2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Pigrome was ******* awful in Ottawa.  He had more than one game where he had multiple turnovers on short-yardage.  Don't think the Bombers would sign him, honestly don't think anyone in the CFL will.  He's probably headed to arena ball.

As per the TSN stats it shows 0 fumbles from Pigromes.     As per CFL.ca it shows Pigromes as playing for the Blue Bombers and the stats don't even show fumbles because heaven forbid cfl.ca doesn't have comprehensive stats for the fans. 

OAVHLtm.png

10 minutes ago, Brandon said:

As per the TSN stats it shows 0 fumbles from Pigromes.     As per CFL.ca it shows Pigromes as playing for the Blue Bombers and the stats don't even show fumbles because heaven forbid cfl.ca doesn't have comprehensive stats for the fans. 

OAVHLtm.png

Turnovers on downs, not fumbles. 

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, what the guy did was criminally wrong. he may see jail time for his actions (or not) but he can't be labelled a sexual predator. 

Lets just meet in the middle and all agree CK, based on historical facts, needs pretty significant improvement in consistently presenting the best version of himself to others around him.

16 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Of all the quarterbacks outlined in the list above, the one I had particular fondness for was our current offensive coordinator, Buck Pierce. Yes he was on the downside of his career but I still thought he played okay if he wasn't too banged up. He could huck the ball and make plays with his legs. He was filled with heart and intensity. I just enjoyed watching him play. But yeah, he is turning out to be a way better coordinator than he was a QB, even at its prime. Always was and still is a favourite of mine.

I also liked the head and shoulders above the rest best QB on that list the most. 

22 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Of all the quarterbacks outlined in the list above, the one I had particular fondness for was our current offensive coordinator, Buck Pierce. Yes he was on the downside of his career but I still thought he played okay if he wasn't too banged up. He could huck the ball and make plays with his legs. He was filled with heart and intensity. I just enjoyed watching him play. But yeah, he is turning out to be a way better coordinator than he was a QB, even at its prime. Always was and still is a favourite of mine.

Bucks heart was worth more alone than most all the rest of those QBs. 

22 hours ago, BigBlue said:

After going to one of the links on 3 Down Nation I was swarmed by ads so much so that I couldn't read the article. I've not had to endure that in a very long time. I do get their email updates and it's a nice summary but after today I'm just not so sure I'm interested in anything they do anymore. This seems to be a real drop-off in their substance and allowing their subscribers to be pestered by unsolicited advertising reeks of STUPID. They were okay and sometimes good but now… Oh wow!

3dn has gone to pot and was mediocre for the most part at its peak. 

20 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Turnovers on downs, not fumbles. 

It shows both and has a 0 in both. 

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

What TSN says is he never fumbled and never lost one. It does not mention turnovers on downs. And I know for a fact those stats are not completely accurate. In his one game as a Bomber rushing he failed on a 3rd and goal QB sneak attempt against Hamilton, and after that Dru Brown became the short yardage QB until they brought Prukop back and cut Pigrome. Once in Ottawa he failed on two more 3rd and short attempts. His most infamous gaffe was in a   3 point loss to the Ti-Cats where he had 3 cracks from the Hamilton 1 yard line to punch it in and got zero yards each time (in fact he fumbled the 2nd down play but his teammate recovered it). 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

14 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Bucks heart was worth more alone than most all the rest of those QBs. 

3dn has gone to pot and was mediocre for the most part at its peak. 

It’s gotten pretty bad but we have to keep in mind there was/is no alternative. 

I’m still glad we have a PFT style format for CFL news and opinions. It’s the quality of the writing (and very dated website) that’s lacking. 

I’d be 100% down to start a new CFL  news/opinion/article site if anyone else here wanted. I’m positive there’s better writers on MBB than 3dn has on staff. 
Standing offer, for real. PMs always open. 

42 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

It’s gotten pretty bad but we have to keep in mind there was/is no alternative. 

I’m still glad we have a PFT style format for CFL news and opinions. It’s the quality of the writing (and very dated website) that’s lacking. 

I’d be 100% down to start a new CFL  news/opinion/article site if anyone else here wanted. I’m positive there’s better writers on MBB than 3dn has on staff. 
Standing offer, for real. PMs always open. 

Agree 100%. 
the best thing 3dn had was the anonymous weekly quote article and that’s been gone a while

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Agree 100%. 
the best thing 3dn had was the anonymous weekly quote article and that’s been gone a while

I am not so sure that a lot of those "anonymous inside quotes" weren't copied and pasted from some CFL fan forums. Not saying they all were, but I think some of them were.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

it's a fan blog and nothing more. Dunk has a little bit of insight, but everyone else on there is just a messageboard poster posing as "media". We absolutely have better insight (and likely better writers) on MBB...

It was only decent when the writer from Hamilton was there. After that lost all credibility.  Fanboi bloggers now, nothing more.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

it's a fan blog and nothing more. Dunk has a little bit of insight, but everyone else on there is just a messageboard poster posing as "media". We absolutely have better insight (and likely better writers) on MBB...

