Grey Cup - Game Week Thread

Mark H.

29 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Rose for Biggie....maybe.. I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind this move. Are they thinking Faj is gonna be throwing a lot and thus the db?? I realize that Biggie is very difficult to replace, but I'm pretty sure we have a big body or two to choose from. Like Haba  or Fox

Yeah....a dline guy would be more ideal...love Rose and actually would have him before Houston....but another beast on line to help free up the Jeff's would be ideal

My guess is that Osh is giving the loyalty/tenure start to Rose more than amything

Or maybe he throwing a curve and is gonna finally park soldier boy for a useful DA...lol

But sadly that won't happen

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah....a dline guy would be more ideal...love Rose and actually would have him before Houston....but another beast on line to help free up the Jeff's would be ideal

My guess is that Osh is giving the loyalty/tenure start to Rose more than amything

Or maybe he throwing a curve and is gonna finally park soldier boy for a useful DA...lol

Action Jackson can’t go anywhere Booch. Osh has set it in stone.

3 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

As long as you go into ridiculous detail (with sound effects- of course) and effusiveness when retelling the Hansen hit.

I sent this clip to some German friends and now they are going to be tuning in to watch the game on Sunday from Germany.  They didn't know we had a German Panzer in our line up! LOL

45 minutes ago, Booch said:

You'd better do some off-season mental therapy to prepare yourself, cause you know damn well O'Shea's bringing Jackson back again next year!

Do we have any MBB members in Hamilton?  How was Touchdown Manitoba?  Anyone??

I still remember hanging out with Tacklewasher in 2011 in Bomber House in Vancouver - aka the Elephant & Castle.  Good times.  I hope everyone is having a great time this week - wish I could be there.

EDIT - I see that this year there was no Touchdown Manitoba, due to "space limitations", whatever that means.  ARGH

Edited by kelownabomberfan

“He’s a mobster, bro. He’s a Greek Mobster,” said Drew Wolitarsky. “I think Zach might be the most competitive guy on the team. You may not always think that because of how cordial and relaxed he is off the field, but that boy loves to win. And he does it for the people around him. That’s why I call him the Mobster because he’ll do anything for family.

Tait's latest:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/11/17/48-hour-primer-grey-cup/

16 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

“He’s a mobster, bro. He’s a Greek Mobster,” said Drew Wolitarsky. “I think Zach might be the most competitive guy on the team. You may not always think that because of how cordial and relaxed he is off the field, but that boy loves to win. And he does it for the people around him. That’s why I call him the Mobster because he’ll do anything for family.

Tait's latest:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/11/17/48-hour-primer-grey-cup/

Read this earlier and loved it. Really think he's going to have a great game Sunday. Greek Mobster is gonna stick....

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

kind of goes with the whole "Canadian Mafia" vibe doesn't it?

Which caused my brain to have a thought (damn you!).

Why don't imports who have moved to Canada for a number of years and gained citizenship (I'm assuming) count as Nationals?  Don't know why that can't be a thing given the loose rules that allow the Cahoons and Wolitarskys to be called Nationals.

Seems like the rule as it stands is a little outdated and actually discourages American stars from putting down roots up here.

I mean, Zach's lived in Canada for quite some time now.

Edited by Wideleft

57 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Which caused my brain to have a thought (damn you!).

Why don't imports who have moved to Canada for a number of years and gained citizenship (I'm assuming) count as Nationals?  Don't know why that can't be a thing given the loose rules that allow the Cahoons and Wolitarskys to be called Nationals.

Seems like the rule as it stands is a little outdated and actually discourages American stars from putting down roots up here.

I mean, Zach's lived in Canada for quite some time now.

Under the new rules, players that have been with the same team for ____ years can count as NI if you want them to (we don't use it and Booch LOVES it...lol) but yes they could claim citizenship. Burris is one of the only ones I can remember that did it....

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Under the new rules, players that have been with the same team for ____ years can count as NI if you want them to (we don't use it and Booch LOVES it...lol) but yes they could claim citizenship. Burris is one of the only ones I can remember that did it....

I’m familiar with the NI rule as it pertains to team loyalty. Just wondering why citizenship can’t be considered. Didn’t know that about Burris. 

41 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I’m familiar with the NI rule as it pertains to team loyalty. Just wondering why citizenship can’t be considered. Didn’t know that about Burris. 

I don't remember the details but it might have been shortly after he retired... Not sure it was when he was still playing.