Free Agency Day - Bombers Moves

3 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Based on what?  Have they ever put Dobson in at Guard?  Dobson is a bulldog but I don't know how well he would do in pass protection as he's only 6'2".  When Neufeld was out Tui took his place.

Why do you think his height is a problem? 

5 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Good point.

So... does Yosh morph back into a pylon this year?

Yoshi was a monster in run blocking last year, but his pass pro was pretty suspect in a few games last year. Neufeld did a yeoman's job of helping him out tho. Not sure that he has that same luxury anymore playing next to Ferland. 

Edited by GCn20

16 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

did I miss it, is gray signed else where? Every one is talking like he’s gone. Personally I think if he’s playing football next year it’ll be here. If he’s back I think he’d have an inside track at RT. Which as some one said previously being next to neuf will be an asset. A lot can be said about him, in far from his biggest fan, but you aren’t gonna swim in side the rt and split neuf and any one.  Plus he can make the adjustments and help the tackle assignment/pick up wise. 

Walters said the team is moving on from him.

34 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Neither does Hamilton lol. 

Dudes gonna be pushing against that wall till the cows come home. 

did I miss it, is gray signed else where? Every one is talking like he’s gone. Personally I think if he’s playing football next year it’ll be here. If he’s back I think he’d have an inside track at RT. Which as some one said previously being next to neuf will be an asset. A lot can be said about him, in far from his biggest fan, but you aren’t gonna swim in side the rt and split neuf and any one.  Plus he can make the adjustments and help the tackle assignment/pick up wise. 

I’m still hoping we see Eli, Dobson and gray all win spots out of camp.

Walters said he's likely moving on today.

48 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Walters said the team is moving on from him.

Please not the Riders/Argos, Please not the Riders/Argos, Please not the Riders/Argos in where he lands.

Cuz if so the stench of throwing on either of those jerseys will outweigh how much we appreciated him here. 🙂

Edited by HardCoreBlue

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Yoshi was a monster in run blocking last year, but his pass pro was pretty suspect in a few games last year. Neufeld did a yeoman's job of helping him out tho. Not sure that he has that same luxury anymore playing next to Ferland. 

I am far from the biggest Neufeld fan, but IMO he should have been the teams most outstanding lineman nominee.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I am far from the biggest Neufeld fan, but IMO he should have been the teams most outstanding lineman nominee.

I think so too. Had a really solid season I thought. Can't remember what game it was but Yoshis guy was putting it on him in the first Q. Neufeld stepped up and helped Yosh and Kolo to his credit took up some of Neufs so that he could help and that DE did nothing after that.

Edited by GCn20

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Neuf has been solid and one of leagues best guards 3...4 yrs running now....people here didn't truly appreciate what we have...One of the 2 main constants from the o-line turn around and yr in and yr out dominance...Him and Bryant

Yea..we don't talk enuff about him for sure. He just quietly TCB.

13 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Gray stepped stepped down one game for some reason and we all speculated that Dobson was taking the spot, but next game Gray was back.

think he was sick one game and Dobson started...

All I'm thinking is c'mon new talent brought in through our scouting department!

Losers (re) build primarily thru Free Agency.

I just made that up, I may wrong but I would think a balance of bringing in talent thru the ranks and selectively using free agency is more of a winning formula.

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

The team has lost Olineman every year for several years. This isn't the first time and won't be the last. I have zero concerns about it right now.

Always had guys in the pipeline though.  Have 7 guys signed right now, 3 Americans, 4 Canadians.  Flipping around 2 spots, didn't have any development guys last year.

Would be really lucky to get a guy out of draft who can play right away.  Top 7-8 OL guys are all NFL prospects.  Not always easy to plug American guys in either.

Think there will be a few moves in this position group yet.

1 minute ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Good point.

So... does Yosh morph back into a pylon this year?

Clip it and pin it on a billboard. I believe hardrick moves to guard by bjb if he still playing then it isn’t at tackle. 

3 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Based on what?  Have they ever put Dobson in at Guard?  Dobson is a bulldog but I don't know how well he would do in pass protection as he's only 6'2".  When Neufeld was out Tui took his place.

The guy is a beast. His physical talent is extremely rare to find in an ni. He’s been losing weight as well and getting faster. You can really see the traction he made late season. You want shorter guards. Being taller inside is harder and actually pretty rare. Both made a start. 

34 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Always had guys in the pipeline though.  Have 7 guys signed right now, 3 Americans, 4 Canadians.  Flipping around 2 spots, didn't have any development guys last year.

Would be really lucky to get a guy out of draft who can play right away.  Top 7-8 OL guys are all NFL prospects.  Not always easy to plug American guys in either.

Think there will be a few moves in this position group yet.

Dobson and Eli were very much development guys last year. We will need to unearth a new tackle but outside of that...we're fine. Depth will take a bit of a hit, but like you said there will likely be a signing or two and if history is any indicator. They will be more than ready to step in if needed.