Free Agency Day - Bombers Moves

9 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Broxton, McGlouster, Lofton were all tackles our scouts brought in that started for other CFL teams last season.

Broxton sure. McGlouster has been mostly on practice rosters. Lofton started for the Riders, on an abyssmal OL. 

Walters says every yr he has no money..then out of blue someone is signed...I think it's moreso he's referring to about big name/ticket guys...and deservedly so as right now we have our fair share ..and ones who are at the top of their position in the league.

So depth/role guys will come from scouting and the draft...which shouldn't be too hard with basically the same scouting and management group being together now for 10 years...and knowing some of the network we will be fine.

The key is this yrs draft, and the amount of picks we obtained...and focusing on positional players who have pro potential...not just teams...you can teach teams easily and any new young guy will ball out on them...we failed in this last 5..yrs and it's almost biting our ass

You have to remember last 4 yrs we haven't really had to unearth anyone as we were set...it's not like we didn't have the network to do so..we have had to basically continuously find dbs and have done very well with that.

I been going over roster and there are some guys who will surprise...I actually like the group of Fox..Randall..Woods and now this Waggoner...and we have a collection of edge guys to push Haba who technically is now the incumbent.

Seems like some scrambling... definitely some questions will need to be answered and a guy or 2 needs to step out of the masses...but I not to concerned 

Sometimes I think ppl read to far in to things. He likely means he has no money for a Tim white type. He doesn’t mean he doesn’t have enough money to put the roster together lol. 5 starters need to be replaced. That’s not that much and our depth? I mean depth is replaceable. Clements was never taking a starting spot. Hansen wasn’t either. Neither was Exume. 

lots of worrying over basically nothing. It’s also February so. 

who have we lost really. 

hardrick cuz sask gave him keys to a bank 

Jeffcoat cuz retired. 

houston? In my opinion he wasn’t even our starting CB. 

sounds like outside of Hardrick the guys we lost were guys we also decided to let go. 

Edited by Goalie

Loling a lot at the Bomber fan Facebook group...

Saying strev wasn't a meaningful signing and could have spent the money else where. Unreal. Strev adds a massive dynamic to this offense and the price we were paying prukop..

Our offense looks like an Allstar team, but our defence, I'll be honest. Concerning. Let's hope our scouts find some gamers

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

Sometimes I think ppl read to far in to things. He likely means he has no money for a Tim white type. He doesn’t mean he doesn’t have enough money to put the roster together lol. 5 starters need to be replaced. That’s not that much and our depth? I mean depth is replaceable. Clements was never taking a starting spot. Hansen wasn’t either. Neither was Exume. 

lots of worrying over basically nothing. It’s also February so. 

who have we lost really. 

hardrick cuz sask gave him keys to a bank 

Jeffcoat cuz retired. 

houston? In my opinion he wasn’t even our starting CB. 

sounds like outside of Hardrick the guys we lost were guys we also decided to let go. 

We can choose to take him at face value or not, but he said after Grant and Castillio (if they can get it done), everyone else coming in has to be on a rookie deal. He even noted that agents were asking him if the Bombers would circle back on guys in a few days and Walters had to tell them, no, we're out of room to add anyone outside of rookies. 

Now, none of this is set in stone. He could cut Collaros tomorrow if he wanted to, so things will always be fluid to a certain extent. But as of now, the roster is set beyond adding draft picks and CFL rookies. 

Just now, Stickem said:

AND now it looks like Hardrick will finish his career on an abysmal o line....and has gone full circle

circle of life....I can see him getting injured there this yr....and early on....not that I wish that on him by any means....just see it happening there

14 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Walters buggered the accountant when he signed Lawler when he already had Schoen in house at 1/3 the price.  Years of careful player development walking out the door, starting over from scratch in a few too many positions.  Exciting times await!

Not sure who you mean by this. If anything hanging onto the old guard for too long hinders player development. 

Rose, Bailey, Gray, Jeffcoat are all out, making room for younger guys to play.

Clements played well, but Cole is the guy they like better. Developing to have a higher ceiling. 

Can't think of a younger player they've had get away that was developing into anything. 

3 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Not sure who you mean by this. If anything hanging onto the old guard for too long hinders player development. 

Clements played well, but Cole is the guy they like better. Developing to have a higher ceiling. 

Can't think of a younger player they've had get away that was developing into anything. 

BOLO could be one.  

3 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Losing bolo sucks. That's a young guy they developed that could absolutely start and make an impact. But for good reason he wasn't doing that here. 

yup....BOLO is a loss ....He wasn't getting the game time he needed to advance so off he goes....Should have made a deal for him and obtained Mason Bennett ....coulda/ shoulda....counts for nothing and gm's have their own agenda that most don't vary too much from 

4 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Probably, but is BOLO better than Demski? Better than Woli? 

I feel he was a victim of timing- kind of like Dru. 

Definitely a timing thing.  Was not going to be playing ahead of those guys (barring injury) so it's unfortunate for us but that's how it goes.

6 minutes ago, Stickem said:

yup....BOLO is a loss ....He wasn't getting the game time he needed to advance so off he goes....Should have made a deal for him and obtained Mason Bennett ....coulda/ shoulda....counts for nothing and gm's have their own agenda that most don't vary too much from 

Why would the TiCats trade Bennett for BOLO? This makes no sense at all.

15 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I dont see how this is possible.

When buying a car, do you walk into a dealership, and yell "I've got tons of money, who wants to take it?" or do you go in and say "I might buy a car if the price is right, but really, I'm just looking "?  That's sort of what Walters is doing and has done over and over.