2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for training camp to start. The Big Blue came so close to winning the Cup that it was an absolute tease. We go through this every spring- the impatient waiting, the poring through the signings to see any blue-chip prospects loom, reading through training camp reports and hoping that the deficiencies of last season are addressed. Its a ritual really, but a familiar and welcome one that heralds a new campaign.

8 hours ago, Mike said:

For whatever reason, I feel like I’d really lost sight of how many interesting prospects the Bombers brought in this off-season. Not too worried about the massive amounts of WR or DB, that’ll sort itself out with reps but I do appreciate some of these names … real high calibre guys being brought up here.

5 names to watch in my obviously incredibly educated opinion: WR KJ Hill, DE John Waggoner, DT Jamal Woods, DB Travon Fuller, DB Juan Lua

Bonus name, I think it’s a foregone conclusion he’s QB3: Eric Barriere

Bonus name if Janarion Grant doesn’t come back: WR Aron Cruickshank

7 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Burmeister intrigues me.  He was a decent QB at a fairly high level (ACC).  Started for Oregon as a freshman so just on raw talent there's something there.  He just converted to receiver with Rams last year.  Kind of wondering if they are looking at him in both spots....or even just QB.

He must really have NFL dreams to come up here as a receiver because I have no doubt he could play QB in the UFL based on some of the guys playing there.

All great picks, and it seems like we’ve got a bumper crop of prospects this year.

For me the position battle to watch will be db/wr. We’ve got plenty of openings and it’s likely rookies will fill those spots. 1 starting wr, 1 kr, likely 2 dbs.  

Here’s a few guys I think will be good watches and could have a big camp.

Ronnie brown. 5 11 185lbs dual threat rb who tore up d2. Also damn near made the bucks active roster couple years ago as tcf. Don’t know how he would/could be fit in, but I think he’s gonna go off on camp and pre season. 

Db terrell bonds has a good chance to take one of the starting db spots. NFL experience, kick cover and kr experience, started in ufl very productive in college. 

vanterpool at T is a guy to watch in the replacement for bond. Played g and t, very highly regarded in the nfl for a bit, huge streak with out giving up a sack or taking a penalty with great size.

lber Michael Ayers, dominated d2 and has prototypical wil size and athleticism  

Jordan Lewis is another prolific lower level de/wil tweener to watch. 

2 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

A thousand bucks says he wont be.

The reason why Rivers wont win ROTY is because he is ineligible as he played in an NFL game.

Here's a quick list of new signings that have NFL experience (may have missed a player or two):

KJ Hill receiver - 21 games

Isaiah Coulter receiver - 4 games

Larnel Coleman oline - 1 game

Terrell Bonds DB - 4 games

Chauncey Rivers DE - 5 games

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Probably the most intriguing set of prospects we’ve had since TC of 2021. Glad to see the front office isn’t thinking status quo. Finally some roster battles! 

Seems like a lot of nfl experience among new guys too. 

On 2024-04-15 at 1:32 PM, bluedawg said:

How do you know that about Woods? He was never on any of the negotiation list reveals? Spill the beans!

we dont reveal all the players...and many of the ones we really are keying into won't be on the public list

3 hours ago, Booch said:

we dont reveal all the players...and many of the ones we really are keying into won't be on the public list

But my question was how did he know Woods was on the negotiation list for a long time if it was never made public that he was even on it at all? 

23 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

But my question was how did he know Woods was on the negotiation list for a long time if it was never made public that he was even on it at all? 

some people here...when they know...they know....thats all that needs to be known 

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

I will be watching (and hoping) for LaBarriere to break out and be good enough that Streveler worries.

Easily the best qb prospect we’ve brought up since streveler and maybe the best prospect qb we’ve brought up from the us in atleast 20-25 years. 
 Likely means he will be cut in rookie camp, or a final tc cut lol.