2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

27 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Sure- but clearly that day ain't here yet.

But, I don't think @Fatty Liver's take is a horrible one. 

Ya, because it's way easier to make excuses than it is to condemn that sort of action and take a stand...

Just now, Fatty Liver said:

Do you not recognize a football locker room as an extremely rarefied environment that is seldom duplicated within the rest of society?  I would also advise my daughter not to become a prison guard for her own mental and physical well being.  You can wish for a rainbow and unicorn world all you like but that's not yet the current reality, and looking around at the world today, I'm not sure it's even on the distant horizon. 

Gee, I wonder why that would be...

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

If she was my daughter I'd advise taking a job working intimately with 100 football players with no other women in sight was not a good idea, something was bound to happen, and it did.  For cripes sake, her contract only paid $25,000, she could have made more in any other situation.

So in your world, its 1950?

14 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Do you not recognize a football locker room as an extremely rarefied environment that is seldom duplicated within the rest of society?  I would also advise my daughter not to become a prison guard for her own mental and physical well being.  You can wish for a rainbow and unicorn world all you like but that's not yet the current reality, and looking around at the world today, I'm not sure it's even on the distant horizon. 

Put it in the job description then. You will be sexually harassed as part of the job. 

Can you think of why they wouldn’t do that? 

23 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I get your point. Because I struggle with it while raising my kids too. I come from a **** around and find out environment that included lots of violence. So I'm aware of the world we live in vs the world we want. 

"I'd like to vote, but that's not the world we live in"

"I'd like to be free but that's not the world we live in."

Etc etc. basically what I'm trying to say is, eventually we need to make the world the way we want it to be. If everyone is stuck waiting for something to change. Nothing ever will.

4 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

I hope and pray he is. The world needs him.........

The world has plenty of con men. It'll be fine without him.

33 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I wouldn't tell my son to work as prison guard., either. I know enough of them to say that it is a stressful job at best and toxic at worst, and the inmates are not the only problem.

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I don't get it. This one flew right over my head. But I am exhausted in my defense.

Haha this is my mental image of someone saying they are exhausted for the day. Literally reading some fudd and having to stop because its just not worth interacting with.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

And, so instead of expecting more out of men, we make young women bend? F*** that. It is a horrible take because it says that men can't control themselves when the reality is that they make their own choices. 

First of all you can expect more from men- no one here said they expect less. And sometimes those choices are the wrong ones. 

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

Don't teach girls to be careful, teach boys that that stuff is not ok.

You can do both. 

Also, I teach both my son and daughter to be careful. I also teach them both that that **** ain't right and that behaviour is reprehensible. 

I don't get this either/or choice. 

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

Ya, because it's way easier to make excuses than it is to condemn that sort of action and take a stand...

Who is making excuses?  no one is making excuses for that ******* behaviour. You can condemn the behaviour and be cautious while looking out for some potential situations at the same time.

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Sure- but clearly that day ain't here yet.

But, I don't think @Fatty Liver's take is a horrible one. 

Suggesting a woman shouldn't take certain jobs because "boys will be boys" is in fact a s****y take.  These incidents are not limited to "testosterone filled locker rooms", they happen in all work places, unfortunately. Would you advise your daughter to not take an office job or work at McDonalds because it can happen there too?

38 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I wouldn't tell my son to work as prison guard., either. I know enough of them to say that it is a stressful job at best and toxic at worst, and the inmates are not the only problem.

Yup, I have multiple family members who are or have been guards at federal penitentiaries - it's not a safe, healthy environment regardless of who/what you are.

15 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

First of all you can expect more from men- no one here said they expect less. And sometimes those choices are the wrong ones. 

Agree, the job of a parent is to protect and guide their children, you can't control the behaviour of other people, some of which have diverse personal experiences and criminal histories, which infers exceeding boundaries is not an obstacle they respect.  Hoping for the best doesn't repair damage once done.

12 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Suggesting a woman shouldn't take certain jobs because "boys will be boys" is in fact a s****y take.  These incidents are not limited to "testosterone filled locker rooms", they happen in all work places, unfortunately. Would you advise your daughter to not take an office job or work at McDonalds because it can happen there too?

