Which Vets do we cut next season

Brandon

48 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I prefer to see a lot more of BOLO than bringing back Bailey....Tough to part with the guy...you know he luvs it here but if it comes down to losing either , I prefer to retain BoLevi

That’s a tough one, but Canadian passport might get the nod. I think BOLO is gone though, he’s going to get 120-130ish from somebody.

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

That’s a tough one, but Canadian passport might get the nod. I think BOLO is gone though, he’s going to get 120-130ish from somebody.

I would imagine you are right. Tough situation for us, as we are not likely to go 3 NAT receivers and aren't looking to replace Woli or Demski. That makes any decent offer or realistic shot at starting reps pretty tough for us to compete with. Like when we lost Petermann.

15 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I would imagine you are right. Tough situation for us, as we are not likely to go 3 NAT receivers and aren't looking to replace Woli or Demski. That makes any decent offer or realistic shot at starting reps pretty tough for us to compete with. Like when we lost Petermann.

Not a lot of job openings for Natl. receivers unless they accept a backup role, Nate Behar is probably ahead of BOLO on the waiting list. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

With Walker moving on, and Fox on the cheap....savings with JJ and Walker likely gives us about 100k surplus with replacing them both with entry level guys from what we had on books for them last yr

Ricky Walker was on a rookie deal last year though, no? Don't think there's any savings letting him go. Think they role with rookie level salary at DT every year

8 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

Ricky Walker was on a rookie deal last year though, no? Don't think there's any savings letting him go. Think they role with rookie level salary at DT every year

Kolo got a raise. Brady got a raise. Dalton got a raise. Kramdi prob got a raise. Those savings all went to other players lol. I think they have some cash left over to spend obviously but how much. Who knows. Not everyone remaining will be league minimum. 

10 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

Walker signed a new deal at the end of December 2021 (after his 1st season with us) so he was not on his rookie deal.

21 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Walker signed a new deal at the end of December 2021 (after his 1st season with us) so he was not on his rookie deal.

yeah was gonna say Walker was going into his 3rd contract

34 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

After his first season that would've been a rookie deal as well. Because he was on practice roster deal before that and typically teams will re-do the practice rosters contracts to add another year at the end of the season.

Likely the reason why Evan Holm and Jamal Parker both have another year left on rookie contracts. So even if it wasn't Ricky's first deal technically, I'm almost positive he was making very close to the minimum

4 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

After his first season that would've been a rookie deal as well. Because he was on practice roster deal before that and typically teams will re-do the practice rosters contracts to add another year at the end of the season.

Likely the reason why Evan Holm and Jamal Parker both have another year left on rookie contracts. So even if it wasn't Ricky's first deal technically, I'm almost positive he was making very close to the minimum

He played 7 games as rookie in 2021 so it wasn't just a practice roster deal that they extended.  Neither Holm or Parker played a game in 2021 so there's the difference.

14 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Hey, is that you Friesen?

He believes the Bombers' free agency headlines is that Castillo and Grant arent re-signed.

Meh, Friesen is the journalist's equivalent of a wrestling heel- always causing ****, but always entertaining- he is a much more tolerable read, when viewed through this lens.

1 minute ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Meh, Friesen is the journalist's equivalent of a wrestling heel- always causing ****, but always entertaining- he is a much more tolerable read, when viewed through this lens.

The look on Strevie's face when Friesen was asking him those mindnumbingly stupid questions during the conference call was priceless.