in your world these people didn't choose to be the way they are.

I wish that were true...would have led to fewer awkward moments for me on the beach as a 14 year-old whenever hot girls were around. 

Homophobia is, by all reports, a BIG thing in the NFL, NBA and MLB, so it wouldn't be a big stretch to see Sam get drafted in late rounds and decide to come to CFL in order to make his rep and force the NFL to notice him. It happened to Doug Flutie, Warren Moon and other players who did not fit the NFL profile.

The US of A  is a very regressive place in many instances. All you need do is get off the interstates in Alabama or Mississippi and visit some of the small towns.

Troy Westwood talked about this yesterday and agrees that Sam will have trouble with many players.  He talked about the influence of American players on the CFL and their Christian faith, though clearly they choose certain aspects of Christianity to embrace.  There are still racists among us today but we dont tolerate it in police society.  No doubt racists exist in pro sports but overt racism is simply not tolerated.

Is Bruce an idiot?  Absolutely.  He's actually a two-time loser.  1) for having those backwards opinions and 2) for being stupid enough to express them in public. 

Yes, because every American who identifies himself as devout Christian is homophobic.

Troy should stick to discussing what he knows best. Which is.....?

If you want to be moved to tears, go to Gay Pride in New York City and see the support/love the Christian gay community receives. 

There is certainly still homophobia in sports but it is in the minority, and shrinking, thank God. 

Homophobia is, by all reports, a BIG thing in the NFL, NBA and MLB, so it wouldn't be a big stretch to see Sam get drafted in late rounds and decide to come to CFL in order to make his rep and force the NFL to notice him. It happened to Doug Flutie, Warren Moon and other players who did not fit the NFL profile.

The US of A  is a very regressive place in many instances. All you need do is get off the interstates in Alabama or Mississippi and visit some of the small towns.

Troy Westwood talked about this yesterday and agrees that Sam will have trouble with many players.  He talked about the influence of American players on the CFL and their Christian faith, though clearly they choose certain aspects of Christianity to embrace.  There are still racists among us today but we dont tolerate it in police society.  No doubt racists exist in pro sports but overt racism is simply not tolerated.

Is Bruce an idiot?  Absolutely.  He's actually a two-time loser.  1) for having those backwards opinions and 2) for being stupid enough to express them in public. 

Yes, because every American who identifies himself as devout Christian is homophobic.

Troy should stick to discussing what he knows best. Which is.....?

If you want to be moved to tears, go to Gay Pride in New York City and see the support/love the Christian gay community receives. 

There is certainly still homophobia in sports but it is in the minority, and shrinking, thank God. 

i never said all Christians were homophobic.  A lot of them are.  Listen to Troy's remarks before criticising.  He was on point.

Im religous but not an avid church-goer.  My parents are.  Their Church accepts that people are born gay and that being gay is not a sin.  On the other hand, they believe comitting gay sexual acts is a sin.  Baby steps I guess. 

My best friend is gay.  His God son's parents often reinforce gender stereotypes in an effort to ensure their son doesn't "become gay".  Some people are just backwards hillbillies.  Actually, by friend has a very negative view of "the church" and I often defend Christianity because ofcourse not all Christians are backward morons who hate gays.  Some of us get it.

A lot of homophobes hide behind Christianity.  The Duck Dynasty guys being perfect examples.  I hate you but its okay because the Bible says so.  Not in this day and age.  The Bible is literally the worst thing you can use to argue anything specific since so much of the Bible is outdated, contradictory or absurd.  So when people choose which things from the Bible to embrace, it's like come on...  There is a lot of great messages in the Bible but no matter what, hate was never meant to be one of them.

I don't want to live in a world where jbr is from... You wouldn't be able to speak a word without offending someone.

Essentially every person on here would be labelled ignorant for the mean spirited things they have said about Mack, Burke, Kelly, Buck, Friesen etc...

You're right. There is no difference between judging people on their character, personality, judgement and poor management/writing and judging people based solely on elements of their humanity that they don't control like gender, race and sexuality.
You can have sex changes, change your outward appearance and you can choose your sexual preferences at any time. Your points are invalid.

Lots of people took personal shots at Kelly. How many fat jokes were cracked about Lawless. What Roberts and his personal life decisions we mocked in the past. Maybe he couldn't help chasing big girls and smoking all the time.

in your world these people didn't choose to be the way they are.

Hearty LOL at 'choosing sexual preferences.'

Too funny.

If we really have choice about our sexual orientation, you may want to remember back to the moment when you sat down and thought, " Gee. I like lady junk and guy junk equally, but I choose to like female naughty bits".  That is, if you are male.

To add fuel to this fire every true Catholic person would think you guys are ignorant.

So who is right in this debate?

IMO who the f cares , get over yourself

That is a ridiculous argument.  Im not going to paint any rligious group with one brush but ANY person, Catholic or otherwise who still thinks people choose to be Gay are fools.  Its like the people who still think the Earth is flat.  They really believe it and no amount of evidence will convince them.  because they are fools.

Also your attempt at humour as it relates to Michael Jackson is off point.  ofcourse you would stoop to trying to draw a comparison between gays and pedophilia but actually any look at the history of Michael Jackson would tell you 1) he actually did suffer from a skin desease that lightened his skin 2) he was not a pedophile and there was never any evidence that would actually hold up in court to prove otherwise.  But thats another topic.

To add fuel to this fire every true Catholic person would think you guys are ignorant.

What debate?

Everyone has equal rights.  Anyone can believe what they believe, but they can't use their beliefs to exclude or intimidate people from situations that have nothing to do with those beliefs, like playing professional football.

That's pretty fundamental human rights, nothing overly PC about that.

A lot of homophobes hide behind Christianity.  The Duck Dynasty guys being perfect examples.  I hate you but its okay because the Bible says so.  Not in this day and age.  The Bible is literally the worst thing you can use to argue anything specific since so much of the Bible is outdated, contradictory or absurd.  So when people choose which things from the Bible to embrace, it's like come on...  There is a lot of great messages in the Bible but no matter what, hate was never meant to be one of them.

A lot of the crazier Christian denominations though actually believe that the Bible is 100% word of God truth. They're ridiculous of course but that's what a lot of the fundies believe which is why they come up with all sorts of this nonsense. It's all quite ironic that they preach such intolerance because it's the most unchristian stance available. Christ was all about loving everyone no matter what and not judging anyone. 

That is a ridiculous argument.  Im not going to paint any religious group with one brush but ANY person, Catholic or otherwise who still thinks people choose to be Gay are fools.  Its like the people who still think the Earth is flat.  They really believe it and no amount of evidence will convince them.  because they are fools.

Also your attempt at humour as it relates to Michael Jackson is off point.  of course you would stoop to trying to draw a comparison between gays and pedophilia but actually any look at the history of Michael Jackson would tell you 1) he actually did suffer from a skin disease that lightened his skin 2) he was not a pedophile and there was never any evidence that would actually hold up in court to prove otherwise.  But tha'ts another topic.

The vast majority of pedophiles are heterosexual.

This whole argument from BVD reminds me of when he swore up and down that the Jets would never come back.

Except this is even less intelligent. And way more offensive.

Jesus.. Brandon is BVD?! This is even more shocking.. Always thought he was at least respectful of others feelings and sensibilities..

I give up someone make a list of what is allowed to be joked upon and what is not.

Are we still allowed to call Friesen a troll or does that offend all lark and DND fans?

Can we crack fat jokes or make fun of rider fans even? Because its not there fault that there uncle dads hooked up there mom cousins?