No one said boys will be boys-  where are people getting this from?  No one is excusing the behaviour here... 

Different workplaces will have different degrees of risk for every facet... its important to 

12 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yup, I have multiple family members who are or have been guards at federal penitentiaries - it's not a safe, healthy environment regardless of who/what you are.

Do they have female guards in male penitentiaries? Honest question.

10 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

No one said boys will be boys-  where are people getting this from?  No one is excusing the behaviour here... 

Different workplaces will have different degrees of risk for every facet... its important to 

Do they have female guards in male penitentiaries? Honest question.

Was it said verbatim?  No but this implies men can't control themselves and it's just in their nature. 

"I'd advise taking a job working intimately with 100 football players with no other women in sight was not a good idea, something was bound to happen, and it did."

Yes, they do. I have a few family members (male and female) currently working at the same men's penitentiary in Alberta right now.  

8 hours ago, bluto said:

Excuse me, serious question: what victim? And who said that they ought to be shamed? This is a wrongful termination suit with a side of a sensationalized accusation to whip the press (and apparently internet forums) into a frenzy before evidence and judgement. And why would the accused be named and subjected to trial by press except for the purpose of shaming them into accepting a settlement (much as was done once before against the Argos)? 

This serves the accuser's legal strategy just fine, as was always the intent.

Give me a bit of credit for being a decent human please.

And your comment about the side of truth is just so offside here. And support what victim?

And this is why trial by media for a wrongful termination suit is ideal for the accuser.

Yahtzee.

The person who was fired for refusing the advances of a player. 
 You’re blinded by double blue glasses. 

Athletes get named because when they don’t, teams get things swept under the rug. 

Kelly has skated soo many times already on even a trial by media. 
 Kelly has had more second chances than any one in the league. Guys a dumpster fire. 

59 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

100%. A lot of industries are male dominated high testosterone etc. manufacturing, especially welding and fabrication. Mining, oil rigs etc. 

sexual harassment and worse are never a risk associated with work. That’s just an awful and dangerous standard. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's worse than that, she was fired for bringing it up to management! 

Yeah, really pathetic and disappointing. If the Argos are smart they’ll give her every dollar she wants and get a none disclosure signed asap. If that doesn’t happen I fully expect things to get worse and punishment to be severe. 

That step doesn’t just happen in a vacuum either imo. If they jumped to that, I would suspect they have a much deeper issue with more victims. 

34 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The person who was fired for refusing the advances of a player. 
 You’re blinded by double blue glasses. 

Nobody was fired. A contract wasn't renewed.

I know that's hair-splitting, but it is relevant.

And if it was only because of the alleged harassment and the Accuser can prove that, then they would win in court.

But as I suspect that actually proving that would be a monumental hill to climb in a court room, her counsel went for plan B. Trial by media.

Still think that they could have gotten the full amount they are currently asking for had they just asked. 

There is a 0% chance that MLSE/Argos legal department would have not taken this very seriously and seized the chance to pay the asking price.

10 minutes ago, bluto said:

And if it was only because of the alleged harassment and the Accuser can prove that, then they would win in court.

But as I suspect that actually proving that would be a monumental hill to climb in a court room, her counsel went for plan B. Trial by media.

Still think that they could have gotten the full amount they are currently asking for had they just asked. 

There is a 0% chance that MLSE/Argos legal department would have not taken this very seriously and seized the chance to pay the asking price.

Can you link to a report by the media that has spoken directly to her or her representatives? It sounds like this is reporters doing their jobs and finding out that a team has a lawsuit against them and reporting against that. This is her literally trying to climb that hill in court.

Do you really think that there is a department in MLSE that is just cutting cheques to make it go away? What is more likely is the complaint ended up on that Neanderthal Murphy's desk and he didn't do anything with it and here we are.

14 minutes ago, bluto said:

Spin spin spin spin.

Pos organization hires pos people and fans refuse to see it.