2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Not to speak for others, but I think by “hoodwink” he meant In terms of where and how he was drafted, not necessarily the best overall player pick. 
By that criteria  I’d say it’s up there for draft  success in recent history.

I wouldn’t say the greatest hoodwink though,  Rourke was a second rounder for one.

You could also include Loffler and even Olivera as guys who were drafted later than their provided impact would dictate in hindsight. 

Yes, because every other team and the league thought he was out of football and done. He wasn’t ranked because of it and no one considered him. Otherwise he’s a been in the top couple of picks. I think people really miss how prolific he was in college. If he never got hurt and sat out he would’ve been a top 3 round nfl pick with ease. 

Loffler out performed his draft position but he was always a high upside guy. Injuries derailed his draft stock and his career.  Not a hoodwink, but a damn good bargain for sure. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Not to speak for others, but I think by “hoodwink” he meant In terms of where and how he was drafted, not necessarily the best overall player pick. 
By that criteria  I’d say it’s up there for draft  success in recent history.

I wouldn’t say the greatest hoodwink though,  Rourke was a second rounder for one.

You could also include Loffler and even Olivera as guys who were drafted later than their provided impact would dictate in hindsight. 

51 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Slow news day

Isn't it funny that after people on here mentioned the ticats had a bigger offer than BC after that other article was released....a week later this one comes out? 

Sup Dunk? An article about the Bombers dominance for the past decade would be sweet! Thanks!

It's ******* Hodge... Who, again, I'm not sure ISN'T just an AI creation of Mike's.... This site has the best Bombers info anywhere in the internet. If you're gonna steal from somewhere, you may as well steal from the best. 

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I can't even believe Hamilton was in that deep on Brady.

Makes no sense to me.  So many better ways for them to use that money.

I think there’s a reason they can’t win. They just throw money around. That don’t work lots in sports. Gotta build the foundation first. Can’t replace half the bricks every year but they try. God love them, they try. Our beautiful god Howard. Howard be thy name. Howard, love them ticats. 

But at the same time they win the off season grey cup every year. 

Edited by Goalie

If bonds nickname ain’t Gold, ppl ain’t doing it right. Gold Bonds. Damn S. 

hopefully he lives up to the name I just gave him Because, let’s be real, Goldbond is prob the best ass cream out there. Oh I see they make other skin care products. 

im excited about bonds, hopefully he gets us off our asses out there 

Edited by Goalie

53 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If bonds nickname ain’t Gold, ppl ain’t doing it right. Gold Bonds. Damn S. 

hopefully he lives up to the name I just gave him Because, let’s be real, Goldbond is prob the best ass cream out there. Oh I see they make other skin care products. 

im excited about bonds, hopefully he gets us off our asses out there 

Could be a strong glue guy for us. Or maybe a secret agent, he should wear 00 for sure. 

He looks like a great get though. 30 pass knock downs and 10 picks in college. Was a machine in ravens camp a few years ago. Made decent nfl money over his few years. Returned punts a bit too. Looks like a strong one on one tackler and a big knack for play making. Should be a guy to keep an eye on especially in rookie camp. 

On 2024-03-20 at 12:45 PM, Booch said:

I hope we dont pick "our kind of guy".....code for a plugger who will never be seen as a starter calibre let alone viable back up for the most part....and I mean picks 3 thru whatever....not in general before all the dbags start to chime n

but...but...practices hard...puts in the work....as per Osh...well wtf?!?...any player who isnt should be kiked to the curb 

Yup this isn't reserved for the underdog player. It's reserved for all classes of players.

On 2024-03-23 at 8:13 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

I can't even believe Hamilton was in that deep on Brady.

Makes no sense to me.  So many better ways for them to use that money.

There was a pretty coherent argument made that the Bombers shouldn't have been that deep on BO either. Maybe we are undervaluing him here or are missing some key information in the big picture? Count me as one that didn't want the Bombers to pay what we paid for a RB. However, I, also, agree with you premise that he most definitely wasn't or shouldn't have been a priority type offer for Hamilton with the holes they needed filling. At any rate, we and a couple other teams have given/offered unicorn RB numbers to him so let's hope he earns it.