2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

On 2024-01-18 at 5:49 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

A lot off scrambles though, right?  And teams are rolling coverage on him so there's guys nearby below and above.  

Schoen's averages are higher with Lawler last season, and his games with Brown are well below his average.

I think his connection with Collaros will probably keep him here really.  

I could see Bailey and BOLO following Brown.  I'm just not sure anyone will commit to Bailey being more than a 3-4 type receiver.

If Schoen wants to win a championship then he'll stay here. if he wants to follow his bestie to Ottawa & play for the worst organization in the CFL with no guarantees of being a winner then he can go to Ottawa to be with Brown & more power to him. Look how the RedBlacks sucked the life out of Jaelen Acklin. One of the top CFL receivers in Hamilton to an also ran receiver after 2 years in Ottawa. I wish Dalton all the luck in the world. 

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If Schoen wants to win a championship then he'll stay here. if he wants to follow his bestie to Ottawa & play for the worst organization in the CFL with no guarantees of being a winner then he can go to Ottawa to be with Brown & more power to him. Look how the RedBlacks sucked the life out of Jaelen Acklin. One of the top CFL receivers in Hamilton to an also ran receiver after 2 years in Ottawa. I wish Dalton all the luck in the world. 

You really hate the Ottawa ALLCAPS ... 

Also I think JBR was talking about BOLo and Bailey following DB

59 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This is a job. He’ll go where he can make the most amount of money. We have certain incentives here that can bridge the gap a little, but that only stretches so far.

33 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

You really hate the Ottawa ALLCAPS ... 

Also I think JBR was talking about BOLo and Bailey following DB

I don't hate the team. I hate how all the bad head coaches & GM's they've had have eaten up & spit out their players. Especially at qb. Look how Caleb Evans, Nick Arbuckle & Dustin Crum have been thrown out on the field with little or no help from their offensive coaches only to get beaten down, chewed up & spit out by that team.

They show no appreciaation or loyalty to a kid like Dustin Crumb who was a warrior for them last year as they keep recruiting the Next Big Thing at qb every off season only to have them constantly fail. They keep failing because every year they start over with another rookie qb with little experience. They sell a bill of goods to their fanbase who have now decided to stay away in the thousands.

They'll sign Brown, sell him as the Saviour of their team, make him their starter & throw him to the wolves while tossing Crumb aside after all the work & effort he put in on a shitty team learning the CFL game with a crap offense last year. The City of Ottawa deserves much better than they're getting from Sean Burke & Bob Dyce. 

10 minutes ago, Jesse said:

This is a job. He’ll go where he can make the most amount of money. We have certain incentives here that can bridge the gap a little, but that only stretches so far.

The goal is to win a championship. Playing on a last place team is no fun. The locker room is toxic. Players are constantly looking over their shoulders as they could be replaced or traded at a moment's notice. Coaches become sour & hard to deal with. Yes, it's a job but it's also still a game. Players want to enjoy coming to work, Not dread it. Like I said, if he goes to Ottawa because they offer him more money then more power to him as that's his decision. We'll miss Schoen but he's ultimately replaceable.  Our passing game will still be one of the best in the CFL with or without Schoen. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

At the risk of assuming I'm NOT one of the egregious voices.... Those takes are spot on for the insane elder statesmen of this 'board....

I think there are clouds perpetually rolling in over certain houses in Alberta. 

And no Noeller I don’t view you that way. I get more of this vibe from you at times (at least when Booch, a.k.a Spike, posts). 

cartoon-network-dog.gif

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Hey everybody, an old man’s talking! 

Seriously though, everything Al is saying about the Ottawa franchise is right on. 

Seems to me  after they were gifted early success by the CFL in their infancy, upper management/ownership stopped caring or trying particularly hard. 

Damn right they were. I don’t think any other cfl expansion team was given such a  windfall. I don’t follow the nhl but it seems they did the same with Vegas. Other wise I don’t think any other na league has done that.  

Seems I'm the butt of the jokes here by a couple of real losers.... ERRRRRR...... posters because of my age but so be it, I guess. What else is new, anyway???