3DN is super credible as far as reporting news. Dunk and Hodge are both very well connected throughout the league, just look at how many signings they leaked prior to official announcements. They don’t miss on that front at all and it’s unfair to say they do.

The problem with them is the exact opposite of what you’re suggesting it is. When they get into actual analysis, it’s worse than your typical tan forum commentary. Hodge, JC Abbott, that guy who was on Big Brother from Calgary … they’re all lost when it actually comes to discussing football. 

if they just stick to the news they’d be fine and that’s coming from someone who really doesn’t like any of them on any level. They all suck. But they’re definitely well connected within the league - although I’ll definitely suggest it’s because SOMEBODY has to be and they do it by default for all the team executives and player agents  

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

A MBB version would be better but I am not sure how the daily articles titled **** Saskatchewan would go over with a national audience. 

Gotta be careful, might start something that is so popular no one could keep up.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

3DN is super credible as far as reporting news. Dunk and Hodge are both very well connected throughout the league, just look at how many signings they leaked prior to official announcements. They don’t miss on that front at all and it’s unfair to say they do.

The problem with them is the exact opposite of what you’re suggesting it is. When they get into actual analysis, it’s worse than your typical tan forum commentary. Hodge, JC Abbott, that guy who was on Big Brother from Calgary … they’re all lost when it actually comes to discussing football. 

if they just stick to the news they’d be fine and that’s coming from someone who really doesn’t like any of them on any level. They all suck. But they’re definitely well connected within the league - although I’ll definitely suggest it’s because SOMEBODY has to be and they do it by default for all the team executives and player agents  

I agree. Dunk is as credible as it gets for inside info. However, I am not really that sold on Hodge. The only stories I believe he breaks are nothing more than Dunk feeding him some cred imo.

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

A MBB version would be better but I am not sure how the daily articles titled **** Saskatchewan would go over with a national audience. 

The T-shirts alone would need a sweat shop in Indonesia to keep up with demand.

Edited by GCn20

19 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

What TSN says is he never fumbled and never lost one. It does not mention turnovers on downs. And I know for a fact those stats are not completely accurate. In his one game as a Bomber rushing he failed on a 3rd and goal QB sneak attempt against Hamilton, and after that Dru Brown became the short yardage QB until they brought Prukop back and cut Pigrome. Once in Ottawa he failed on two more 3rd and short attempts. His most infamous gaffe was in a   3 point loss to the Ti-Cats where he had 3 cracks from the Hamilton 1 yard line to punch it in and got zero yards each time (in fact he fumbled the 2nd down play but his teammate recovered it). 

3rd and 1 sneak is on the ol. This concept that it’s lame difficult high value role is insane. Even when poopkup was running upright it was fine. 

6 hours ago, Mike said:

That’s a great point. 3dn is very good at gathering fa and contract info. They do have a place and value. For me, the value when we heard actual football stuff was much higher. But they still do fill a gap that wouldn’t get covered other wise. 
 I wish we had a football oriented site, and that we didn’t get some of the 

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

It was only decent when the writer from Hamilton was there. After that lost all credibility.  Fanboi bloggers now, nothing more.

Drew Edwards, the beat writer from the Ti Cats started it. He was reassigned & was never heard from again.

12 hours ago, Mike said:

Ryan Ballantyne. He isn't credible because he's a Stamps Boi. He doesn't care about other teams. Just the Stamps. He believes he's a credible member of the CFL media. I disagree because he's a Stamps fan. My feeling if you want to be considered a member of the legit "media" then you can't show your biases when you're reporting stories & have to be neutral. I've occasionally had the odd run in with him online. (Surprise, surprise ;) ).... He doesn't like it if someone questions his analysis.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Ryan Ballantyne. He isn't credible because he's a Stamps Boi. He doesn't care about other teams. Just the Stamps. He believes he's a credible member of the CFL media. I disagree because he's a Stamps fan. My feeling if you want to be considered a member of the legit "media" then you can't show your biases when you're reporting stories & have to be neutral. I've occasionally had the odd run in with him online. (Surprise, surprise ;) ).... He doesn't like it if someone questions his analysis.

I'll never forget how he argued that the 2021 Bombers were scared to play the stamps in the west final....yes....he was serious...and was saying the Bombers were counting their lucky stars the riders won the semi. Lol

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Ballantyne can`t be considered media because his bias would never allow him to view the CFL realistically. Not a slam on him, I would probably have the same problem, but anything he writes is out to lunch because he so over the top of a Stamps fan. They walk on water to him and are the best team in the CFL that has been having bad luck and are victims of circumstance every game. That wouldn`t be so nauseating if every game prediction or anything else he puts up on 3DN weren`t so directly influenced by how he wants the CFL to be in relation to his Stamps season hopes, as opposed to how it really is. He will make stupid commentary like `Winnipeg Blue Bombers are due for a losing streak against the Edmonton Eskimos and Calgary Stampeders in their next two games vaulting the Stamps into a playoff spot`` and then use that reasoning to pick Edmonton as some gospel truth. 

Edited by GCn20