2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Piggy 1 said:

I'm trying to decide if you're just hearing about this now, or.........?  Hamilton broke this news last week...

37 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm trying to decide if you're just hearing about this now, or.........?  Hamilton broke this news last week...

Hey ,i work for a living ,just read it in Sun this morning ,while I was doing my morning ablutions.

14 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

That’s pretty awesome. Looks like 25k off the cap plus however they may have worked that bonus with being against the bonus cap and this year/last year. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

That’s pretty awesome. Looks like 25k off the cap plus however they may have worked that bonus with being against the bonus cap and this year/last year. 

Yeah good deal for both sides.  His cap hit goes from $310k to $285k but his actual take home pay goes up because he gets a big signing bonus which gets taxed way less.  Win-Win!

Kenny Lawler restructures contract with Winnipeg Blue Bombers

By
 John Hodge
 -
January 16, 2024
CANO3073-696x464.jpg Photo: Reuben Polansky/3DownNation. All rights reserved.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers’ receiver Kenny Lawler has restructured his contract for the 2024 season, per league sources.

The six-foot-two, 199-pound target received a $150,000 signing bonus to ink his new deal, which includes $115,000 in base salary, a $13,800 housing bonus, and a $7,200 travel bonus. In total, Lawler will earn $285,000 in hard money this year.

The 29-year-old was originally slated to earn $310,000 in 2024, though he’s expected to net more on his new deal as signing bonuses are taxed at a lower rate for American players. He had a $125,000 off-season roster bonus due on Monday, Jan. 15, which led to his deal being renegotiated.

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

hope this is a small domino that triggers another announcement soon... because I'm tired of every other fan base getting some good news lately! :)

yeah....sometimes it appears we aren't doing very much AND then Walters springs one us, like the deal with Kenny....A few more cash saving deals will/should net us something big and definitely help the club with fa's

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

hope this is a small domino that triggers another announcement soon... because I'm tired of every other fan base getting some good news lately! :)

TBF, no matter what news the 4 stripe fans get, as long as they still have to cheer for that team, how good can the news really be?

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

TBF, no matter what news the 4 stripe fans get, as long as they still have to cheer for that team, how good can the news really be?

when the news is regularly as shitty as it is over there, the bar for "good news" is extremely low.....  

22 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Once he retires will he be considered the greatest o-lineman in Bomber and/or CFL history?

these are the same thing because it's currently Walby......... and the answer is yes. Stan in his prime was better than Walby in his prime, and that is the highest praise I can heap. 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I would imagine Lawler restructuring (which was filed with the league two days ago, only announced today) will lead to a move more consequential than Stanley coming back.

I would assume we’ll hear Schoen is back before the end of the week.

Now, wouldn't that be nice? That would be the best news of the off season. Do you know when the NFL window closes?

18 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Now, wouldn't that be nice? That would be the best news of the off season. Do you know when the NFL window closes?

It has to open for some of them first. Not sure it is for schoen or Brady. Not hearing of any workouts for either 

As for Stanley, Welcome back. 

honestly I have a weird feeling about bombers bringing back all the vets. I feel that things could get ugly if time decides to catch up on these guys all at once. Thought signs were showing last season now doubling down a year later.