I've read the posts here & the howls of laughter aimed at me. Made by the same people who always seem to claim that racism, bigotry & discrimination are evil & must be stamped out once & for all.  However, when it comes to ageism well, that's okay. It's always Open Season on me for that. So then, the word that jumps out at me for some of you (not all) is hypocrite.

Yes, they say, Let's minimize someone's comments (like mine) when we disagree with them by saying their opinion is unimportant because we think they're too old & should get lost. Their opinions don't count as much as others because of their advanced age. Meanwhile, they'll jump on the next thread defending the rights of free speech passionately. Is it because they actually feel that way or perhaps just want to fit in here & not stick out themselves?? Just be part of the crowd. I wonder sometimes. 

Some of us have been members together for a couple of decades. Here & at the old Our Bomber site. If we have then we've known each other for 20 years. Unless you were 16 when you started then some of you are pushing 45-50 years of age or older now. You're already looked upon as old & unimportant from a twenty something's perspective. You just haven't experienced it yet but it's coming. 

You cling to your last vestages of youth while your belly starts expanding, you have more than one chin, your belt around your waist needs loosening, your pants ride higher & the grey hair is springing more visibly everyday. Not only on what's left of your receding hairline but on your face as well. Some of you who thought you were James Bond in the bedroom just a few short years ago now need a little blue pill to perform & "be a man" when it comes to satisfying your lover, wife or girlfriend.  

So, if you've been around here as long as I have or longer then you're no spring chicken either. From the posts I used to read on the political threads that were thankfully discontinued it's pretty clear that some of you laughing at me learned to yell at clouds at an early age.

I just know that time stops for no one. As some of you will find out sooner than you think. The harsh reality is some of you "youngsters" won't make it to my age as cancers. other sicknesses, afflictions & accidents might pick you off prematurely. We don't know when our number will be called & our time is up.

Getting old is really a privelidge. It's not a right as some of us could die tomorrow. From a deathbed perspective, the 38 year old about to die would probably wish he or she could live to be 68. 

Just know that mocking me about my age isn't going to change my mind about how I see things when it comes to the Blue Bombers, Jets, the world of sports or just the world in general. I won't be run off by a few intellectual pipsqueaks that we have here who seem to have it in for me. One thing is certain. You'll always know my opinion & where I stand. There'll be no beige for me. 

I've always had a strong opinion. I can be stubborn. I've taken as good as I've got over the years. Sometimes it was deserved & sometimes not. The truth is you'll always know where I stand on any subject that I comment on.

I'm not the same person I was 20 years ago. I think I've mellowed & actually will try to discuss any subject with anyone now without being insulting unless I'm insulted first. Twenty years ago, I was more impatient & willing to argue my point aggressively & I wasn't very nice at times. I have my regrets for being a prick at times back then. I feel I'm no longer like that. I try to show respect & listen to the other POV. 

Now, for all you hypocrites out there & you know who you are... 

Have a nice day!!!!!

The greatest fools are the ones 

that hold fast to facts when truth is gone.

Still the need to be right 

consumes the workings of sound minds.

No longer do the crowds align

those masses forced to harmonize.

The end result is fractured thought

when sanity is subtly bought.

By dogma's bent in bubbles realm

the saddest jokers are at the helm.

With agendas forlorn from hope

when madness is more than a trope.

Instead, reality bends it's knee

with the idiots flocking to the decrees.

Truth is absent at the end

when verity is then condemned. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Seems I'm the butt of the jokes here by a couple of real losers.... ERRRRRR...... posters because of my age but so be it, I guess. What else is new, anyway???

Hey man, if you look up, everyone is taking shots at each other, laughing about, and then taking a shot at themselves too.

I'll argue with you about football all day long, but don't take any of the other stuff personally. 

And I did happen to be 16 back then and am still in my 30's. So there.

1 minute ago, blue85gold said:

Came here to comment on this. Freaking ooof 164k for kongbo this year. I’d love him back on a team friendly deal. Bet he gets moved one way or another this off season. 

Kongbo will be just another player strung along by teams offering the moon and then cutting them loose before the bill is due. 

That's something you rarely see from this club - I hope players/agents recognize this when negotiating with Walters.  Yeah, another team can sign you to a bigger deal but will you actually collect that money?