2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Bombers have signed former Last Chance U star Chauncey Rivers. He's a DE/LB thats bounced around the NFL and spring leagues the last 4 years. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/chauncey-rivers/32005249-5643-7618-72e5-8964dd14fd15

Plays like Habba, but bigger stronger guy. Really strong tackler, a guy whose talent isn’t easily measured. Has tremendous upside. 

If weed wasn’t the issue that it is in some states and the ncaa, he would’ve stuck at Georgia and probably been a mid to late draft pick. 

interestingly he was signed traded and cut in the ufl all in a couple weeks this year. 

Interesting camp guy, boom or bust prospect. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/chauncey-rivers/32005249-5643-7618-72e5-8964dd14fd15

Plays like Habba, but bigger stronger guy. Really strong tackler, a guy whose talent isn’t easily measured. Has tremendous upside. 

If weed wasn’t the issue that it is in some states and the ncaa, he would’ve stuck at Georgia and probably been a mid to late draft pick. 

interestingly he was signed traded and cut in the ufl all in a couple weeks this year. 

Interesting camp guy, boom or bust prospect. 

A pothead who seems committed to toking.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

A pothead who seems committed to toking.

You mean 80% of the pro sports athletes in North America? 
 Idc about the weed what so ever. More worrisome when a guy red shirts for academic reasons to me. If you can’t find and stick to the mail it in courses in football schools that’s scary. Though even that I think is over rated. I hate the ncaa development system for sports. It’s soo broken and out of place it’s not even funny. 

Remember when we had a db pop for mdma a couple years back? Better than that too. I’m pretty sure his reaction would’ve been oh crap they test for none peds? 

56 minutes ago, Pete said:

he looks to be stronger than Haba, but slower as well. Maybe he loses a bit of weight  to help.

Habba ran a 4.9 pro day as well but at 240. Some guys don’t translate to track speed just like some track fast guys don’t translate to the field (Barrett the lber last year is a good example) he’s also more quick with an explosive first step like Habba. 
 Idk if his quickness will be still be quick enough for the cfl. But if it is he could be a real gem. Habbas certainly does. He’s also got decent comparisons to jeffcoat, but JJ was faster and way more polished. Imp version of kongbo but with character issues. Though kongbo had run better 40s in the past. I think he tested post injury 4.8 but had run low 4.6 at some point. But college unofficial times are real suspect. 

can we sign kongbo too please? Some very interesting names still floating as fas. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Habba ran a 4.9 pro day as well but at 240. Some guys don’t translate to track speed just like some track fast guys don’t translate to the field (Barrett the lber last year is a good example) he’s also more quick with an explosive first step like Habba. 
 Idk if his quickness will be still be quick enough for the cfl. But if it is he could be a real gem. Habbas certainly does. He’s also got decent comparisons to jeffcoat, but JJ was faster and way more polished. Imp version of kongbo but with character issues. Though kongbo had run better 40s in the past. I think he tested post injury 4.8 but had run low 4.6 at some point. But college unofficial times are real suspect. 

can we sign kongbo too please? Some very interesting names still floating as fas. 

actually haba ran 4.69 Celestin Haba - OLB - Texas AM-Commerce - 2023 Draft Scout/NCAA College Football

I'd love to see them sign Kongbo as well

Celestin Haba is a super legit athlete. 37.5-inch vertical jump for a defensive end is really really good. I think Chauncey Rivers will be good competition for him with that NFL experience. That's an exciting addition I hope we can get one or two more studs signed on the defensive line

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

You mean 80% of the pro sports athletes in North America? 
 Idc about the weed what so ever. More worrisome when a guy red shirts for academic reasons to me. If you can’t find and stick to the mail it in courses in football schools that’s scary. Though even that I think is over rated. I hate the ncaa development system for sports. It’s soo broken and out of place it’s not even funny. 

Remember when we had a db pop for mdma a couple years back? Better than that too. I’m pretty sure his reaction would’ve been oh crap they test for none peds? 

Its not the THC per se but continuing to use when you are already marked and risking almost certain being caught and blowing a career that (theoretically) you have been pursuing is a strong indicator of either being mega stoned or you have the intelligence of dryer lint.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

actually haba ran 4.69 Celestin Haba - OLB - Texas AM-Commerce - 2023 Draft Scout/NCAA College Football

I'd love to see them sign Kongbo as well

Not a terrible reliable source though, they post claimed numbers. They are good at updating nfl combine prospects but not none invites. Si has his official time at 4.9. 
 They also have his claimed fast time incorrect. 

56 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

Celestin Haba is a super legit athlete. 37.5-inch vertical jump for a defensive end is really really good. I think Chauncey Rivers will be good competition for him with that NFL experience. That's an exciting addition I hope we can get one or two more studs signed on the defensive line

Vert is a better success indicator than 40 for de, broad even better. Problem is many schools for pro days do max vert and list as vert instead of no step. 

42 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Its not the THC per se but continuing to use when you are already marked and risking almost certain being caught and blowing a career that (theoretically) you have been pursuing is a strong indicator of either being mega stoned or you have the intelligence of dryer lint.

it’s dumb for sure. But I mean he was kid. Kids are dumb. Could also have felt he needed it for inflammation/pain. A lot of ncaa kids smoke weed or cbd to try and avoid opioids. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

it’s dumb for sure. But I mean he was kid. Kids are dumb. Could also have felt he needed it for inflammation/pain. A lot of ncaa kids smoke weed or cbd to try and avoid opioids. 

That combined with questionable academics does leave room to wonder if he has a 40 watt brain and if he is capable of adapting to the CFL game.  CBD doesn't get you baked and does have some therapeutic value.

10 hours ago, Tracker said:

That combined with questionable academics does leave room to wonder if he has a 40 watt brain and if he is capable of adapting to the CFL game.  CBD doesn't get you baked and does have some therapeutic value.

yeah, and I think that’s always a concern when you’re looking at kids who fall to junior college for any reason. But I think it’s also super easy to weed (lol) those guys out in a single conversation. 

Really interesting break down of the star recruit system and a bit of the positional scouting anomalies. It’s interesting to compare to how we scout and what attributes we prize at different positions as well. 

On 2024-04-09 at 11:13 AM, Dodge and Burn said:

I'm now able to listen to Green Day again. The sting of that night is almost gone. 

My 11 year old listens to more Green Day because of that game. If nothing else I call that a parenting win coming out of that crap day.

15 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Not a terrible reliable source though, they post claimed numbers. They are good at updating nfl combine prospects but not none invites. Si has his official time at 4.9. 
 They also have his claimed fast time incorrect. 

Vert is a better success indicator than 40 for de, broad even better. Problem is many schools for pro days do max vert and list as vert instead of no step. 

Few things: Draft Scout is THE real reliable source for pro day numbers. They get it straight from NFL scouts. Anything posted anywhere else that is claiming different information is incorrect. Sometimes even the schools that post results on twitter will get it wrong because they use their own times but draft scout has the real info.

Also, every single pro day vertical is run by NFL scouts and the players are not allowed to take a step or even wiggle their feet before the jump. They get two opportunities to jump from a standstill position and the best number of those two is marked down.

Agree with you that vertical and broad jump, which are measures of lower body explosiveness, are more translatable to success in the trenches than 40-time!!!

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Yup. Most pot users grow out of it.

People don’t even call weed pot anymore. Last time I heard it called pot was 25 years ago and by people who have no clue. You’re quite ignorant on the subject it appears tho and pretty much don’t have a clue.