2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, bustamente said:

Winnipeg Blue Bomber culture wins again, that and a solid paycheck. 2 very important pieces who are solid players and by the sounds of it solid people.

yup...Hopefully we can give Bailey a lil bump and keep him in the fold...deserves it and is the glue guy...Lawler..Demski..Schoen...Woli and Bailey again...with BO and now Strev sprinkled in....and being able to hit ground running from game one...whats not to like

1 hour ago, Booch said:

yup...Hopefully we can give Bailey a lil bump and keep him in the fold...deserves it and is the glue guy...Lawler..Demski..Schoen...Woli and Bailey again...with BO and now Strev sprinkled in....and being able to hit ground running from game one...whats not to like

Jake Thomas! :)

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Every team needs a guy like Bailey does the dirty work, total team player, wants to be here

2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Winnipeg Blue Bomber culture wins again, that and a solid paycheck. 2 very important pieces who are solid players and by the sounds of it solid people.

This is exactly true.

It's no longer come help build us something special,

It's come be part of something special we've built thru blood, sweat and tears. 

I love Jeffcoat - but we need a guy in the lineup every week and he just hasn’t been able to do that. We can get younger and  find a guy like Davis II at his salary from last year let alone a pay bump. 

1 minute ago, Rex_Banner said:

Haven’t heard that he definitely is, just a lot of posters here talking like he is.  Maybe thinking if they were going to re-sign him they would have done it by now? 

2 minutes ago, Rex_Banner said:

Haven’t heard that he definitely is, just a lot of posters here talking like he is.  Maybe thinking if they were going to re-sign him they would have done it by now? 

I remember seeing somewhere on social media that he was going to test the market (I can't remember the source)... no guarantee he's not back if no one offers more than we are... unless the team has decided to move on 

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I love Jeffcoat - but we need a guy in the lineup every week and he just hasn’t been able to do that. We can get younger and  find a guy like Davis II at his salary from last year let alone a pay bump. 

I totally agree.  I was just curious why not many seem to be talking about Haba in Jeffcoat’s spot. Guy seems good last year.  And would be a lot cheaper I’m sure. 

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Jake Thomas! :)

well there is that haha

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

AND the seal

and that

Just now, Mike said:

It just hit me that we got Brady, Streveler and Schoen for a combined 580k.

yeah...we making out like thieves

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think they likely go rookie for that 3rd american receiver. 

Just now, blue85gold said:

I think they likely go rookie for that 3rd american receiver. 

I agree too and as much as I’d love to see Bailey back, I also want to see him make his money and go somewhere he can be a second option. He’s capable enough to do it, I just don’t think we can give him what he deserves.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

It just hit me that we got Brady, Streveler and Schoen for a combined 580k.

And Sask got Thurman, Hardrick, and Ouelette  for that. 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I agree too and as much as I’d love to see Bailey back, I also want to see him make his money and go somewhere he can be a second option. He’s capable enough to do it, I just don’t think we can give him what he deserves.

I truly want Sheed to get more opportunity and money - but man would I hate seeing him somewhere else.