2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Randle is a good comparable, although I think Nichols is better than Randle was.

Hard to say for me. I think mo was better than randle, though both extraordinary dbs. Mo was a star at the two hardest postions to play in the secondary and randle was the best in the league at the 3rd. 
 Back then we desperately needed the D to carry us to wins. Record number of turn overs for a year two and I believe 3 year stretch. 
 But even coverage has changed a lot since then. If Nichols played back then on that team I don’t think he’d be any less that’s for sure. 

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Solid signing.....keep em coming Walters....Thought Nichols would only re-up for 1 yr. like a lot do now...A 2 yr. deal keeps him here for the Cup yr. .....Great news

There's something to be said for that. The more guys we get under 2 year deals, the more flexibility Walters may have going into next off-season. 

actually surprised people aren't higher on Lawson.... this is a HUGE signing. The kid is very very good. He's as good or better than Jake ever was (and I say that as a really big fan of Fatboi)... if we can get Mason Bennett in there to rotate next year, that's a great 1-2 punch of NI NTs along the line...